luminosity

"This guy are sick"
Oct 30, 2017
I love everything about this.

The article says the guy is from Seaside, California. Assuming that's where this house is, it looks like like a wealthy/affluent neighborhood with homes going for $750k- 2.5 million (not a surprise given the guy owns a boat).

I guarantee you is his rich neighbors complained that his boat ruined the "aesthetic" of the street or some petty bullshit. That's the sort of stupid thing that rich folks can afford to get upset about.

Seaside is next to the sea. Surprised pikachu face

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's great that an artist got paid as the result of complaining NIMBYs.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
Why did he need to hide that boat in the first place?

Cars everywhere, junk everywhere but god forbid people can see your boat?
Because a boat in a yard is "unsightly," and devalues the neighborhood. This then depresses the local home-owners greatest investment, and reduces the amount of taxes that a city can collect.

Remember, to middle-class America, a house isn't a home, it's their ticket to generational wealth, and retirement income.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, well done. Looks like the photo in OP was taken from a bit too close and there's a distance where it would have lined up perfectly with the chimney etc.

Bonus points if that distance happens to be at the annoying neighbor's place.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
The boat is ugly, the painting is ugly (I only mean the subject matter, the sheer quality on display is absolutely wonderful), but the pettiness is exquisite.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
1*hzBeMd_3i4BuBb4qh3-Feg.gif
Can you imagine a world where white people minded their own business?

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
Props to the artist. That looks awesome.

Fuck people who complain to the city for the "aesthetic" of their neighborhoods.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Is it wrong that I'd pay money to have seen the face of the busy little dweeb who complained about seeing the boat when he/she saw the mural? People truly do suck, don't they? Imagine being that pathetic...uuughhh!

Dunsparcer

Feb 28, 2019
He needs to commission the artist again to paint in the complainer into the mural standing with their hands on their hips admiring the boat.