• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
So I have the following specs that I built roughly 3 years ago (obviously the video card was bought in the last year)

Intel 4970k (not over clocked)
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1080ti
SSD
Clean install of Win 10 that i just did this week.
Gsync monitor

When playing on Cemu I get what best can be described as not smooth (getting random 10 fps drops just running around) regardless where i am. My shader cache is built up, I followed BSODs video on setting everything up. When I watch his videos everything is smooth. I have capped my fps to 30 as well.

Any ideas?

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
I would say it's your CPU. BotW on PC is very CPU intensive so you might want to try overclocking if you have a good enough mobo and custom cooling.
I oc'ed my i5-4690k up to 4,4 Ghz and noticed an immediate improvement in perfomance.

That saying, random hitching did not go away. It happens every now and then, especially when you have a lot of enemies, fog or grass in an area.

Small edit: Also, what resolution are you playing at? 4K? Did you try dropping to 1080p to see how it works for you? You could try using the regular shadows graphic pack instead of High res one. But really, the most important thing to remember is that CEMU is a work in progress and we've seen an improvement in FPS in every subsequent version. Fall Creators Update helped a lot too. It's just a matter of time, before they smooth out all the issues.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5956

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BSOD is using a heavily overclocked i7-7700k with 3000mhz ddr4 ram, that's a large performance increase over your build as far as cemu is concerned.