laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it sucks to hear but... honestly I was kind of expecting it after Dark Alliance

Games like Solasta and Baldur's Gate 3 are more what I'm looking for from any DnD branded titles (And I like Solasta's grid movement implementation better than BG3's free measuring movement personally. It scratches that tabletop feel itch much better to me), so Dark Alliance wasn't going to be a purchase just off the brand power, so to speak, and then it was thoroughly mediocre.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The WotC spokesperson is being super cagey with the "only 15 people will lose their jobs" bit, because they're talking internal to WotC only. The studios involved may end up having massive layoffs or shut down entirely.

This is probably going to be the case sadly. Won't be surprised if all these games were outsourced.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
It sucks so bad for the studios involved that they haven''t got any word from Hasbro yet. This has happened so many times before, and it's a terrible business practice every single time.

I feel bad for everyone working at one of the affected studios, living in uncertainty because a major corporation has long decided they will cancel something, but will wait days or weeks to tell them. Especially if a journalist, who is only doing their job, breaks the news to them.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Has Hasbro really confirmed to a journalist that they are cancelling projects that will likely lead to lost jobs but not told the teams themselves? That's sooooo shitty

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
So, no Magic The Gathering Pokemon clone still?

Wondering what the games were, probably some RPG's or card games, pretty sure they weren't doing a fighting game based on DnD because who would even buy that?

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Has Hasbro really confirmed to a journalist that they are cancelling projects that will likely lead to lost jobs but not told the teams themselves? That's sooooo shitty

According to one of Schreier's latest posts, both his source within the company and a spokesperson for Wizards of the Coast reconfirmed this. So yeah, that definitely seems like the case. And yes, that is a very shitty, but not unprecedented, thing to do.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
So, no Magic The Gathering Pokemon clone still?

Wondering what the games were, probably some RPG's or card games, pretty sure they weren't doing a fighting game based on DnD because who would even buy that?

All they have to do is making something like Shandalar. Was a MtG rpg, and was great. I shake my head at all the lost potential of games WotC could put out with the giant IP they own.
MtG_PC_MicroProse_97.jpg

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
was about to say "what does this mean for the new Dark Alliance?" and totally forgot it came out already