• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MoosiferX

Oct 27, 2017
Richland, WA
Just got my Pfizer booster and am celebrating with GARBAGE food and beer. Easing the nano machines into their new home.

I didn't really have any side effects from the first two shots so we'll see if third time's the charm!

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't even find a cvs to get the booster locally. All are booked up.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I was hoping to get my booster this weekend and procrasted so I was looking a few hours ago.

After not being able to find anything before next Tuesday at Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid, I decided to check some Shoprites (regional grocery store). Someone must have cancelled because at 3:45, they had a 5pm appointment open for today.

So yeah. Drove over and now I'm boostered up. Wondering how my body will react.

Edit:

Didn't end up having any side effects other than being a bit drowsy about 24 hours after.
Got the booster approx. 7 months after my last initial shot.
All shots have been Moderna

Last edited:

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got my booster ten hours ago, and it feels like my body wants to get chills. Also feeling sleepy.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Damn, I just had an extremely rough night and day after my booster. I just couldn't get comfortable, aches all over my body, chills. I still can't eat, just had some broth today and a lot of water.

I think I'm through it now. Still uncomfortable, still can't eat but I can at least stand up now.

Just got my Pfizer booster and am celebrating with GARBAGE food and beer. Easing the nano machines into their new home.

I didn't really have any side effects from the first two shots so we'll see if third time's the charm!
In case you didn't know, you shouldn't be drinking for a week after any vaccine, even the flu. It suppresses your immune system and will make it less effective. Even tho it can make you feel like shit, that is the vaccine working.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Damn, I just had an extremely rough night and day after my booster. I just couldn't get comfortable, aches all over my body, chills. I still can't eat, just had some broth today and a lot of water.

I think I'm through it now. Still uncomfortable, still can't eat but I can at least stand up now.

In case you didn't know, you shouldn't be drinking for a week after any vaccine, even the flu. It suppresses your immune system and will make it less effective. Even tho it can make you feel like shit, that is the vaccine working.
I just got my booster and asked the nurse if i could drink or smoke weed that night and she said as long as I wait several hours with no signs of side effects. Also said feeling like shit doesn't mean its working any better than someone that feels just fine afterwards

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Weed is fine. Alcohol suppresses your immune system. It looks like the advice for Covid vaccine is to limit yourself to 1-2 drinks for several days after.

And I said even tho it can make you feel like shit. Not everyone feels those side effects, but that is objectively the vaccine doing it's thing. That doesn't mean somebody who doesn't have side effects has less immunization lmao.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my Pfizer booster last night around 5PM. I got the JnJ back in March and I just had a slight fever with minor body aches for a few hours, but was fine the next day.

So far so good, my arm is just sore!

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Got my Booster 11am yesterday. Been a full 12 hours and nothing but a sore arm so far. Slept like a baby as well.

It's so crazy how everyone is having so wildly different after-effects. Anyway, I feel good. Moderna Nanobots putting in work.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Previously, I had two Pfizer covid vaccines (My 2nd shot happened back in April).

I've just received my COVID booster shot yesterday (Pfizer again) at one of my local community service board buildings (called Geona Healthcare), & I've been receiving a sore arm for nearly 24 hours now, just like with my previous shots.

Though I rather protect myself & have a sore arm for a short while than to risk catching COVID & either risk dying or to be put on a ventilator machine to help me breathe.

Edit: Now I've gotten myself both a sore arm & a headache. Man, both of these shots were doing a number on me!

Skipping the flu shot this year.
No. Don't skip it. You can further protect yourself & everyone else with the flu shot as well.

I also went & got a flu shot as well for further protection.

Last edited:

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just got mine. No soreness really about 2 hours after. I'm almost a little concerned because the person administering it was complaining about their glove being wet and then when they fiddled with the syringe after the needle came off. There's no way that it didn't go through the needle and just squirted out the vaccine through the syringe, right?

