1. Syriel

Syriel
    Member OP

Well, that's one way to discourage absentee voting...

Source:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ormation-of-300000-absentee-voters/ar-BBPsGN2

2. Jadentheman

Jadentheman

This piece of shit is illegitimate nonstop. Hope tons of lawsuits are thrown his way

3. Cation

Cation

• User Banned (1 Day): Encouraging doxxing
    If you rattle people enough, they will respond. I guess I can only hope someone doxxes this man

4. DGenerator

DGenerator

If you kill enough people, the state will respond. I guess I can only hope someone kills this man.

Wow, what a concept; revenge as justice. Can't see any issues with that.

5. Cation

Cation

Hold on to your horses. I never condoned killing this man. What a ridiculous way to escalate things lol

6. Ultron

Ultron

Did the news source go and check that they've actually been doing this for a decade? If they have this seems like not a story at all.

Kemp has clearly been up to some bullshit, but this just seems like a "well if we make this normal thing seem nefarious we'll get some clicks" article.

7. SpaceSong

SpaceSong

8. AstronaughtE

AstronaughtE

Brian Kemps slogan should've been:
    If he can run an election this well, think how well he'll run the state!

9. floridaguy954

floridaguy954

Goddamn, I hope we throw more lawsuits his way.

Throw Kemp under the fucking prison.

10. This guy has the most punchable face.

11. What an astronomical asshole.

12. Xx 720

Xx 720

It's the law in Georgia unfortunatly, been this way for years but I think there's a way to opt out. Shitty as Kemp is, this would of happened even if Abrams had won.

13. TheAvatar

TheAvatar

What really upset me was how they handled a lot of black majority county voting polls, I was in and out in 10 minutes(which is how it should be) and apparently they were only given 3 voting systems and waiting hours! And the line was insane to the point some had to leave, and they were faulty systems as well. My friend said they only had 2 systems because some were messing up, insane.

14. rainking187

rainking187

The public disclosure of this private information is standard practice, according to Kemp’s office,”

Uh, why?

15. 0VERBYTE

0VERBYTE

The house needs to investigate this big time!

16. -PXG-

-PXG-

How is this legal? How did this become legal?

This better get tied up in court ASAP.

17. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera

This is the type of shit that the United States starts war for in other countries.

18. Ultron

Ultron

It looks like it's been happening for indeed many years: http://elections.sos.ga.gov/Elections/voterabsenteefile.do

Voter registration info is generally available to the public nationwide, though the exact form of availability differs (http://voterlist.electproject.org/). Here in Ohio, for example, you can go and download county by county registration info for free (https://www6.sos.state.oh.us/ords/f?p=111:1). My address and name are in there quite accurately. So by the title of this thread every voter in the US is getting doxxed all the time I guess? I'll admit the one difference in this Georgia one is that the absentee info is a little more readily available for whatever reason.

Of all the shit that this guy has pulled, trying to paint this one as nefarious just seems to land somewhere between unneeded and "I bet people will click this story". We don't need to resort to such distortions to show that this guy is a villain.

19. floridaguy954

floridaguy954

Speaking of lack of machines...

20. Koukalaka

Koukalaka

Jesus Christ, America - get some data protection legislation to prevent this nonsense.

21. lucebuce

lucebuce
    Community Resettler Member

Land of the FREE!

22. WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja

Why?

23. Lagamorph

Lagamorph

Isn't that literally the entire basis of the American justice systems death penalty though?

24. djplaeskool

djplaeskool

This is standard procedure in GA...for some reason.
    Going back five years, you can just download massive csv files with full name and address info by county.
    I always assumed this is how these election/political group get enough info to spam us with mailers in the lead up to elections
    Checked it out, and yup, ALL my details are in there.

25. Rumblebones

Rumblebones

Georgians need to sue and demand a federal investigation followed by a runoff election.

26. Driggonny

Driggonny

tbf his home address and contact information is probably already public knowledge

27. MCN

MCN

Y'all need some GDPR over there.

28. Nawid

Nawid

This is such a weak ban.

You can’t even doxx public officials.

29. Xiaomi

Xiaomi

As an absentee voter... why? What possible good could come from this? You wouldn't change my vote; you'd just make a headache for my family who lives at my US address.

30. datbapple

datbapple

what THE fuck??????

31. Josh378

Josh378

I am wondering what will be the straw that breaks this country's back? It's going to be hell from this point on. I really do not want to see a Civil War in my lifetime, but if this keeps escalating like this, it might just happen.

32. WillyFive

WillyFive

The issue with a future civil war is that the split is not really geographic. It's not organized states vs the federal government, but cities vs rural areas within each state. It's much harder to start an organized war that way. The most likely option would be what can be observed in other developing countries, where armed militia get more and more popular that they challenge the existing government.

33. Sai

Sai

Same lol

34. LiK

LiK

What a petty fuckard.

35. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

36. Zombegoast

Zombegoast

Not just Georgia, in Florida as well. Absentees ballots have never been tabulated

37. WillyFive

WillyFive

38. Omegasquash

Omegasquash

To say they're doxxed carries the implication that there's nefarious intent. I think Kemp is nothing if not nefarious, but this is standard, legal practice. It's also shitty, and should be legislated the hell out.

As noted earlier in the thread, data protection should be addressed, and addressed swiftly.

39. GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa
    Community Resettler Member

40. Anoregon

Anoregon

Resigning from your old job after you abuse its power to get your new job. What a champion of accountability.

41. asmith906

asmith906

What is the purpose of doing this?

42. rokkerkory

rokkerkory

43. WillyFive

WillyFive

Even if there's a runoff, the Nov election is the basis of the lawsuit.

44. zethren

zethren

Kemp absolutely disgusts me. I am very proud of Abrams and how she’s not backing down on this fight.

45. he cant avoid lawsuits just because he quit his job

46. rokkerkory

rokkerkory

I am hoping that is the case. This cheat needs to be in jail.

47. Abrams has taken him to court before and won. This ain't over, not by a long shot.

48. Mr. X

Mr. X