Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really, really hope her acting is better than what was shown in the trailer, cause those line readings were not good.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's a false equivalency and you know it. I am worried what happens if she turns out like Jennifer Lawrence in X-men universe or how Emilia Clarke is in anything that's not Game of thrones. Then we are stuck with a bad performance for 6 movies for MCU's first female led movie series.
That smile more shit already happened with the trailer, not saying that is what you are getting at.

Even if she is 'flat' in the first movie, doesn't mean she will be in the future ones.

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
why the FUCK is youtube recomending me that cunt channel geeks and comics or whatever the fuck its called with headlines like "SJW IS KILLING THE MCU" btw? I mean I ddi watch the Captain Marvel trailer a lot but thats not the type of shit your algorithmn should match with YT
That's just stupid YT.

My recommendations are 99% selfdefense video's and I don't know why.

Oct 28, 2017
That's a false equivalency and you know it. I am worried what happens if she turns out like Jennifer Lawrence in X-men universe or how Emilia Clarke is in anything that's not Game of thrones. Then we are stuck with a bad performance for 6 movies for MCU's first female led movie series.

Assuming this is real and just inked, Marvel already has a pretty good idea how she is. Plus it's not a massive financial penalty for them to cut and run if she isn't working out.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
I don't get what's so great about Brie Larson. She has had one really good performance in her entire career (Room) otherwise she's been in mostly crap/mediocre stuff

She's like Adrien Brody if Marvel didn't save her ass from that path .

Nov 6, 2017
I don't get what's so great about Brie Larson. She has had one really good performance in her entire career (Room) otherwise she's been in mostly crap/mediocre stuff

She's like Adrien Brody if Marvel didn't save her ass.

We gotta hot take here, Christ

She's been really good in the movies that empower her performance. Short Term 12, Don Jon, Room, she was great in those. And she nailed the character in Scott Pilgrim

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017

She's like Adrien Brody if Marvel didn't save her ass from that path .

0823SHORTTERMsub-master1050.jpg

Short Term 12?

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Seven movies!? I thought they were rebooting and taking a break after phase 4 or whateverthefuck they call it?

They're going to milk this thing until it's dry.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Why do people keep thinking they would reboot the MCU? It makes absolutely no sense.

I said that because I remember them saying that was their plan. Unless I read or heard it incorrectly. This was a year, maybe two ago? They had all these phases and then were going to change things up with new actors or something.

It's all a bit much. I honestly can't wait for the superhero fad to die a painful death.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I said that because I remember them saying that was their plan. Unless I read or heard it incorrectly. This was a year, maybe two ago? They had all these phases and then were going to change things up with new actors or something.

It's all a bit much. I honestly can't wait for the superhero fad to die a painful death.

stay waiting

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

New actors as in new roles aka new heroes.

And you really don't have to watch these movies or even care about them, wishing they would die is weird and rather juvenile.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be nice not to see ads for them all the time, or hear people talking about them non-stop.

But I digress. I won't derail this thread.
This just reads like "Why can't I stop clicking on these threads and ads?"

Unless you are seeking out discussion and the trailers for these things, it is pretty damn easy to ignore.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Your argument seems to be "I didn't like these other female actors in unrelated movies so I'm worried that this female actor will also be bad."

wat.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your argument seems to be "I didn't like these other female actors in unrelated movies so I'm worried that this female actor will also be bad."

wat.

No, my argument is just because a talented actress has the dramatic acting chops means she is cut out for more action and superhero roles. Having seen her performances in community, room, king kong and even trailer for this has me a bit skeptical if she is cut out for action roles. So given all that, I have my doubts about a seven-movie deal. But I digress, who knows maybe she turns out to be great. At least marvel already thinks that.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So it'd be something like

Cap Marvel
Avengers 4
Cap Marvel 2
Cap Marvel 3
Avengers whatever
Avengers secret (some people were saying they were hoping that they do secret wars, whatever that is)
Avengers super secret

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If it means getting Monica on screen I would sit through many CM films while holding Bronson's hand