I'm assuming I'll be laughing about this worry in a day when I'm feeling like complete ass like after my last two.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Got my booster 6 hours ago. Since my first two didn't do anything to me I hope that the third will behave as well.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I felt nothing for shot one or two.

for shot three my arm aches a bit one day later but I also got flu shot at same time same arm so can't say what caused it specifically. Other than that, no feeling.

_swee_

Oct 26, 2017
Portland OR
damn I got my moderna booster and flu shot in same arm yesterday. My arm is still sore and my whole body aches and I had trouble sleeping last night.

Nov 21, 2017
Got mine at 1 pm today. Already have chills, swollen lymph nodes and aches. I really am a horrible sick person. I tell people to fuck off and let be. I rather have this shit than the real thing. A lot of colleagues family members died from covid when it.

Also so stupid that I didn't get my flu shot at the same time.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
got my boostie and my flu shot this morning. no real side effects so far about 10 hours out

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
Got my flu shot and Pfizer booster Wednesday, had chills/body ache and serious arm pain all Thursday, then was fine by Friday morning.

It was similar to my second shot but with much more arm pain near where I got the shots. This was my first time ever getting the flu shot.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Wife and I got our booster shots yesterday. It took a while to hit, but I'm definitely feeling it now. Headache, general body soreness, and I'm shaking hardcore if I step out of my blanket.

neferteetee

Oct 28, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Got my booster yesterday morning and felt ok yesterday. Just woke up and feel like I got hit by a truck. This is how it felt with the shots too so hopefully by tomorrow I'm back to normal.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
My moderna booster shot was fine. Some body soreness but otherwise very mild

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's been like 18 hours and I barely even feel a sore arm. I'm actually really concerned that the syringe actually leaked and didn't really go into my arm because of how much the other shots fucked me up and I'm feeling barely anything this time. I don't even know if there's anything I can do about that though. Like I said before, the woman was saying something about her glove or the inside of her glove being wet after because of what they used to clean something before??? it was confusing and she kinda mumbled it, and then the head of the needle popped off when she was handling it afterward.

I said half jokingly "well, as long as it went in" and she said "yeah, it went in" but man I'm starting to doubt it. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

Does anyone know if this is even possible? I read some stuff about syringes leaking onto people's arms, but that didn't happen in my case.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I had mine yesterday around noon, by 4 pm when I left work, I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I slept the rest of the day until nearly 9 PM. Haven't had any issues since, even my arm doesn't hurt.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Got the booster on Thursday. All three shots have been Moderna for me.
Whole arm was sore after about six hours, and it stayed that way for just over a day. Felt generally groggy overall, but no fever this time around.
Today, I feel right as rain.

A+. Would boost again.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I had covid back in march and both moderna shots fucked me up. I got the first shot a month or so after I had covid (probably should've waited). I'm just not sure how long until I need a booster having the natural antibodies and my full vax.

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017
Got the booster yesterday morning. Started getting a headache and arm-ache by midday. Started getting bad chills as I was getting ready for bed, they lasted all night and I barely slept. Feel like crap today, body aches and I'm weak/sore all over. I think the 2nd shot I had earlier this year was worse though.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Got my Pfizer booster yesterday and have the same effects as my 2nd shot: sore arm, fever chills overnight and just overall aches today.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
I got the Moderna booster on Monday. Apart from the first night with a sore arm, I was fine. Until yesterday -- all of a sudden I have a really sore arm -- but it's the other arm (the one that did not get the shot)! Wtf =)

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Moderna first shot was horrific - made me very glad I didn't have Covid. Kicked in after 12 hours, and was about 12 hours of chills, aches, and wishing I was dead.

Second Moderna was less bad. Same 12 hours before it kicked in, but I was prepared this time: took the next day off work so I didn't have to call in sick the day of, and expected misery. It was awful, like the worst flu I'd ever had, but not "kill me" bad like the first. These side effects lasted longer though: about 24 hours.

Going to get the third one the second I'm eligible, because fuck having this misery for weeks if I catch Covid. Fucking nightmare, even without having to go to hospital or losing my sense of smell/taste for years.

