• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
So lets say Brandon ended up in DC cinematic universe with his full set of powers, could Superman/League stop him?

And if he ended up in MCU, could the Avengers stop him?

brightburn-1172359-1280x0.jpeg

Vs
Justice-League-Success-Future-Dc-Movie-Release-Slate.jpg

Or vs
avengers-endgame-disney-1068x601.jpg

Keep in mind they have their movie powers and attitudes.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
We have nothing to scale Brandon with when he's just killing normal people the whole time. Also that movie was not good. Ending with Billie eilish's bad guy had me laughing out loud.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
His powers are identical to superman's right? Like does he have any extra ones or less?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
His powers are identical to superman's right? Like does he have any extra ones or less?
Super strength, flight, and laser eyes were all we saw from what I remember. Kind of indestructible, if you shoot him he will be affected by the knock back and the wound will heal quickly. Can only be hurt by the material his home ship was made out of which is super dumb considering the ship was meant to hold him as a defenseless baby but I digress.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
Him vs Superman I'd pick Superman easily. MCU, meh, he doesn't require the Avengers just Ragnarok Hulk or Stormbreaker Thor.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
He has a weakness in how his own race of superpowered aliens can't even raise their own young lmao

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Superman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, or Shazam alone could stop him in the DCEU. Hulk, Strange, Wanda, Vision, Thor, Captain Marvel, War Machine, or Iron Man alone could stop him in the MCU.

Last edited:

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
He is basically Evil Superman yes.

Well other painters have mentioned a few weaknesses, but even assuming he is 100% equal to Superman he'd lose to DCEU just by purely experience and Superman having back up.

Some MCU heroes are arguably much stronger but they're also really slow. Thor and Captain Marvel when not flying have human reaction times and speeds. Dr Strange or Scarlet witch could beat him if he doesn't instantly speed-blitz them (which presumably he doesn't because he's a slasher villain).

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I'm pretty sure the Justice League could stop him easily. Avengers would have a pretty good shot, but they might take losses.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Super strength, flight, and laser eyes were all we saw from what I remember. Kind of indestructible, if you shoot him he will be affected by the knock back and the wound will heal quickly. Can only be hurt by the material his home ship was made out of which is super dumb considering the ship was meant to hold him as a defenseless baby but I digress.
What about bodily functions? I haven't seen the film, but in a nod to the Luke Cage series - if he's semi-invulnerable go at him with something other than guns. Does he need to breathe? Supes could take him into space. How quick does he heal - poison, neurotoxin or again just toss him into the sun?

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Brandon isn't as powerful as DCEU Superman and Brandon's overall speed doesn't compare to the DCEU barring Aquaman and Cyborg.

Clark will just blitz the kid. Diana can just cut the kid's limb one by one. Barry can't hurt the kid but the kid can't touch Barry. Billy is the same as Clark and Billy's just going to blitz the kid.

The MCU? Strange and Wanda destroys the kid. The MCU may be slower than the rest but their destructive capabilities are some of the best.

Homelander would have a field day with the kid.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats funny about Brightburn was it was literally evil superman remake, that was the pitch. Alien boy crash lands on rural farm with loving parents taking him in and hiding his secret as he discovers his powers.

Most notable thing about the movie was it was really gory and grotesque, realistically so. Wasnt expecting some of the shock scenes they had.

Nov 2, 2017
It really does amaze me that you're allowed to completely copy Superman's moveset and get away with it.

Also, every other Supes ripoff shows that it's the laser vision that brings the whole powerset together. It doesn't mesh with everything else at all, but it's so damn cool it doesn't matter. And on top of that, knowing that Superman CAN just kill everyone with laser vision, but refuses to, adds to how great of a dude he is.

Plus, Pinnacle of goodness Superman having glowing red laser eyes is a fun clash of good guy/bad imagery.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
He's some punk kid. Probably not nearly as strong as Superman. He gets spanked, panicks when he realizes he's not the strongest thing in the world, begs for forgiveness, Clark lets his guard down, he tries again to kill Supes, fails, gets tossed in a cell somewhere like the loser he is.