Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You're seriously going to call me racist over not liking a guy? Fuck outta here. You don't know shit about me and I'm not about to take that label.

Look, if a black actor can't talk about laying the pipe to a character in the film he was in, anybody who think that might be a little sexist and dumb is just as bad as the Klan.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
ENJDkn-WkAEz1_4.jpg

ENJDkn-X0AIC4Ld.jpg

god damn dude i love the internet

At first I thought this was, like, a parody or something.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Since when is "laying pipe" sexist?

it's just a slang term for having sex

what am I missing here

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Have you hopped on Twitter and read his timeline for all of 10 minutes?

Like the whole premise of your criticism and you're constant shouting of "context" seemingly misses the entire context of his twitter page. It's pretty fucking apparent from a quick scroll dude is dunking on Star Wars shippers because the fandom is fucking trash and he's done with it. Why you're ascribing anything deeper to it I will never understand.

I can't look through his replies since I don't have a twitter handle. I can only look through his tweets that aren't replies.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I promise if Adam Driver was talking about laying the pipe there would be nothing but giggles

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Nah it's thinly veiled racism bro. Mark Hamil also criticized TLJ right when it came out and didn't get nearly as much blowback. and Yes i don't give a fuck if an actor criticizes a movie they were a part of. It's actually pretty common. You don't work for Disney so Idk why you're taking it so personally.

Also Bringing up the KMT stuff is ridiculous. His initial statements were poorly worded but intentional misconstrued. Also again he apologized and clarified them, there's zero reason to still shit on his character after that other than just using that as ammo because you don't like him. And so far you haven't given any good reason why you don't so i'm gonna assume it's because he's an outspoken black man.

Eddie Murphy had the same effect on people. It's internalized so of course many won't even stop to think about it. Confident black men look arrogant to a lot of people. If you aren't meek and humble for being allowed into the spotlight, they don't want anything to do with you.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I promise if Adam Driver was talking about laying the pipe there would be nothing but giggles

If Driver was saying this, I'd call him a dumbass too, but with even less sympathy, because he's a more mature person and should be able to deal with this a lot better than a guy who was thrust into stardom only a few years ago.

Invoking "sexism" is a clever way to side-step the awkward racial optics of microscopically targeting a black man.

Invoking "racism" is a clever way to side-step the awkwad sexist optics of what an actor is saying.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I kinda like Boyega now. He's getting some laughs from me today.

Also, "laying pipe" isn't even that bad. It's sex slang. Who gives a fuck? Bunch of puritan ass babies. Babbies furst yuphamism.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"a reylo"

🤣, Twitter is honestly too much.

"gross comment"

I swear some people on Era are turning into their parents, moral panic about the joker and now tears over "laying pipe".

Oct 26, 2017
Finn and Poe hang out way more than Finn and Rey did or Poe and the new action figure design

or maybe not, but that's what it felt like to me. Outside of 7 Finn doesn't get to hang out with Rey like at all but he and Poe always do something together each movie
Bonds between males are too often portrayed in simplistic and crude ways. Relationships between men can be complex and deep without it being boiled down to them wanting to stick their dicks in each other.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it genuinely is because of the stuff on this press tour. I'm a bit sensitive towards people being dismissive of others and his comments about being "weak" really set me off and everything he's said since (this joke, his Last Jedi thrashing) has seemed a bit crude and immature on his part. It's soured me on him.

I hate this bizarre thing where you're trying to pin some secret narrative on me just because I'm finding him to be gauche and obnoxious.
Could you link me to the "stuff" on the press tour?

And since you mysteriously stopped posting to that thread after he clarified:

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
I've been down with Boyega since Attack the Block.

Lunar Wolf , why did you make this thread if you say yourself it wasn't really a horrendous comment?

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
I wish more actors/celebrities would call fans out on their bullshit, it might actually put a stop to the insane sense of ownership fandoms feel over characters and properties that is growing to a disturbing level.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder actors will tell their agents don't call them about anything star wars.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I can't look through his replies since I don't have a twitter handle. I can only look through his tweets that aren't replies.

Aight, I'm not even gonna engage in this anymore then.

Why is that okay, though

What does "okay" have to do with it? I could talk about the fandom treating him like shit or the tons of racism or his displeasure about his role and casting or whatever but really, why would that matter either?

He's tired of the fandom and he's just doesn't give a fuck anymore. How we personally feel about that is overall irrelevant. He is dunking on people for being obnoxious. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.