Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't buy a ticket but sounds like they all sold out within an hour of being on sale

It was crazy. The VIP's sold out in less than 10 minutes. And then the only reason general admission took an hour was because the website couldn't handle the traffic. Even if you had all the purchase info saved, it logged you out and would constantly ask you to log in.

The subreddit is pretty upset lol. Lots of vacations just got thrown into chaos.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Guess my decision to not go this year was the right one.

Perhaps the White sand 2025 event will be less populated.

Adeptus

Mar 18, 2024
I read "Warbreaker" and it was good. I tried read some other his books, but they are true doorstoppers and I am reading mostly during train travels...

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes of course! It is just that taking such big books in the travel is inconvenient.

Absolutely. I love Brandon's books, but if you are trying to read on the go, it's not easy. I'd stick to the paperbacks, but even then, they're still pretty big!

When I get the hardcovers, I read them almost exclusively at home.

Kenaras

Nov 9, 2018
I've used my ereader exclusively for over a decade now. It's just so much more convenient. I've purchased a few hardcovers for my bookshelf, but I don't read them. The Stormlight hardcovers do have some beautiful illustrations.

Hud Hastings

Jul 1, 2018
Should be noted that he's giving up the tickets he had reserved for his own friends and family and distributing them to people who'd booked non-refundable flights, to make up for the website fuck-up (not really their fault) that meant some of those people couldn't get tickets. Absolute class act.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Finished Yumi and the Nightmare Painter.

It was absolutely wonderful, I am fresh off it so probably have some recency bias however I think it is probably the best book Sanderson has written along with The Emperor's Soul. Super impressed with it.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wind and Truth is complete

View: https://x.com/BrandSanderson/status/1797791128688984452?t=yqegW20Gr56lbnGWaZkQhA&s=19

Finished the last interlude today at 5:21. That is a wrap: Wind and Truth, Book five of the Stormlight Archive, is finished. Tomorrow morning, I'll hand it off to the proofreading and copyediting team. 491k words. The first file I have in my folder for this was dated March 2021, though active writing started about a year after that. So two years and a few months spent working on this full time, with another year of working on the outline. Feeling great about this final version! See you all December 6th. The book, finally, is DONE.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait! Going to finally read Dawnshard and Rhythm of War by the end of summer so then I'll have a few months off before I can dive into the latest Cosmere release day 1 having read everything available.

Dec 11, 2017
I've finished a few books and I'm ready to dive into Cosmere for the first time. Never read any Sanderson so I'll be starting off with Mistborn. Am I safe to do Mistborn 1-3 and then go to Stormlight?

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've finished a few books and I'm ready to dive into Cosmere for the first time. Never read any Sanderson so I'll be starting off with Mistborn. Am I safe to do Mistborn 1-3 and then go to Stormlight?
Yeah that's mostly fine I think. Might be good to read the next set of mistborn books between Stormlight 4 and 5, and maybe Warbreaker between like 2 and 3 I think, but not really necessary.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very excited for Wind and Truth, but there's no way that it justifies that kind of word count. That's 30k longer than Rhythm of War, which already felt indulgently padded!

I will happily eat my words and be proven wrong, but this worries me a little bit.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very excited for Wind and Truth, but there's no way that it justifies that kind of word count. That's 30k longer than Rhythm of War, which already felt indulgently padded!

I will happily eat my words and be proven wrong, but this worries me a little bit.
It's supposed to be the conclusion of the first half of the Stormlight series so I feel like it makes sense to be quite long.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
I fell into Sanderson books by accident recently. I found Skyward at the school book fair last fall, added it to my teacher wishlist because of my love of sky-related topics, along with three other books.

The Skyward series was amazing and I need more Cytoverse. I'm tempted to try some Ace Combat games just because of that. Extremely my thing.

Next, I raided the school library for The Reckoners series. It was decent, I thought. Good enough superhero deconstruction. I was initially pretty confused by what the heck the big bad was supposed to be in the third book. The tension reminded me of The Boys, with all these non-powered people going up against supers.

Then I began my descent into Stormlight. Which my middle school library has a complete collection of for some reason. Great stuff. I thought book 3 was the most boring. I see that people think the same about book 4, but I found it pretty entertaining outside of Venli's flashbacks. I kept wanting and waiting for a particular moment with Adolin and boy did it pay off when that moment arrived.

I also tried The Rithmatist, and I actually liked it. I wish Sanderson would follow that up.

Now I'm starting the Mistborn series, and I'm finding the beginning of the first book to be kinda dull after the prologue. It seems to be getting more exciting halfway through.

Can't wait for Stormlight 5! I still haven't gotten around to reading the other three books that were on my wishlist, lol.

The lack of Oxford Comma in Stormlight absolutely kills me, though.