whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
omg.

AIU8BHO.jpg

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hard brexit gaining strength every day

Hard Brexit at this point would be somewhat a relief compared to the no-deal that is creeping up on us day by day. It's incredible how much they've managed to move the narrative goalposts from "people voted against EU membership, we must negotiate a close and relatively sensible Norway-style arrangement" to "people voted against any type of arrangement, we must leave with none".

Soft or no is my preference, but can't lie and say I wouldn't be somewhat relieved if the WA got through somehow at this point.

Erdtree

Oct 25, 2017
backstop or not? ahahaha. okay, don't you worry about the utter shitshow that is ireland.

People voted for this but you make out like this is something that was not on the table,anyone that looked at this knew europe was not going to make it easy yet everybody jumps up and down.there was a vote i voted and im sure you did too,now its time to deal with it without making bold statements

Erdtree

Oct 25, 2017
Leaving the without the backstop or an equivalent agreement means a hard border in Northern Ireland which really isn't a great for the peace process over there, never mind any customs arrangements.

Its time to move on,all this uncertainty is doing noone any good .we had a vote now lets get it done so we can deal with the main problems that actually effect this country like knife crime,shitty hospitals and schools

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its time to move on,all this uncertainty is doing noone any good .we had a vote now lets get it done so we can deal with the main problems that actually effect this country like knife crime,shitty hospitals and schools
You can say "move on" all you like, that won't provide any answers for what will happen with the Irish border. And this isn't something to be reckless or haphazard about. The Troubles weren't that long ago and being that reckless with the Food Friday Agreement and causing a situation where a hard border would be necessary between N.I./R.O.I. ain't exactly a good way of making sure things don't flare up again.

Unless by "this country" you really mean England/Wales/Scotland and aren't considering Northern Ireland part if the IK at all because it definitely is part of the country and if your that reckless with the situation and prioritize just getting on with it, that's going to create a situation that will affect people for sure and definitely will 'do no one any good" as you put it.

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
People voted for this but you make out like this is something that was not on the table,anyone that looked at this knew europe was not going to make it easy yet everybody jumps up and down.there was a vote i voted and im sure you did too,now its time to deal with it without making bold statements
Utterly clueless.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I'm pretty sure this is just an elaborate comedy sketch at this point. Surely this can't actually happen.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

LOL, what? Have you been paying even the slightest bit of attention? The EU has essentially made it as easy as possible and it's still being messed up. Wow.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
You can say "move on" all you like, that won't provide any answers for what will happen with the Irish border. And this isn't something to be reckless or haphazard about. The Troubles weren't that long ago and being that reckless with the Food Friday Agreement and causing a situation where a hard border would be necessary between N.I./R.O.I. ain't exactly a good way of making sure things don't flare up again.

Unless by "this country" you really mean England/Wales/Scotland and aren't considering Northern Ireland part if the IK at all because it definitely is part of the country and if your that reckless with the situation and prioritize just getting on with it, that's going to create a situation that will affect people for sure and definitely will 'do no one any good" as you put it.

Some people don't give a shit about the Irish issue. I've had several people say to me how the Irish have "fucked Brexit up for everyone" and that we should "let them get on with it". It's as if they can't remember that we had the threat of terrorism on our doorstep on a daily basis before the good Friday agreement.

Games

Oct 27, 2017

Just a little heads up since I believe I saw you were a Tory voter earlier in the thread, the reason both schools and the NHS are suffering is purely down to underfunding from the Tories. Even minor increases you've seen in funding were actually cuts, just in ways you'd never consider. Schools are being asked to pay for more behind the scenes than they ever were before, despite any apparent funding "increases" coming their way.

You'll also notice that the streets are now filled with homeless people where under Tony Blair homelessness was such a rare sight that it was actually shocking when you saw someone on the street. I don't think you need any clues as to why that might be.

Edit: Also, if we could stop comparing a well educated career politician with the ability to manipulate a nation with some mild baffoonery and intentionally ruffled hair to make himself look wacky with Donald Trump, that would be fantastic. Some people in this thread seem to be incapable of grasping the concept that this was not a general election either, the country did not vote for Boris Johnson.

Last edited:

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Remember, the misery of the next generations (and yours, but you probably don't care regardless) is on your hands.

IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales

9 years of conservative austerity. No deal EU exit will only make things worse as putting up trade barriers limits your countries ability to make money and will cause a drop in tax revenue for the government.

A hard border in Ireland also means we fail to meet our obligations under the Good Friday agreement.

Last edited:

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It just gets worse...

I guess the first thing all three of them should do is get on a plane with Nigel then.

I don't know that people voted for a hard border in NI. Did you?

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Holy fuck, a tory in here complaining about knife crime, are we up for reversing cuts all of a sudden?

Necromanti

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would creating more problems provide more time and resources for solving other ones? That seems like a contradiction.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
Dude wants to resign the entire country to another recession, and thinks a couple people getting stabbed is the first thing we should tackle.

The press has done an absolute number on this country. All sense of proportion and scale are out the window.

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck, a tory in here complaining about knife crime, are we up for reversing cuts all of a sudden?
Nothing bad that ever happens is the fault of the Tories.

Such is the level of disconnect, outright fucking delusion or sheer 'fuck you, got mine' cunterry it takes to vote Tory in the first place. Fucking morons, every last one of them.

IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales
I feel some people vote Tory just because they like the colour blue or so they can be a "winner" at the general election.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Johnson's picking his cabinet tomorrow, and the Times is reporting that Priti Patel is being lined up as Home Secretary.

Here she is advocating for the reintroduction of the death penalty.

So that's fun.

IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales
Fuck, time to try and a way off this island.

JFC, Priti Patel as home sec.

Gonna be a cabinet full of utter tossers.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
It's not that it's possibly the most complicated thing we've ever had to do as a country because of 40 years of integration... it's because Europe isn't making it easy.

Fuck me sideways people are clueless.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
I literally don't understand how Boris's haircut is that stupid.
It's deliberate. "Boris" is a character deployed by Alexander Pfeffel Johnson for charm purposes. In private he's ruthless and utterly self-determined. Then he ruffles his hair up, puts on a shrug, shuffles out to the poodium and goes "er, well, golly" and people lap it up. It's an act, and it works.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
This feels like we're subjects in a cruel alien experiment to see what would happen to Earth if it was led by the dumbest, most corrupt and self-destructive people they could find.

Apologies to my UK cousins. I was hoping this wouldn't happen to you too.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
It's deliberate. "Boris" is a character deployed by Alexander Pfeffel Johnson for charm purposes. In private he's ruthless and utterly self-determined. Then he ruffles his hair up, puts on a shrug, shuffles out to the poodium and goes "er, well, golly" and people lap it up. It's an act, and it works.
He messes it up on purpose, the Norman Wisdom method of disarming opposition.
Wow, that is fucking nuts. I guess that's one big difference between him and Trump. Trump is way too narcissistic to ever intentionally look like a fool. Thanks for the explanation!

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't Patel get fired for doing something dodgy by May and I vaguely remember her liking some shit book called Unchained or something that was like a rich fucking over everyone else wet dream.

I see Johnson has hired already some Sky stooge, hello Murdoch and used his fancy 9 million flat as a base for his campaign.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Didn't Patel get fired for doing something dodgy by May and I vaguely remember her liking some shit book called Unchained or something that was like a rich fucking over everyone else wet dream.

I see Johnson has hired already some Sky stooge, hello Murdoch and used his fancy 9 million flat as a base for his campaign.

Patel went rogue in Israel and the Golan heights and came back on the plane of shame.