Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Does PES still have licenses for the South American Leagues?

speaking strictly for brazil, no. only with a handful of clubs

but that's okay because FIFA didnt get the brazilian license anyway. no one can get it because our clubs & players are fucking morons!

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
We are in such a rut with football games with only two football games on the market, especially when one of them hogs pretty much all of the licenses yet is getting worse each year gameplay wise.

It wouldn't be so bad if PES could add fake German teams with the real players (like with the Premier League), but they can't even do that due to licensing. Yes we can add those with option files but they can't be used online (console version).

Oct 27, 2017
I know it takes time to learn but there's lots of people here who have never played FIFA with manual controls.

FIFA 18 manual is the best football game experience you can have.

FIFA 18 manual > PES 18 > FIFA 18

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many years do we give the PES series ?
Getting less relevant with every year even though the quality seems to be up there.

Man i miss the Seabass, PS2 x PES days....Pro Evo was all we played back then. PS360 era really screwed them lol.

Until PES is not profitable for them, which is even if it don't sell in the same realm of FIFA for years.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
For someone like me it doesn't really matter as I'll be downloading an option file as I usually do but yeah I doubt most casual players would want to go through searching online, finding a file and then copying onto a USB and back onto the PS4 and then go into edit mode, with XBOX I'm not even sure that's an option. FIFA will always be ahead when in comes to sales and licensing and the whole ultimate fantasy thing which is a game in and of itself, but in terms of core gameplay PES is miles ahead it's not even close, ever since 16 the gameplay has been back to being top tier with 18 the best it's ever been, and as someone who plays local multi and offline matches only PES is still the best football game going.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I know it takes time to learn but there's lots of people here who have never played FIFA with manual controls.

Tried manual before and it was tedious as fuck imo

Also fucked for online games in FUT

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I remember buying the 360 version of PES 6 thinking it would be amazing, that was until I found out it had half of the modes of the PS2 version, as well as no decent editing function.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
speaking strictly for brazil, no. only with a handful of clubs

but that's okay because FIFA didnt get the brazilian license anyway. no one can get it because our clubs & players are fucking morons!

Yah the whole player/agent slavery (Third Party Ownership) model is BS. I am glad Europe is against that model although for the short term it does kinda screw some younger players that signed up before the ban took place that want to play abroad.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
FIFA's gameplay is the same shit though

I wish EA would make big changes like they did in 08 and 2010

EA changes alot... in the demo.

Then everybody is bitching about it and the final game plays like last year.

This happened with fifa 17 i think. Demo and final gameplay was night and day difference.

So awesome if fifa 19 has CL and EL.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

This happened with fifa 17 i think. Demo and final gameplay was night and day difference.

It happens all the time, thats why I never play the demos

I'll be skipping all but FM this year

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
For someone like me it doesn't really matter as I'll be downloading an option file as I usually do but yeah I doubt most casual players would want to go through searching online, finding a file and then copying onto a USB and back onto the PS4 and then go into edit mode, with XBOX I'm not even sure that's an option. FIFA will always be ahead when in comes to sales and licensing and the whole ultimate fantasy thing which is a game in and of itself, but in terms of core gameplay PES is miles ahead it's not even close, ever since 16 the gameplay has been back to being top tier with 18 the best it's ever been, and as someone who plays local multi and offline matches only PES is still the best football game going.
Well put, gameplay is king and PES crushes FIFA there. It blows my mind just how far removed FIFA has become from trying to emulate real life football. The passing, the shooting, the dribbling, skill moves, the speed, defensive AI, offensive AI and everything on the pitch in this game is a take on some sort of Arcade Counter attack fest a la NBA Jam or something. Its disturbing how little the series has moved forward as its now catered to the FUT generation. Even manager mode is stripped down and boring because EA fears you may spend more time there and not on FUT.

Oct 27, 2017
PES 6 was the start of everything that went wrong with the series. That's why 2008 was so bad after the generation transition. They thought speeding up the gameplay was the answer.

Wrong.

PES6 on PS2 is the greatest football game ever made.

PES6 on Xbox 360 was fucking weird and everything after it on that generation was straight up bad.

When people say PES6 they (surely) mean the PS2 one.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who cares, the edit mode will cover

The most important thing is the gameplay, which is vastly superior

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017

That was true before the many patches. At least for the FUT gameplay which is a scripted mess now. But the WC mode gameplay is much better, quite similar with vanilla FIFA 18 actually, and it works also with semi, not only manual.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Who cares? Castelo, Ximeles, Ivarov, Stromer, Miranda etc. is all I need.

