• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I'm sure they've lost a bunch of clients
Red Lobster will not be the only one heading for bankruptcy soon or looking to sell.

www.restaurantdive.com

Bob Evans rumored to be up for sale

The chain, which is owned by Golden Gate Capital, had over $800 million in systemwide sales in 2022 and reportedly mulled a sale that year, too.

I don't care about the restaurant but I need those Bob Evans mashed potato vats from the grocery store.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, restaurant chains fail. They have for our entire lives. I'm not saying the system is fine, but a restaurant chain filing for bankruptcy isn't even unusual.
Oh, definitely. I'm more talking the trend of private equity buying things up, squeezing the life out of them for all the profits they can take, then loading up the carcass with bad debt and then discarding the remains.

Oct 25, 2017
Red Lobster will not be the only one heading for bankruptcy soon or looking to sell.

www.restaurantdive.com

Bob Evans rumored to be up for sale

The chain, which is owned by Golden Gate Capital, had over $800 million in systemwide sales in 2022 and reportedly mulled a sale that year, too.
I've never heard of this chain in my life. Is there really a restaurant chain named just.. Bob Evans? I guess Daveland wasn't such a farfetched joke after all.

empurror

Feb 9, 2022
i had a spontaneous desire to get red lobster probably 8 years ago now and it was awful. tasteless overpriced seafood

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Went there Saturday for the first time in like I dunno, 10 years? Outside of the biscuit, it was terrible
Been longer, maybe 15 years at the minimum for me but yeah my mother wanted to go there for unlimited shrimp so we went and I don't really like seafood but they use to have a lot more non-seafood options that were no longer on the menu. I bought a discounted gift card from Sam's Club before going so I didn't pay full price but still was definitely not good enough to justify the price. No interest in going back though I haven't really liked Red Lobster since I was maybe 12 when I got food poisoning from them.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I've never heard of this chain in my life. Is there really a restaurant chain named just.. Bob Evans? I guess Daveland wasn't such a farfetched joke after all.
They were pretty common and in a bunch states, still has over 400 restaurants in a bunch of states from Michigan to Florida and from Kansas to Delaware according to the Wiki, around for almost 80 years, Bob Evans (though spun off from the restaurant chain) products as a brand is sold in grocery stores.

Coincidentally, Bob Evans are owned by the same vampires as Red Lobster.

Oct 25, 2017
The appeal of these giant American chain restaurants used to be access and price, but now they're just as, if not more expensive than something that's locally owned and fresh. I went to Olive Garden a couple years ago and was stunned at the prices for just a basic entree. At a certain point you've got to wonder why you're not eating literally anywhere else.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Entire franchise went in the shitter after they got rid of $12.99 all you can eat shrimp.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously these chains have survived without my business but I havent been to any of them since the early '90s and Im still kinda shocked some are still around. Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory, Ruby Tuesdays, TGI Friday etc

Big Tex

Oct 28, 2017
b70e175b-5245-4d62-8ce8-ab2b4daf539c_text.gif

One of my all time Simpsons quotes

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't eaten there in about a decade because rather overpriced and not really that good. I totally love seafood, but everything there really tastes like oil or butter.
Add in the absurd amount of sodium (which goes for every restaurant, but Red Lobster is worse than most) and nope.