• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So both the leaders have now had a leadership challenge issued in their respective terms. What a shambles of party politics.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"We haven't heard a reaction from Brussels yet"
That's funny, I'm pretty sure I can hear the slightly-uncomfortable laughing from here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This is something to wake up to. It's hard to call right now. I could see it going either way.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck you Owen Patterson. Happy to harp on about a technological solution to Northern Ireland border. Won't give details of this magical unicorn

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
So her statement was as we all suspected, a sales pitch..

Vote against me is cancelling Brexit and a vote for Corbyn, and she is now going to spend all day speaking to colleagues

Paddy Power have her at 1.50 to win....

My hope in her going is waining, all the big guns are supporting her, Rudd,Hunt, Javid

And why does it not matter that she caused delay by cancelling vote on WA, double standards

Last edited:

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
So basically she will win this, and regain strength from it. Feels like Corbyn should have called for No Confidence before this happened (and go all in), now people in the Conservative party are forced to re-evaluate, and when they realise Theresa May is the lesser evil that might dampen the hatred for the deal she's proposing. Anyway that's my first pessimist thought of the day.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So basically she will win this, and regain strength from it. Feels like Corbyn should have called for No Confidence before this happened (and go all in), now people in the Conservative party are forced to re-evaluate, and when they realise Theresa May is the lesser evil that might dampen the hatred for the deal she's proposing. Anyway that's my first pessimist thought of the day.
If they back her though then they're stuck with her

Corbyn's no confidence vote wouldn't have given them this choice, they would've all rallied around her giving her a public mandate to push ahead.

Now even she wins we know a good chunk of the Tory party don't want her, not just the deal.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

I don't see how she gains from this at all, it's only going to annoy the public and change nothing in the tory party, at best it will be neutral. i suppose it could be a relative to the party crumbling type of gaining strength.

excowboy

Oct 29, 2017
From May's speech:
And a leadership election would not change the fundamentals of the negotiation, or the parliamentary arithmetic. Weeks spent tearing ourselves apart will only create more division just as we should be standing together to serve our country. None of that would be in the national interest.
No shit! What about the literal months, if not years, if not decades your party has been divided on this issue? You utter fuckwit.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
From May's speech:

"And a leadership election would not change the fundamentals of the negotiation, or the parliamentary arithmetic. Weeks spent tearing ourselves apart will only create more division just as we should be standing together to serve our country. None of that would be in the national interest. "

No shit! What about the literal months, if not years, if not decades your party has been divided on this issue? You utter fuckwit.

Since when has May served her country and acted in the national interest? I'm struggling to remember.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5Live right now

David in North Yorkshire says: "I'm over the edge. This is just getting beyond a joke. The ramifications of this for me personally are that I now can't vote Conservative in the future because I can never forgive them for doing this.

"And I don't want to vote Labour either.

"So I'm now done with politics and politicians. I'm bereft, I'm a political orphan, I can't vote for anyone.

"The damage that these guys and girls are doing to this country is horrendous."

Lesley in Hampshire tells BBC Radio 5 live's Your Call:

"At the moment we can't afford to lose the leader of the country, whether you agree with her politics and her principles anyway, we can't afford as a country for her to go now.

"We're going to end up in a situation where somebody is going to be put in as a caretaker prime minister, and we're ending up in a country that becomes the laughing stock of Europe.

"It couldn't get much worse."

Peter in Eastbourne tells 5 live's Your Call: "They're a bunch of nerds aren't they?

"They've got a good leader. They're not going to get a better deal. If they crawled on their hands and knees to the EU they're not going to get a better deal than the one that's there already.

"I'm a political orphan"

"It couldn't get much worse."

"bunch of nerds"

👌

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
From May's speech:

Didn't she specifically mention delaying or withdrawing article 50 if January 21st deadline is passed. I know she was talking about practicalities of a leadership election but surely it would apply to other situations as well?

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Apparently the whips are phoning MP's to find out who they are voting for, there will be peerages and bribes aflush today

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
"I'll leave the country if" is always good for a laff.

Unless the fucko in question is filthy rich and can go have his cook-offs and coke fueled orgies in a smaller, tranquil tax haven.

Then again, fat loss.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
If you follow the money it is a done deal, her winning is now at 1.3....so £10 bets nets you £3 in winnings

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
I love how everyone is still going on like the negotiations are ongoing.

THEY'RE DONE YOU MASSIVE FUCKWITS, THIS IS ALL WE'RE GETTING.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
A new leader isn't going to deliver a better brexit

The choice is remain or hard Brexit which means a hard border for NI and almost probable break up of the UK, lose Gibraltar and economic damage.

A half way house is no good for anyone and leaves us far too open in the next stage. EU have no reason to offer a cherry picked Brexit or a favourable one.

With investment and spending stalling, no-one with an idea on how to deliver Brexit, no majority support for a party, we should put this on the shelf and remain.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
It must be fate, I just ran into a bloke I know to be a brexiteer who I occasionally meet walking the dog.

Unsurprisingly he thinks the government are all acting like clowns, but then he told me he thinks Rees-Mogg is an arsehole. Which I would never in a million years have expected from someone like him

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
'Growing confidence in Team May'

Norman Smith
Assistant political editor

There is growing confidence in Team May that they can win this.
Every key member of the Cabinet has declared support for the prime minister and the BBC has calculated that around 172 MPs have issued public statements of support.

It is a secret ballot so they may say one thing publicly and vote another way in private, but Mrs May had one of her better PMQs and she gets to address Tory MPs minutes before they vote.

Her opponents remain divided over who should run against her.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-46533245 (timestamp 13:18)

Status
Not open for further replies.