Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
jzwXC2C.gif

Oct 27, 2017
This will be a big boost to Trump if he & his children come away from the report relatively cleanly. I'd expect his approval rating to tick up by a few points because it'll play into his narrative of victimisation, in spite of the many questionable people he knowingly hired.

I can't help but feel Jr or Kushner to have been indicted if indeed there was anything sensational in the report, so I'd expect Trump to get that boost and make sure no-one forgets about it.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
hopefully they do that shit there they just paint a black bar over the pdf and you can still totally read the redacted text if you copy/paste lmao

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I firmly believe that if this report does not indict or imply criminal activity by Trump, the GOP will unite behind him, he will campaign on it alone, and he will succeed.

I stand by what I said, and I will add--even though it is considered SOP for this to happen in most special counsel investigations, it happening on a 5PM on Friday is not good news.
I agree with you. I think this amounts to mostly good news for Trump, and could potentially lead to him coasting to victory in 2020.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This will be a big boost to Trump if he & his children come away from the report relatively cleanly. I'd expect his approval rating to tick up by a few points because it'll play into his narrative of victimisation, in spite of the many questionable people he knowingly hired.

Pretty much. He's gonna pull the witch hunt card and if NOBODY close to him is taken down we're going to see him rise a bunch in the polls.

God, I hate this country. Why do we suck so damn much?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
This is only for the 2016 election, they're still going to be investigating Trump's other crimes and obstruction of justice

Oct 28, 2017
I think most people knew privately there'd be no evidence of collusion, or at least anything to indict the Trumps. The Manchurian Candidate theory was dead in 2017. We've come a long way from the Kremlin having a pee pee tape.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Well, this is it, I guess. My expectations remain low. I really expected more indictments before the actual report got finished.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I'm ready to F5 this thread the whole week.

The juicy questions I'm waiting an answer for: How many counts of Illegal acts are in this report?
Is the GOP going to die on that hill? Or is there something so damning in there that they have no choice but jump off the Trump-wagon?

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
already expecting nothing so i can survive the wave of people i know who have become mild on trump going back to being fanatical when hes "cleared" of wrong doing.

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for being a pessimist, but I'm prepared for the worst i.e. some bad shit, but not enough to be indicted or removed from office. People are pinning their hopes too much on the Russia stuff.

With that said, here's hoping for something good! And there's still a bunch of other things he's being investigated for.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
The thing that worries me is Trump has that mafia at arms length approach so it never goes back to him which makes it hard to prove. Hope I'm wrong.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing is going to happen to Trump. If Bush and his cronies didn't serve time for being a murderous war criminal then this is nothing.

Laws and ethics don't apply to the GOP.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It's going to be nothing. Trump will easily get away. Maybe even post office. Hopefully house dems are ready to subpoena the full report at least

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
If the investigation clears Trump then at least you can take some level of solace knowing he's merely an idiot rather than a blatent traitor 🤷‍♂️.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll just be mind blowing if all these investigations, all these witnesses, and the report will just end up being a big ol shrug.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Released on a Friday while Trump left town..is that good or bad?

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I expect the Trump lawyers to bury this thing as deep as they can. We won't know the full report for at least 20 years.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I firmly believe that if this report does not indict or imply criminal activity by Trump, the GOP will unite behind him, he will campaign on it alone, and he will succeed.

I stand by what I said, and I will add--even though it is considered SOP for this to happen in most special counsel investigations, it happening on a 5PM on Friday is not good news.
Are you attempting to claim that the GOP is not currently united behind him?

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I'm expecting lots of bad actions and Barr to release none of it for people not indicted.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Mueller's confidential report has been delivered to Attorney General William Barr, the Justice Department announced

William Pelham Barr (born May 23, 1950) is an American attorney who is the 85th and current United States Attorney General since 2019, having previously served in the position from 1991 to 1993. Before becoming attorney general the first time, Barr held numerous other posts within the Department of Justice, including serving as Deputy Attorney General from 1990 to 1991. He is a member of the Republican Party.

Well. Guess we know where the report is going, then.

AGww.gif

Just kidding. Republicans hate recycling. They'll just shred it.

Agnostic

Mar 4, 2019
Man, I think too many people are expecting some Oliver Stone plot.

The good news is that it's finished and people can focus on the presidential election because that is going to be the only way to remove Trump from office.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I feel like nothing's going to come from this.

Mueller could come forward with absolute proof that Trump's guilty as fuck, and the spineless piece of shit Republicans will just jam their fingers in their ears, call fake news, and nothing will happen as usual.

I really, really, want to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.