• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
D0-3EL0XcAE-nVH.jpg

"Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro's honeymoon appears to be coming to a swift end, as a new opinion poll shows a steady decline in his approval ratings.

Support for Bolsonaro has fallen 16 percentage points since January, and currently stands at just over 50 percent, according to a poll released Wednesday by Ibope Inteligencia. Thirty-eight percent of Brazilians disapprove of his presidency, the survey showed.
(...)
The poll also show a dip in the public's evaluation of Bolsonaro's administration. Thirty-four percent consider his administration good, down from 49 percent in January. The percentage of people who deem his government bad rose to to 24 percent, from 11 percent in January.

The approval ratings are worse than those of former President Fernando Henrique Cardoso Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva and Dilma Rousseff during the same period of their first terms in office.,"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...al-rating-suffers-16-point-drop-since-january

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Of course its going to continue to drop. Hopefully the brazilian left can adapt to the changes in perception otherwise he will win reelection

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This fascists are just a fase that once they get on power they screw up and go away faster than we thought

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
At least it shows Brazil might wise up. We've seen other douchebags like Duterte seem teflon.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The actual remnant of a military junta who filled his administration with friends and family is wantonly corrupt and unpopular? While Lula is still in jail over empty charges?

Shocked. Shocked I say.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
There's some missing punctuation, so I thought Fernando Henrique Cardoso Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva was a single person's name. I was briefly impressed until Google informed me that's two separate people.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't really matter. Dude is in power, and by the next time he's up for election, no doubt he will have grabbed enough power that there's no chance of a fair election

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Now that it's all said and done, I think we needed to have him sit on the chair. Seems like this is the only way his idiotic electors will understand how stupid he is, if Haddad had won, we would probably still be in the same neverending political turmoil, talking impeachment, fake news wars, etc. Now everything he says and does is on his account, and it has been a delight to see.

I just hope one term is enough for people to get real, and that we will get rid of him in four years.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
With any luck, it'll keep falling. I hope he sinks to the bottom of the ocean, never to be heard of again. For those who don't know, this asshole is basically Brazilian Trump. I've nothing but contempt for him and his supporters. The ones that aren't incredibly racist, sexist and homophobic are, at the very least, willing to overlook his rhetoric, so yeah, this is Brazil's very own basket of deplorables. I don't want to catch a ban, so I won't further chronicle what I wish would happen to this bigoted bastard.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
On a related news, he just said that poor people that got Bolsa Familia (the social wellfare program that got famous in the Lula administration) are less inteligent than the rest

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
keep in mind the previous president last year had 4% approval rating.

only 24% thinks his shitty government is bad....... that's pretty hopeless, most of his supporters just pretend negative things are fake news, and spread their BS on whatsapp.

also they are currently focused in the process of making something that is always very unpopular n Brazil, pension reforms, if they can get it done, and the economy looks ok I would think he would recover popularity easily...
his family involement with militias scandal also seems to be calming down.

Nov 7, 2017
I think that leaders like Bolsonaro and Trump are fucking up because they are so divisive. An effective fascist is a leader that is also very popular and both of them seem to be on the opposite end. I know my Brazilian in laws who are close to retirement are hating the fuck out of Bolsonaro because he is fucking up their pension

But then again all bets are off if he decides to give a big fuck you to fair elections and make a Brazil Military Dictatorship Part 2

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The real answer is because everyone that had a major hand in putting him there now has a major government job

Temer (our previous president) is probably ridiculously more corrupt, got arrested and didn't stayed one week in jail

Sounds about right.

The corruption in these types of places is off the charts(no disrespect to your country btw). In America our corruption is pretty transparent but people overlook it cause there isnt mass genocide in the streets. Maybe even that would not be enough

Last edited: