• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Sounds cool! So wildflower is the studio (and they're already talking about multiple games). But is wildflower also the game o.O? Or..

Curious who their partner is, but from ensuring widest possible distribution, sounding like multiplat and maybe even some mobile..?

Who knows! Curious. Good to see someone coming back from a hiatus reinvigorated, regardless.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We have to be inclusive, equitable, and collaborative. Full of big hearted people that want to grow both professionally and personally. The culture needs to be as iterative as the way we make games is."

Encouraging words from Bruce about the culture he wants to foster at Wildflower. Hopefully it pans out.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm....
curious on who the partner they are working with...
Playstation I wonder? I think he had a good relationship with them before leaving naughty dog

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
cool, best of luck to them.

side note: i kinda despise these one-page scroll-to-view websites with unintuitive elements 😡

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
640full-the-last-of-us-photo.jpg

Let's go.

TheXboxPost

Banned
Oct 1, 2021
Congrats, Bruce for still loving this industry, we are glad to have you here!

And...

Yeah, that didn't sound like a PlayStation partnership to me.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
This is a very exciting news and can't wait to see what he's got up his sleeve.
Naughty Dog's alumni have done wonders in the industry such as Obra Din's creator, COD Modern Warfare 2019's directors and Doom Eternal's director.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
This is the new normal in the latter stages of this pandemic. Not only in gaming, but even in other areas of the private sector, lots of people are changing jobs/careers or creating their own startups

OP
OP
Macca

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of hope so, not because I want it to be exclusive, but it'd just show there still love there from both sides.

I'm sure Shu and his division(the indie one) probably reached out about it. But I think Straley wants to do something completely new and therefore I think he rather not work with the publisher he worked with since 1999 when he joined Naughty Dog.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Co-creator of a couple of my favourite games, so this is obviously exciting news.

I'm really glad they're shooting for a smaller scale too and not trying to create the next massive thing, like a few of these other new veteran-founded studios lately.

AnimasPaine

Banned
Jun 15, 2022
This may be a controversial opinion but I actually believe Naughty Dog has been worse off since Straley left. Druckman needs someone to tell him no.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
One of the great game directors.

Can't wait to see what this ends up being.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
It's time for him to bring back the game we've all been waiting for him to return to.

It's time for a spiritual successor to X-Men for the Genesis.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The video and website both give off super positive vibes. Watch it end up as a web3 game or something lol.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Oh right yeah. But Druckmann if it's him you got a problem with(not saying it's you), he didn't even work too much on Lost Legacy I thought.

Oh, right, was just commenting on how many games the studio put out, didn't realize it was a comment about Druckmann.