• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Next up, Yang said his team will work on a Steam Deck 2, which will feature a "next-generation" power upgrade but won't be available for at least two or three years. Unlike with many past experiments, Valve appears to be committed to the device for the long term.

"A lot of folks at the company are excited about this product," Yang said. "We are very invested in the Steam Deck."

www.bloomberg.com

Valve Announces New Steam Deck With OLED Screen, More Storage

The new handheld device will begin shipping on Nov. 16 and feature significantly improved visuals but no power boost

As part of a longer article about the Steam Deck OLED.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
well yeah ofc, my only concern is when we reach Steam Deck 3

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
That's fine for me. My biggest worry was dropping $500+ only for it to be obsolete a year later.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
I just went from not wanting the oled, to wanting it, to now waiting until this

What a wild 20 minutes

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
Good to know. I'll upgrade from my original when that comes out.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Valve finally has hardware that is a Success and can be iterated on for a longer time. Good for them.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Cool that they announced this same day as the OLED model. I'll wait to upgrade my OG Deck until this new version comes out!

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
2nd iteration is always the "best" one :d.
Man, 2-3 years is still quite far eh.

I guess we'll be full into the 3nm node for all products by then, RDNA4 given the partnership with AMD.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
That was probably everyone's guess anyway.

Probably won't get this and a Switch 2, looking forward to seeing what they have under the hood.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I really dislike the business scheme of mobile phones, new generations and very fast revisions, but I guess it works for other people.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Valve almost got me with the limited edition OLED, but I'll try to be patient. I've used my Deck almost every day since June, 2022.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Glad that they told us ahead of time. I would've considered getting the OLED upgrade, but I'll just keep my current Steam Deck until the Deck 2 comes out.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
jschreier I think there's an error in your article.

"The new model will begin shipping on Nov. 16, the company said Thursday. It will range in price from $399 for the 256GB version up to $679 for a limited edition with more memory and a special carrying case."

$399 is for the old model with the LCD screen. The new model starts at $549.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Very satisfied with this news, we know it's coming and it's not 5 years away

Thats enough time for someone to potentially hold off on upgrading to OLED if they so choose

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Skipped the OG, the OLED version seems nice but don't have the funds to buy one. Will be in a better position definitely in a couple years time for this

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good, that portable lifestyle is getting better and better.
SD OLED, Switch 2 next year and SD 2 a couple years after that. Good times.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll stick with my current one until this is out. Should coincide with AMD going to 3nm. Should be a pretty huge jump.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
This is today's real megaton. Super excited. I expect it will play all current gen games flawlessly. I only bought my Deck a few months ago but I love it so much.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am going to wait for Deck 2 then.
Oh upgrade? I am going to wait for Deck 2 OLED then.
Oh shit Deck 3? I am going to wait for that then.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
OLED at launch please, this might be the one handheld PC I'll get. I got a laptop like 2 years ago and I barely use it lol.

Crisium

Oct 25, 2017
Zen 5 (or 6? I can dream even if almost impossible) APU please. Steam Deck 1 does so well with a Zen 2 APU thanks to Linux and Valve optimizations compared to the Zen 4 APU in the Asus Rog Ally. But it's still Zen 2. Imagine them with the Asus APU. But seeing as this is 2-3 years away, I want bleeding edge Zen 5 at least.

Ok that's a great sign. That means it will be more advanced than a Zen 4 APU.

gabyb

Jun 23, 2021
Definitely upgrading when the time comes, I am loving my deck and my steam library just keeps getting bigger