• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Heya everyone this is Dion Koster from Team Reptile, game director of Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. I hope you are all doing well, I wanted to add a supplement to the new teaser we dropped. First off a shout out to Bx'treme who made the track AGUA we used. I got to admit I didn't know where the samples were from but it sure sounded dope. Google 'Agua' for a quick surprise.
As you know BRC is a game about the street. Wherever you are from, chances are you grew up going out to the local skatepark, scratching your name on the bins at school or hanging out at the mall, dancing, before heading back home to do some extreme tricks in your favorite video game. Maybe it got you to the point that you are now hitting up the big spots in your own way! Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is a big street culture symphony of these feelings. In that spirit I have decided to include skateboarding, BMX and inline skating in the game.
With this teaser we are giving you a heads up, the way that you move around is important. Style is not only about appearance. Many secrets can be found by getting points and doing combos throughout the stage. You will be outstyling the other crews after you bombed their turf to take what's theirs. Skateboarding, inline and BMX are represented with real life tricks to play into this. After going off you'll be able to switch back to regular ol' feet anytime you want to get down to the beat.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I am so excited for this game. I hope for the absolute best, and I give my support by buying all the Lethal League skins they put out on Switch.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping this game does well to convince Sega to revive JGR/JSR but who am I kidding

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Man I am really excited for this. If movement and tricking feel as a good as they look this should be a special game.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
coming off of a recent jet set radio future 100% run, this is looking like gold to me

beat knocks too, no cap

oX5t8Ah.gif

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
They definitely have the look down. And I love that they're adding some unique ideas to the game to differentiate it from Jet Set Radio. I just hope the game feels as good to play as it looks.

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how good this is looking. Hope we see more protagonists and how they play into the game (if they are going down this route like JSR) but this is looking a fine ass spiritual sequel

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The game i'm most excited for.
Really hope this is a 2022 release.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
OOF. Looks good. Please be good. Also like that one character with the blue hair. She looks like my main c':

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
During the skateboard part, I saw a countdown. Does this game use one always or was that a mini game? I was hoping for something like JSRF, but that makes it seem more like the first game...

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Can't stop watching on repeat.

Love the voice sample from a SpongeBob Movie OST song lul!

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hell yeah. I was a bit concerned about the whole running around approach they were taking. To see they have skateboards, bikes and most importantly, skates! To make it feel more like jet set radio is awesome.

I can't wait for this.