• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

BREXIT |OT2.0| No thread is better than a bad thread

Nov 29, 2017
It's going fantastic for them.

Heh, some good stuff there. We are in the midst of Tory meltdown. Dems and TIG will try the damnedest best to get people to show up at the polls and others will get the reamainer word out

Not too concerned with the ukippers leaving the Tories and going back to garbage and ukip. Splits the right-wing vote three ways. This was inevitable from the day May lurched her party to the right.

Big question is labour, what with the ever increasing majority for remain. It's serves them well to delay the official backing for a second ref until the last minute before the EU elections. But play it wrong and there is a chance this will benefit the brexit party.

First things first, labour is playing for time knowing damn well the talks for a brexit deal will break down.

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, some good stuff there. We are in the midst of Tory meltdown. Dems and TIG will try the damnedest best to get people to show up at the polls and others will get the reamainer word out

Not too concerned with the ukippers leaving the Tories and going back to garbage and ukip. Splits the right-wing vote three ways. This was inevitable from the day May lurched her party to the right.

Big question is labour, what with the ever increasing majority for remain. It's serves them well to delay the official backing for a second ref until the last minute before the EU elections. But play it wrong and there is a chance this will benefit the brexit party.

First things first, labour is playing for time knowing damn well the talks for a brexit deal will break down.
EU elections are proportional, splitting the vote is less relevant. It just means a lot of brexiteers in the Parliament showing why most Europeans want the UK to leave.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an easy way to check the intentions of our MEP like there is with MP's or is it safe to assume that they'll be pro EU if they're not from the tory party or one of the Brexit specific parties?

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
EU elections are proportional, splitting the vote is less relevant. It just means a lot of brexiteers in the Parliament showing why most Europeans want the UK to leave.
The UK EU elections use D'hondt and split the UK into regions with very small numbers of seats each, giving not particularly proportional outcomes.

It effectively creates a minimum vote share threshold, depending on the region, of 10%. In the smaller regions, this is closer to 20%

Splitting the vote is still very much an issue, depending exactly how it splits.

Dec 2, 2017
My fault people don't like me cus am black I guess
Between this and David Blunkett's recent "Why hasn't the full force of the law been used against these eco anarchists who fill me with contempt?" article in the Daily Mail a few days ago, it's probably time to remember New Labour had something of an authoritarian/social Conservative streak in certain areas.

Oct 30, 2017
London
While westminster is on vacation it seems EU line is hardening with october becoming a hard deadline. Seems like Macron is doing lots of convincing behind the scenes and he convinced germany and a few others.

Seems like they also want to force out the brexit party as soon as possible.

https://www.ft.com/content/f064d5fc-61b8-11e9-b285-3acd5d43599e
Great, but with Lega polling at near 40% (which is majority territory) I'm legit terrified for the future of the Union (and Italy...)

Oct 26, 2017
It should be no surprise that polling. There's a high anti-EU sentiment in Italy. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an EU referendum there..
Yeah I believe it, there's an Italian lady at the place I work, and she basically said she moved to the UK because of what the EU is doing to Italy, she hates the EU.

Oct 25, 2017
There is a lot of reasons to hate the EU tbh. Just not enough reasons to leave it.
In the sense that the EU's existence is a net benefit for EU countries…