LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I liked where DACA was going. Removing it led to strong legislative support from Dems and some Republicans too. Would've preferred an actual law, something with a pathway to citizenship.

I hope putting DACA back doesn't led to support dying or attempts being pushed back in congress.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Pretty much pure fantasy. Unless a judge does something completely outrageous, they will not be impeached.

Oh, but they don't exactly have to wait for them to do anything outrageous if Democrats take full control of congress, & if we have a Democratic president in 2020. They can easily remove them at will.

Everything that Trump has done, isn't exactly forever & can be repealed, such as that GOP tax bill that he's signed into law.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Honestly I liked where DACA was going. Removing it led to strong legislative support from Dems and some Republicans too. Would've preferred an actual law, something with a pathway to citizenship.

I hope putting DACA back doesn't led to support dying or attempts being pushed back in congress.
How about getting support for a legislative law first instead of forcibly yanking it away from the people who need it, and crossing their fingers afterward

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, but they don't exactly have to wait for them to do anything outrageous if Democrats take full control of congress, & if we have a Democratic president in 2020. They can easily remove them at will.

Everything that Trump has done, isn't exactly forever & can be repealed, such as that GOP tax bill that he's signed into law.

Which is why trump being president doesn't bother me that much besides just generally bringing down the country at a representative level. Every law and topic he touches brings awareness to that topic. Topics kids now getting into and will change in the future for the better.
He really is the wild fire to America's government.
He will probably have accelerated our political growth as a people 50 years when he leaves office.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How about getting support for a legislative law first instead of forcibly yanking it away from the people who need it, and crossing their fingers afterward

They couldn't do it when Obama was president, what makes you think it's possible under Trump. Removing DACA and putting a deadline up is the closest we got to getting a legislative solution. Going back to having DACA means dems and republicans will just keep pushing the issue away like they've done since Dream ACT

Usagi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why this is even a big problem. There should be a program that people in Mexico and Canada can sign up for to work in the US here as long as they pay proper taxes.

How hard is that?

Mexicans aren't the only ones under DACA. Trump only bothers because he assumes it's for Mexicans and we all know how he feels about Mexicans.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They couldn't do it when Obama was president, what makes you think it's possible under Trump. Removing DACA and putting a deadline up is the closest we got to getting a legislative solution. Going back to having DACA means dems and republicans will just keep pushing the issue away like they've done since Dream ACT

This would be a good point if Democrats do not believe they can retake the House and Senate... Leaving it the way it is now, as an executive order works as a temporary means until legislation can be done when the Dems to retake it, there is no good argument for letting Trump remove it and use it as a bargaining tool.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Hey what's up! Thanks for the kind words.Yea my dads super happy about the news, although I'm still holding off celebrating until they actually do something more concrete. I'm still happy though. It's a really nice feeling when so many people care. Thanks again!
I didn't realize you already posted in the thread when I summoned you. Whoops!

Yeah, all this does is buy us some time, but I'm still glad. Things are finally looking up a little on this.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You were real off about Alabama foo, get #woke

I was, that much I'll take credit for, but that's a big false equivalency and I think you know that

That just isn't going to happen. I'm sorry that I have to break that to you, but it just...isn't. And even if we were to indulge that fantasy, there's no chance any SC picks will be impeached. He could get 1 to 2 more.

Last edited: