• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Team Are You?

• Team Real

Votes: 871 33.2%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 1,431 54.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 322 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Untitled.png
I can't find that in their Twitter like history

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Time to close the thread. All of the "we're just having fun, stop ruining it" has ended when this guy looks so stressed and the Twitter replies are so mean. It was always a conspiracy theory and it's time to stop promoting it.

Let's just move on now, please.
While I agree that it's time to close it up.
This part is absolute garbage. Show us the the receipt of those in this thread that actually harassed/doxxed him on other sites. No need to make stuff up.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Dunno? Maybe you imagined them? I never saw any posts like that. lol
I've seen a few.. quick search for instance and I found this one:

www.resetera.com

Blue Box Game Studios- Recently announced their game Abandoned as a PS5 Exclusive now this weird tweet comes out today.

OK that's news to me, but it's not that significant. It doesn't necessarily mean that he exercises control over the operations of that company, or that it's even his birth name for example.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing "he brought this on himself, he deserves this" takes but most of the messages I've seen from the guy during this whole conspiracy was him saying that he isn't involved with Kojima or Silent Hill.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
I'll be honest, this is quite the conspiracy theory when honestly, the only really fishy thing that caused me to suspect things was the PS5 app. Everything else seems like it is stretching at straws. This poor indie dev is probably going to get review bombed for not being Silent Hill despite them basically doing nothing. (I'm already seeing people saying it looks like garbage after having previously said it looks great when speculating if it was a Kojima game. These people want a Silent Hill game so badly they are going to drive an indie game dev insane just because of it)

If there is any good that can come out of this, hopefully, Blue Box are able to sell Abandoned as a great horror game, Konami notices the frenzy as a sign that Silent Hill should come back, and people learn to not get too carried away with coincidences as marketing campaigns.

Why tho? At least leave it until the app comes out, it's still fun to discuss

Cause it's giving the developer anxiety to see people speculate that their game is attached to a developer that it clearly isn't. Making devs even more anxious and feeling pressure to suddenly turn out to be a Kojima game just for your own enjoyment isn't very nice, I think we can all agree on that.

This thread should be closed IMO, probably won't do anybody any good.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing is incredibly dumb and is obviously just hurtful to the developers. At this point I think speculation on this thing should just be shut down on this site at least.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Jason Schreier's tweets accompanying his reporting today suggest there's still something odd about this whole situation and I agree. Don't see why the thread should be closed just yet.

starlesbian

Unshakable Resolve
May 6, 2021
Honestly if this ends up being real it feels like it'll set a worrying precedent regarding future incidents and Gamers(tm) harassing random devs, a la ReleaseTheSnyderCut

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
KojiPro are masters of deception. Just give enough "evidence" to make us doubt their involvement, but just provide little tidbits to keep us wanting more.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
With the current events and it looking less likely this is an Arg for Silent Hill, this thread has been locked. If actual news (trailer, etc.) about the game come out, we can make a thread about this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.