The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wealthy enough to be batman
Owns a company that researches fringe tech
Has a tragic history
Missing whenever batman is
Same build

It also brings me to the batcave

How the hell has no one found the batcave it has about 9 secret entrances some are usually a wter way or a road turn off that for some reason every person ignores. How has no villain thrown a tracker on him at any point and just walked right into his secret base

Who the hell built the entrances? Bruce? Does he have that kind of construction skill?

At least Clark Kent isn't a huge celebrity and multi millionaire with world wide reknown. There's a handful of people who could figure that out.

Oops wrong side. Mods please move

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah but clark kent just wears glasses and his other persona is on the front page of the newspaper he works at constantly. that one's way more dumb.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Clark is more ridiculous considering he runs around maskless all the time and multiple people know him in both costumes without putting it together all the time

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Batman trained himself to constantly vibrate his face so that even if you take a photo of him it doesn't look like Bruce Wayne.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
also i remember a batman tas episode where a villian revealed he was bruce wayne after he was caught and batman just had a dude disguised to look exactly like bruce wayne come out and stand next to him

superman could never pull that off

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Clark Kent isn't famous world wide but Superman. All it would take in theory is for just one person to think "Hey, that guy looks like Super Man with glasses" to blow his entire identity. You can take a picture of Clark and just send it to some 24/7 news channel.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Clark kent is like a reverse yugi muto. He stays cleary the same with or without the mask(at least, on the editions that i read) and no one ever questions it. I don't mind it, but even as a kid that was weird.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
"Bruce Wayne just asked me to build a boomerang in bat format"
"You know how rich people are..."

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
Clark Kent isn't famous world wide but Superman. All it would take in theory is for just one person to think "Hey, that guy looks like Super Man with glasses" to blow his entire identity. You can take a picture of Clark and just send it to some 24/7 news channel.
But no one would believe it, imagine someone claiming their next door neighbor is Usain Bolt.

I think it was most ridiculous on Arkham City when Bruce Wayne gets thrown into Arkham City and suddenly Batman appears in there for the first time, and everyone just treats it as a complete coincidence.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Clark kent is like a reverse yugi muto. He stays cleary the same with or without the mask(at least, on the editions that i read) and no one ever questions it. I don't mind it, but even as a kid that was weird.
The manga implies that there's no actual transformation when Atem takes over, Yugi just acts more confident. There are a few panels where you see that Yami Yugi isn't actually any taller than regular Yugi.

ckdzci-wuaarg-glak99.jpg

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
Of the ones still around, kind of especially since he doesn't really have family to worry about like Spiderman. The tragic backstory probably isn't super well known and isn't a good link. The build can easily be distorted with padding in the suit.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Maybe trackers don't work around the batcave, plus he is a pretty lonely dude so no one cares when he goes out at night.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the public basically aware superman is an alien usually. I don't think people are looking for him in his regular non hero life most of the time. Batman is a vigilante I feel the DC universe citizens care much more about who the bat is as opposed to supes.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Batman vs Superman animated movie when Bruce Wayne goes to Metropolis which made the front page news and suddenly Batman turns up there too and nobody puts two and two together.
Not even big brain Lex or the Joker who also happen to be in that same city.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
The manga implies that there's no actual transformation when Atem takes over, Yugi just look more confident. There are a few panels where you see that Yami Yugi isn't actually any taller than regular Yugi.

ckdzci-wuaarg-glak99.jpg
Yeah, a friend of mine had explained it to me once. He just straights his posture and talks in a more confident manner, as well as other minor corporal language changes. He said it is the same for superman, which i can buy, is just weird that on the actual drawings yugi looks so different/clark kent is literally the same as superman.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
But no one would believe it, imagine someone claiming their next door neighbor is Usain Bolt.

I think it was most ridiculous on Arkham City when Bruce Wayne gets thrown into Arkham City and suddenly Batman appears in there for the first time, and everyone just treats it as a complete coincidence.

Why is that less believable than Bruce Wayne being Batman? Would you believe it if Elon Musk went around fighting crime in a mask and tights?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

That's a very strange assertion. Rumormongers prove people can believe a lot of nonsense let alone something they could check right out their window from the safety of their home or work cubicle. Bolt and Supes shouldn't be hiding in plain sight this easily :p

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In theory most people never get a good look at Batman - who's to say he's not, like, seven feet tall and hispanic?

But for anyone that actually manages to get close to him - your Jim Gordons and the like - I always just assume it's an open secret.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
If you didn't know who Batman was you probably wouldn't suspect a rich person was Batman. Funded and supported by a rich person absolutely but I doubt you would think someone like Wayne himself was beating up criminals.

And yeah with modern facial recognition software Superman's identity would probably be discovered within minutes since Clack is at least somewhat well known and probably has multiple pictures of him online. I remember a Supergirl episode last year where the President demanded that his subordinates figure out who she really was and I just laughed because he could just call up the FBI and run facial recognition on her.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

But yeah, both Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent are just laughable """secret""" identities. Clark Kent is still worse.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
Isn't the public basically aware superman is an alien usually. I don't think people are looking for him in his regular non hero life most of the time. Batman is a vigilante I feel the DC universe citizens care much more about who the bat is as opposed to supes.

Yeah, the internal logic behind Superman is the guy is so other worldly, no one would assume that he would actually live as a civilian among everyone else. That and he's meant to carry his posture in a different way when he's Clark Kent:

clarksuperman.jpg

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
You are missing the genius of the being rich part. I always assume that people born into money are absolutely useless. There is no way I would believe Bruce Wayne was Batman. That trust fund baby? Not a chance.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Yeah, the internal logic behind Superman is the guy is so other worldly, no one would assume that he would actually live as a civilian among everyone else. That and he's meant to carry his posture in a different way when he's Clark Kent:

clarksuperman.jpg
See,if they actually drew him like this more often i would tottaly buy it.