Status
Not open for further replies.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Question is what's it launching with? Usually Nintendo systems launch with Zelda and both the Switch and the Lite did...

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they even make 720p OLED screens.

4K output, not rendering resolution.

Cue aarongreenbergoutputsat1080.jpg

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This is gonna have to be a hot piece of hardware if Nintendo wants me to spend the money I would spend on a PS5 on this.

Applesaucejaxon

Uncle actually worked at Nintendo
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I hope this actually happens, because my screen is starting to peel off of my current Switch and I really want to replace it this year.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't DLSS in this case meaning more like 1080p upscaled to 4K?

I'm very ignorant on DLSS, if I'm being unfair and it's more like true 4K point it out.

That's what it looks like. 720p handheld backs that up too. It's incredibly unlikely that a handheld would be pushing 4k native on anything even remotely modern.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If this is a 7 incher I'm guessing they're just gonna ditch the bezels. Me likey.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Has "oof" become the new "cringe" in how needlessly overused it's become?

720p on the handheld mode with a bigger screen is absolutely not "oof" if it's 4K when docked to a television. It's a very smart in between that focuses on the most important factor of a "Pro" model.
I mean especially when Nintendo is putting out games with ineffective/nonexistent AA, yeah 720p is pretty fucking bad, even moreso when the screen is that close to the user's eyes.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
The question is still does nintendo allow 9th gen native games on this machine that cant run on the 2017 model and leave that 100 million userbase without the new third party games?

Ofc nintendo games will still come to both.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As people say I don't get 720P'handheld. If it's more than 1080p docked. And would be disappointing.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
DLSS is exactly what this thing has been rumored to have for the last few months.

Honestly seems like a super smart choice by nvidia to get dlss onto a switch revision. The tech is pretty amazing for what it does and a great way to push it into being used a lot more in games in general is to get it running on a handheld that sells like crazy and that struggles to push higher end ports sometimes at a decent quality. This will improve the switch greatly for what games run on it as well as pushing dlss to be included in more games going forward on other platforms.

As far as the 720p screen, I don't mind at all for handheld if it means I can get games on a switch that run closer to native res or don't crash low in fps often.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
We thinking that Nintendo will pull off a similar size footprint and just expand the screen size so there's less bezel?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
720p for gaming is perfectly fine. my good nest home is a 7 inch 1024x600 screen and my pictures on it looks absolutely gorgeous.

On that note z0m3le your fake specs had that weird gap between docked/portable clocks, could the portable screen explain it? perhaps tensor cores are turned off in portable mode and turned on docked? Allowing for better upscaling without a huge ramp up in clocks?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I really hope the account/save data/game purchase transfer from OG Switch to this upgrade is not.... painful.

As it is now, Switching from one Switch to another isn't a hassle at all. No reason to think it would be a problem with the Pro.

My issues is that Nintendo accounts don't allow you to have multiple Switches so you can quickly switch from the regular Switch to a Lite if you have both.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly seems like a super smart choice by nvidia to get dlss onto a switch revision. The tech is pretty amazing for what it does and a great way to push it into being used a lot more in games in general is to get it running on a handheld that sells like crazy and that struggles to push higher end ports sometimes at a decent quality. This will improve the switch greatly for what games run on it as well as pushing dlss to be included in more games going forward on other platforms.

As far as the 720p screen, I don't mind at all for handheld if it means I can get games on a switch that run closer to native res or don't crash low in fps often.
DLSS is integrated into Unreal Engine now too so any game made with UE can be DLSS readied for launch. Opens the door to alot more titles going to Nintendo

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Man, no fuckin' thank you on a 7" display. The current Switch is already pushing it size-wise.

It's probably unlikely it's bigger. Joycons (likely) need to be compatible, so they can't make it much bigger. It's probably just the bezels getting cut down.

6,2-inch-16x9-vs-7-inch-16x9.png

Not sure how accurate this site is but that's 6.2 inches vs 7 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.