• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Perriello is screaming

Also another reminder that only reason many white southern Democrats exist is extremely racist holdovers

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
zqorusu.png
Perfect use of this meme.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
I'm really curious as to whether it's a very, very poor attempt at dressing up like Michael Jackson with stuff he had in his closet or the intention was to be a 1920's minstrel character. Not that either one is any better.
Definitely 1920s minstrel character.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver

Now's a good time to make up for dems not giving him any support then.

Virginia's only black statewide official is lone protester during Robert E. Lee tribute http://hill.cm/QjNnLIX

Last edited:

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
On the upside, Fairfax is legit.
Planned Parenthood funder, protested fucked up Robert E Lee shit. Gets part of the term and can run again. Only question is how much does this baggage weigh him down for the reelection. Northam's gotta go though.

Also my money is on Northam being the blackface guy.

Hippo_PRIME

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The left keeps losing people to these revelations because of their sense of shame.

And then there's Steve King...

The response to this is going to be wildly telling about the difference between Democrats and Republicans. Definitely using this example the next time I hear, "but both sides!"

Oct 25, 2017
On the upside, Fairfax is legit.
Planned Parenthood funder, protested fucked up Robert E Lee shit. Gets part of the term and can run again. Only question is how much does this baggage weigh him down for the reelection. Northam's gotta go though.

Also my money is on Northam being the blackface guy.
They really can't use this baggage against an openly anti Confederate black candidate. They'll just look stupid.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah man, so glad this guy is in office.

Should have been found out during primary season and had him stopped BY THE DEMOCRATS.
Justin Fairfax getting to run for re-election as an incumbent is an insane political advantage that he would not have had if this played out differently. This also could have dropped in October during this year's upcoming VA state house/senate elections.

This should have been caught eons ago but GOP opposition research groups are apparently just incompetent.
Perriello is screaming

Also another reminder that only reason many white southern Democrats exist is extremely racist holdovers
He was a white southern Republican until his wife flipped him during the Dubya years.

But getting better can't fix that picture.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Quick thing about slipping through, idk if anyone of you have worked on a political campaign before but beyond not being a criminal canidates are usually taken for their word and there is way too much to do in the present with always limited manpower and resources to focus on. No one is taking the time to look into this from within. The party/campaign office.

It DID slip by journalists and internet investigators.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1984 isn't that long ago...

It really fucking is. In 1984 I wasn't even born yet.

Yes this is terrible but since it was so long ago, and he doesn't have recent history, the guy deserves one chance to come clean. Only one. If he doesn't address this properly with anything less than a proper apology and some actions then I'm with you all. I believe that people can change, especially when you dug up one very bad thing someone did 35 years ago.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
What's wrong with that? Was that not the appropriate response to Franken?

Republicans are shit but that's doesn't make my standards and expectations drop any lower

"circle the wagons" means "defend the guy." some of franken's colleagues initially defended him til the accusations stacked up.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes this is terrible but it was so long ago the guy deserves one chance to come clean. If he doesn't address this properly with anything less than a proper apology and some actions then I'm with you all. I believe that people can change, especially when you dug up one very bad thing someone did 35 years ago.
1984 was not long ago at all. This was not 1940 we are talking about here. By 1984 blackface was *NOT* acceptable at all.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes this is terrible but it was so long ago the guy deserves one chance to come clean. If he doesn't address this properly with anything less than a proper apology and some actions then I'm with you all. I believe that people can change, especially when you dug up one very bad thing someone did 35 years ago.
1964 you could survive. Not 1984.