29283p44.jpg

" they talk to me about Pele , Platini, Maradona, but i will tell him about Castolo "

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018

Man, EA were so close to getting the perfect football game with FIFA 18 on release, pre the first patch. All it took was to fix the overpowered long shots and shoddy keepers but they ended up reverting the whole thing back to FIFA 17 :(

crash-14

Oct 27, 2017
Noooo how dare you. 2008 did suck really bad but PES6/WE10 is the GOAT.

Wrong.

PES6 on PS2 is the greatest football game ever made.

PES6 on Xbox 360 was fucking weird and everything after it on that generation was straight up bad.

When people say PES6 they (surely) mean the PS2 one.

I also meant the Ps2 one.

I use to compete in the pes league tournaments in my country so I'm not saying that lightly.
I can't prove it, but I said to my fellow competitors that 6 was the downfall of PES.

They decided to take a far more arcade route and faster and stronger players took the game meta, while you could do horros in PES 5 with someone like Koller in Dortmund.

That why it translated so bad to the next gen era.

To me, in the PES series nothing tops 5.
That and FIFA 12 are the best soccer games I've played IMO.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Who cares, the edit mode will cover

The most important thing is the gameplay, which is vastly superior

That's one hell of an over exaggeration there, none of them exactly play great, vastly superior at their current quality would mean FIFA is basically unplayable but that just isn't the case at all.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dislike Dortmund but PES will have a even more difficult time after losing this and the CL license. Meanwhile, EA plays the license game perfectly like with the bullshit exclusive Bundesliga rights in Germany, which means games like Football Manager can't release in Germany.

PES is just more fun right now but that doesn't help much unfortunately :(

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I wonder if this is Konami being cheap or EA trying to kill off PES with exclusive licensing? Either way, a huge blow. PES really need to figure out how to fix some of their licensing woes. I know they can easily open up editing but it's not as flashy to sell that concept on neutral folks. I love PES to death but god damn they're in a rut right now.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
They done a deal with Schalke.

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. is proud to announce a new partnership with FC Schalke 04 for PES 2019, the latest installment in the PES series which will launch on 30th August 2018.

Founded in 1904, Schalke 04 has been EuropeanChampions, seven times German Championshipwinners and five times German Cup winners. The club finished second in the German league this season and showcases KONAMI's commitment to bringing the best of the best from the real-life game to PES fans.

Alexander Jobst, board member at FC Schalke 04 who oversaw the Konami partnership said, "We are very excited to be partnering with the world-renowned games producer Konami. The partnership means that Schalke's position as pioneers in the field of eSports is not only recognized nationally but also internationally. Unlike others, Konami supports our transitioning of our main market football onto the virtual pitch. The partnership will also enable our fans and followers to play with the real team of FC Schalke 04 in the world-renowned game Pro Evolution Soccer."

This partnership means PES 2019 will include Schalke's official club uniform and the team's home stadium 'VELTINS-Arena'. It will also visualize Schalke's famous charcoal grey tunnel from where the players emerge onto the pitch. The stadium has been fully 3D scanned and will give gamers the experience of a real match day atmosphere.

These new implementations will provide the best experience of FC Schalke 04, fully authenticating the club and its many well-known iconic trademarks and demonstrating KONAMI's ongoing commitment to giving its fans the most realistic in-game experience.

"We are thrilled to welcome FC Schalke 04 to the KONAMI family," said Jonas Lygaard, Senior Director for Brand and Business Development at Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. "Schalke is an ambitious club both on and off the pitch, and it is the perfect club to add to our roster of partnerships. We're delighted to partner with such fellow eSports aficionados and look forward to them competing in our eSports tournaments and working alongside us as we help expand the industry, taking football gaming to new fans."

R_thanatos

Oct 27, 2017
Wait ... so they lost BvB to get exclusive rights for Schalke ?

Couldn't they have tried to get both ?
Was there some sort of clause ( exclusivity ) for 1 team only ?

So weird

Pennywise

Oct 25, 2017
Wait ... so they lost BvB to get exclusive rights for Schalke ?

Couldn't they have tried to get both ?
Was there some sort of clause ( exclusivity ) for 1 team only ?

So weird
Dortmund terminated the contract.
They'll have an better offer from EA and who can blame them, with the road that PES and especially Konami is going.