BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The latest noise cancelling headphones from Bose were teased last night and I just spotted the page before they've even announced it on their social media. Not a direct follow up to the QC35's?

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700

cq5dam.web.1920.1920.jpeg

$399.95 - Pre-order for June 20 release.

Augmented headphones. Now a reality.
Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 deliver everything you expect — and things you never imagined possible. Think of them as smart headphones that let you keep your head up to the world with easy access to voice assistants. Or confidently take a call with the most powerful microphone system for voice pickup. And then there's Bose AR, a first-of-its-kind audio augmented reality platform that makes astonishing new audio experiences possible.

Hear the world around you. On your terms.
With Bose Headphones 700, we've even improved on what we're most known for. You can now personalize your environment with 11 levels of noise cancellation. As you increase the noise cancellation, you incrementally minimize the distractions you hear in loud places. Or, decrease it to the point where you hear the world as if you weren't wearing active noise cancelling headphones at all.

What is the difference between Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II?
QuietComfort 35 headphones II offer a classic solution for anyone who wants acclaimed noise cancelling technology and volume-optimised audio performance. Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 also deliver on this promise, but feature a brand-new acoustic design to achieve slightly better noise cancelling than QC35 II while also allowing you to transition from full isolation to full transparency. Another key improvement is the adaptive four-microphone system that automatically adapts to your environment to isolate your voice from competing noises so that you can confidently take a call or talk to your voice assistant. And a new touch interface provides intuitive gesture-based controls for managing your content.

USB-C, Bose-AR (new tech), gesture controls, Google Assistant AND Alexa built in. 20 hour battery life. 11 levels of noise cancellation.

Last edited:

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Hmm. Really curious how these compare to the Sony wh1000xm3, I'd imagine they'd be hyping these up with press previews if they were better than those though.

Last edited:

Freestyler

Oct 27, 2017
Bose AR sounds kinda cool, I imagine it's like the Alcatraz audio tour but enhanced with location & accelerometer data.

Would be amazing if they teamed up with museums etc..

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Uh.. Bose AR? I replaced my QC35s with the Sony WH1000XM3s in the winter and I've been incredibly happy with the change, but I gotta admit, I'm curious about whatever "audio augmented reality" might mean.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Hmm. Really curious how these compare to the Sony wh1000xm3

The features look like a direct response to Sony's headphones: gesture control, ambient/NC switch, etc.

However if the sound platform, build quality, and audio codec are still inferior, it'll still be a worse product. Also the battery life is still half the WH100XM2/3.

The AR sounds gimmicky, IMOTBQH. I don't like wearing full sized headphones walking around in the first place. But getting sponsored content telling me to drop in to Nandos Peri Peri Chicken for a $10 rice bowl isn't interesting to me.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
The latest noise cancelling headphones from Bose were teased last night and I just spotted the page before they've even announced it on their social media. Not a direct follow up to the QC35's?

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700

cq5dam.web.1920.1920.jpeg

$399.95 - Pre-order for June 20 release.

USB-C, Bose-AR (new tech), gesture controls, Google Assistant AND Alexa built in. 20 hour battery life. 11 levels of noise cancellation.

That's cool!

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
The features look like a direct response to Sony's headphones: gesture control, ambient/NC switch, etc.

However if the sound platform, build quality, and audio codec are still inferior, it'll still be a worse product. Also the battery life is still half the WH100xm2/3.

Yeah, these might have better NC but if the actual sound quality is better I'd imagine they would be showing them off to press already instead of stealth dropping it in a little less than 3 weeks.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is the difference between Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II?
QuietComfort 35 headphones II offer a classic solution for anyone who wants acclaimed noise cancelling technology and volume-optimised audio performance. Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 also deliver on this promise, but feature a brand-new acoustic design to achieve slightly better noise cancelling than QC35 II while also allowing you to transition from full isolation to full transparency. Another key improvement is the adaptive four-microphone system that automatically adapts to your environment to isolate your voice from competing noises so that you can confidently take a call or talk to your voice assistant. And a new touch interface provides intuitive gesture-based controls for managing your content.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

Sounds like its tailored more directly for travel and taking calls rather than an all-around performer, the wording here suggests the QC35II has better audio quality.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
Bose headphones are so expensive, but I gotta admit that they are way more comfortable than I expected, it's incredible. I have headphones from Sony and, while I like them, they are nowhere as comfortable as the ones I briefly tried from Bose. Now I kinda want one of those, but it's too expensive for me.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. Really curious how these compare to the Sony wh1000xm3, I'd imagine they'd be hyping these up with press previews if they were better than those though.
I hate that they don't support multi device Bluetooth paring.

I may sell them because of that alone.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like its tailored more directly for travel and taking calls rather than an all-around performer, the wording here suggests the QC35II has better audio quality.
Yeah that's weirdly worded.

The QC25's sound better than the 35's
I guess the 700's are just for perusing night markets and drum cafes.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the Bose QC35 IIs and the Sony WH-1000XM3s last year and alternated both for a month intending to keep the better pair. The Sony tech is immeasurably better than the Bose tech, it's no contest. If these are just a little better than the 35s there's no point.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the Bose QC35 IIs and the Sony WH-1000XM3s last year and alternated both for a month intending to keep the better pair. The Sony tech is immeasurably better than the Bose tech, it's no contest. If these are just a little better than the 35s there's no point.

I have both too, and the only thing Bose does better is they're ever so slightly more comfortable.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
I hate that they don't support multi device Bluetooth paring.

I may sell them because of that alone.
It does

Can Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 be simultaneously connected to two mobile devices?
Yes. Multi-point technology allows Bose Headphones 700 to maintain a connection to two devices at the same time — for example, an iPad and a smartphone. So while you're watching video on the connected iPad, the headphones will automatically pause the video to answer a call from the connected smartphone. When the call is finished, the headphones switch back to the video on the iPad.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Can Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 be simultaneously connected to two mobile devices?
Yes. Multi-point technology allows Bose Headphones 700 to maintain a connection to two devices at the same time — for example, an iPad and a smartphone. So while you're watching video on the connected iPad, the headphones will automatically pause the video to answer a call from the connected smartphone. When the call is finished, the headphones switch back to the video on the iPad.

I meant the Sony's :)

Oct 27, 2017
Hope these things still emphasize comfort. I still bust out my QC35s after getting the XM3s for that reason alone. They are noticeably lighter too.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Love my XM3s, but I'd be interested to demo the 11 stages of isolation or whatnot. XM3s have everything I want right now except for multi pairing support.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the AR stuff works with the QC35s.

I went back and forth between the QCs and the Sonys. Both are awesome but ultimately the multi pairing and specifically the comfort were why I went with the Bose.

These sound more like a separate thing than a QC follow up.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
If this has better noise-canceling than QC35s when it comes to certain sounds, I would be amazed. I wonder if it can stop straight up loud talkers. I'll wait for reviews.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy with my QC25s. It's sad that it'll probably be one of the last AAA battery-powered non-wireless ANC headphones ever made.

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't tested a Bluetooth pair in a while. Have they improved enough to be comparable to their wired counterparts or is it just physically impossible?