• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
Wait till these guys show up with weapons and the black glass "face" is asking you to surrender or die

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
prototypes9.jpg

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
They know what they're doing with that intro, lmao.

There are some great PR and marketing folks at Boston Dynamics, that's for sure.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Everything about that sequence reminds me of waking up and pulling my drunk ass off my friends floor at 5am because I'd pissed myself while him and his roomate made out on the couch in front of me.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
This would be cool if we lived in the timeline where these robots were going to serve us, instead of the one where they kill and/or replace us.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Let me ask you: does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Kill it now. Don't greenlight SHIT, Boston Dynamics.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I want to believe it's sped up a bit because those rotational movements looked way too smooth and if that's real speed, I'm suitably creeped out.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
I want to believe it's sped up a bit because those rotational movements looked way too smooth and if that's real speed, I'm suitably creeped out.

Probably real. Unlike the previous Atlas, I believe this is meant to be the type of model they want to sell to consumers, similar to Spot. So whatever abilities this thing has, ought to be genuine.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
The new rotating joints seem to let Atlas turn around with "simple" rotations instead of shuffling its legs around like a human. Really cool.

Jan 20, 2022
What's the use case of these things? Boston Dynamics' website proudly states they'll never weaponize their robots. So what is their aim for developing them? even if they did want to, the military has this weird dilemma where they receive an absolute ass-load of money each year, yet are famously stringent. And these things must be incredibly expensive

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Can two of them get a couch up some flights of stairs, a door entryway, and into an apartment living room though?