Had my flu shot already and it was nothing, same as every year for me.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Just got my booster had to go with moderna, also got the flu shot at the same time. Nothing too crazy yet.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Pfizer booster shot achievement unlocked. Luckily, I only had a mild fever for like 12 hours (12 hours after my shot).

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my moderna booster yesterday. So far its a bit more mild than my 2nd shot. My body is sore but I'm not nearly as fatigued

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Had two shots of Pfizer, but got a Moderna booster + flu shot on Thursday

By far the worst I've felt, chills/headache/fatigue for most of yesterday. Feeling better today but still want to be in bed all day basically

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well about 24 hours later and I got tired and have a bit of a headache. Nothing remotely like the first two, and I sometimes get tired and have a headache normally. I guess I just have to hope my shot didn't leak a ton/at all because there's not really anything else I can do.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Got a booster + flu shot roughly 24 hours ago.

Much better compared to my second shot. I had a 102.5-degree fever then, but I'm not running a fever at all now. I still have soreness in my left arm and lethargy, but otherwise am fine.

MoosiferX

Oct 27, 2017
Richland, WA

Damn, I had no idea! That seems like something they should maybe tell you when you get a vaccine. Either way I didn't drink a ton, and just wound up with a slightly sore arm again. Good to know though!

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Damn, I had no idea! That seems like something they should maybe tell you when you get a vaccine. Either way I didn't drink a ton, and just wound up with a slightly sore arm again. Good to know though!
Yea it's not a huge deal probably, I just want to spread the word. My nurse didn't say anything either, but my wife is also a nurse and she is extremely serious about it with her patients because many of them are high risk. I wouldn't worry, just something to keep in mind.

On topic: I'm still not 100%. I'm really surprised, I had basically no reaction to the first two shots afaik. I got Moderna instead of Pfizer this time, not sure if that made any difference. I had a fever last night and even tho I was chugging fluids and felt pretty ok I ended up texting my wife some absolute nonsense that I thought we were talking about because I was dreaming it.

I'm sure it could happen anytime but I've never done that before. It was about her brother Brett canceling a trip to Disneyland with us because he thought he'd be caught ditching school. She does not have a brother named Brett, and her youngest sibling is 24 😳

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Wife had booster yesterday, Moderna.
Rough shape atm; bad chills, whole body ache and mild fever. Didnt sleep last pm due to "muscle twitching and aches.

Weird cuz I had my booster, Moderna also and had pretty mild side effects.
she is pretty miserable but knows should be about 48 hrs max. Lots of ibuprofen and water.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My body adjusted to the 2nd Moderna and booster shots much better.

First one I had a fever and chills for a day and a dead arm for several days. 2&3 were a lot more mild. arm was slightly sore and some fatigue for about a day.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
2 Pfizers to start, got a Moderna+Flu Shot cocktail this past week. 1st Pfizer gave me mild "meh"ness, 2nd Pfizer I felt like I *had* been sick and was in that tail period after you have a flu but didn't feel sick sick.

Moderna+FluShot combo has had my entire arm on both sides aching and last night my armpits were swollen and killed for a bit. I have generally felt mid at best in every other category.

This being a lower dose (Moderna booster is 0.5x regular dose) and beating me up a bit more makes me wonder if the Moderna would have been rougher for me in the initial doses than the Pfizer ended up being.

It could also just be entirely down to the flu shot. I got a flu shot on its own last year and my aches were similar.

2nd shot was April 20th, Booster December 2nd.

Last edited:

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Booster Moderna just made me drowsy so I took a nap. Other than that it was nothing.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all should state how long it's been since your 2nd shot because I wonder if the reaction is much worse closer to 6 months than if you wait 8+ months.

Oct 25, 2017
ABout a day after the booster I had a light fever and a bit of a head ache. Took 2 Tylenol and napped after work, and I felt a bunch better. Arm's a bit sore, but other than that I'm feeling pretty good.