• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
The "Greatest Generation" is way before Boomers, and they still seem to get a good rep. I feel you are just describing how post-Boomer generations (rightfully) see Boomers. The second part (the ones after them being entitled and having no direction) is absolutely universal, though.

It always works both ways in every generation. Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it, as George Orwell said. I've seen my childhood friends transformed from "adults suck, they always underestimate kids today" to "kids today now nothing about respect!" in the blink of an eye. It was bizarre, especially since kids today aren't that much different in context.

Oct 28, 2017
I can't tell which ones are legit and which comics are spoofs. There's too much overlap.

Also I fucking hate it when gobshite adults will boast about the supposed accomplishments of their generation, which are those of the one before. Most human progress is just strokes of luck that one person achieves, and millions of others capitalise on from that point forward.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Oh, god, I thought that Conservative humour was bad. These are all AWFUL! (and making the same "joke" again and again)

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
It always works both ways in every generation. Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it, as George Orwell said. I've seen my childhood friends transformed from "adults suck, they always underestimate kids today" to "kids today now nothing about respect!" in the blink of an eye. It was bizarre, especially since kids today aren't that much different in context.
972_millennial_grandpa.png

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing more satisfying than Boomers thinking today's generation is soft cuz they don't want to fight and die in wars.

Especially since outside of a small portion of the older boomers, they've never been involved in a war themselves. Of course they conveniently forget the generation of near millennials and millennials who have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan for the past 18 years.

My father in law loves talking about how much us millennials are on our phones. I imagine it's a defense mechanism for being from the shittiest generation (he's one of the better boomers, solid democrat, hates Trump, but his generation sucks)

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I love how even in the Boomer comics, they only point out how the millennials don't live up to the Greatest Generation. Even the Boomers won't try and make the case for the quality of the Boomers.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
what bothers me about depictions of millennials in these comics is that, more often than not, they dress like we are still in the 90s

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I mean-none of these have one bit of wit. There's nothing clever to say.

Are they literally suggesting that no young people have signed up for military service??
When the 2020 election rolls around, there will be voters who have never been alive when the US wasn't at war.
what bothers me about depictions of millennials in these comics is that, more often than not, they dress like we are still in the 90s
It's incredibly obvious these people haven't been around anyone under 20 in decades. Especially the Pokemon Go ones are "I saw this on the news." And all the ones where kids don't know what books are were written by aliens who have never even been to earth.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Boomers taking the role of their parents generation when bitching about youth is a very boomers thing to do.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
While I agree the comics aren't funny or clever in the least, I find it funnier when people complain about people having a bit of fun at millennials. They're just stupid comics.

Also, kids and they're cell phones are annoying as hell.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I follow a Facebook page called Rock guitar Legacy which does a music version of kids these days. Like "remember going to the record store?" Or "remember when music was played with real instruments?" And shit like that. It's pretty funny how sad it is.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
Literally every generation goes through this once they realize they aren't young anymore. There hasn't been a generation that wasn't griping about the "kids" and thier newfangled video games/smartphones/hip-hop/rock-and-roll/color televison/books and how it's ruining the future.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
While I agree the comics aren't funny or clever in the least, I find it funnier when people complain about people having a bit of fun at millennials. They're just stupid comics.

Also, kids and they're cell phones are annoying as hell.

You might have a point in some other context, but I don't think this applies here. The comics are clearly much closer to complaining about millennials since they're so far removed from reality that it's hard to even say they're just having a bit of fun, and the posters here (most millennials, I guess) are making fun of the comics for being stupid.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Millenials were doing the Cinnamon Challenge. We're all in our mid-20s to mid 30's. It's wierd that people call everyone, teens included millenials. It's like calling kids born in the 70s Baby Boomers.

That's what people are doing here too. They're calling people who were teens in the 80s boomers. Boomers were born in the 30s 40s and early 50s imo. Gen X was late 50s, 60s 70s and millennials were 80s to late 90s then Gen Z after.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
That's what people are doing here too. They're calling people who were teens in the 80s boomers. Boomers were born in the 30s 40s and early 50s imo. Gen X was late 50s, 60s 70s and millennials were 80s to late 90s then Gen Z after.

how could boomers be born before WW2 when the whole concept is post WW2 baby booming?

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I work with a bunch of baby boomers in a blue-collar setting, and the irony there is that all of them would laugh at these comics yet none of them have read a book in years, or in some cases, ever. I got a guy who has literally NEVER read a book.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
Boomers were born in the late 40s and 50s. The term refers to the Baby Boom that occurred due to the post WWII era.

Gen X were those born in the late 70's, early-mid 80s. They were mostly kids who were teens in late 80s-mid 90s. Aka the teens and young adults when millenials were kids in the late 90s and early 00's. Gen Z are those kids who were born in the very late 90s(like 99 on) and 00s. They are teens now, although the oldest of them are approaching thier 20s.

Millenials are pretty much post-college and in or approaching their 30s and 40s. Generation Z are entering college or nearly finishing high school. The generation after them(those born in the late 00s or early 10's ) don't really have a name for their generation mainly because they don't really have a cultural signifier yet for thier generation.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of ironic because a lot of the old people I know are absolutely infatuated with Pokémon Go and are glued to social media

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These baby boomers and their nuclear weapons...

Back in my day, we had to commit war crimes with our bare hands. Not with these fancy pantsy sissy bombs.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
The enlistment ones are so weird. It's insulting to our current military personal and what are there Nazis invading Europe again? We need to enlist to fight another world war?

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
One that ended up almost true with esports:
4g5gty.jpg
Also by all the verbiage you can tell Gary Larson actually gave a shit and was either knowledgeable in video games or took the 5 minutes to look it up rather than just be proud of their lack of any sort of knowledge like some of these other comic writers.