• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
UPDATE: Article out

www.bloomberg.com

Sony PlayStation’s New God of War Video Game Planned for November

The highly anticipated PlayStation game God of War Ragnarok is planned for release this November, according to three people familiar with the game’s development, despite reports this week that it had slipped to 2023.

The highly anticipated PlayStation game God of War Ragnarok is planned for release this November, according to three people familiar with the game's development, despite reports this week that it had slipped to 2023.

Publisher Sony Group Corp. is expected to announce the release date later this month, two of the people said.

God of War Ragnarok, the latest entry in the long-running series and a direct sequel to 2018's God of War, was announced in 2020 for PlayStation consoles. Sony has delayed the game several times since then, both publicly and internally, as its developers deal with the pandemic and other production challenges. Earlier this year it was planned for September, but it was recently bumped to November. A spokesman for Sony didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

ORIGINAL THREAD:

Apparently its on the bloomberg terminal now, but some are already reporting it.

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Neat. Horizon, GT7, Last of Us and God of War to cap it off. Strong year for Sony.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
baby-scream-yeah.gif

the report

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
(Bloomberg) -- The highly anticipated PlayStation game God of War Ragnarok is planned for release this November, according to three people familiar with the game's development, despite reports this week it had slipped to 2023.

Publisher Sony Group Corp. is expected to announce the release date later this month, two of the people said.

God of War Ragnarok, the latest entry in the long-running series and a direct sequel to 2018's God of War, was announced in 2020 for PlayStation consoles. Sony has delayed the game several times since then, both publicly and internally, as its developers deal with the pandemic and other production challenges. Earlier this year it was planned for September, but it was recently bumped to November. A spokesman for Sony didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

A recent report from the European gaming website GameReactor, combined with the game's absence at big industry events such as the Summer Games Fest and Sony's own State of Play, led to speculation that God of War Ragnarok wouldn't be out until 2023.

No dates are certain in the turbulent world of game development and it may still be delayed again. But as of this week it's still on track for November, the people said, asking to not be identified discussing information that isn't public.

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Expected. With Last of Us coming in september and the placeholder for GoW moved to Q4 in that database. Excited for it.
Give me that sexy combat in 60fps

Oct 27, 2017
As an enemy of PlayStation I was hoping it would get delayed again.

November 2022 makes a lot of sense.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Ragnarök looking at Naughty Dog: "it should have been me!"

Feels like it was bumped because of them deciding on September for The Last of Us Part I.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Awesome

09e1da7bc8ef753e9810c7bd1c15647a.gif

Can we get an OG Kratos skin in the game as an unlockable please SSM? I'll buy 5 copies ;)

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
That other thread about the possible delay into 2023 looking even funnier now.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine any release date announcement will come hand in hand with a trailer or gameplay exposition

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony really showing RE4R, SF 6, FF XVI, TloU Remake and GoW Ragnarok in the same month? E3 hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.