Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Ben Pack on the Giant Bombcast made me want to see the ending and it was overall sort of underwhelming after how he hyped it up haha.

I got the platinum too. Super charming game, though it has it's flaws. Luckily it doesn't over stay it's welcome.
I also thought the ending wasn't so far out there...until I saw the bad ending a few days later on YouTube.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
doing the finale. but bugged out so i had to restart the save.
i was helpinb beffica and cromdo. i accidentally launched myself into the water and it pulled me away. basically ended up being stuck.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
doing the finale. but bugged out so i had to restart the save.
i was helpinb beffica and cromdo. i accidentally launched myself into the water and it pulled me away. basically ended up being stuck.
Did the same thing. The sequence ended but wouldn't continue so it softlocked. That gadget can cause a lot of mayhem, I've noticed, since I launched Chandlo off a cliff once earlier.

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the game, it was a lot of fun, super charming and the collecting snack mechanics were engaging. Seems likely there is a sequel. Wish I hadn't heard there was buzz about the ending because I thought
that the Bugsnax were going to be Grumps and that everyone was really a cannibal or the player character's identity was something special

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Overall a really good fun game the mechanics are satisfying, loved the interactions between the grumpuses the ending was ok I had a good laugh.

Platinum done.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
couple quick quesitons

- got the spring platform. Do you have to fire other bugsnax off it to bring down eg the flying ones in the desert area? I assumed it'd be rocks as thats what you use when you get the device, but they just seem to bounce off. It can be tricky to line up the damn spuddy but as long as thats what you're supposed to do, thats fine.

- got the bridge opened, then went back to town, spoke to a few people and did a couple tasks. Went back and now the bridge is closed off again - am I screwed? Guy is back in town so there is nobody by the bridge anymore
You can launch the trap at stuff. Dunno about the bridge logic but you can easily jump around the barrier. Doing so makes the bridge collapse, Chandlo will rebuild it later.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Can't find a way out the first area when there's a guy lying on the floor? Just briefly played it the other night but haven't got far.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't put much time into it yet (still working on Cold Steel 4, Yakuza 7 and Demon's Souls) but it's a pretty chill and charming game so far.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it. First PS5 game I've finished and my first PS5 Platinum. Really loved it and it will probably be on my top 10 of the year. Just charming, fun, and super creative. Has a lot of heart and activates all the good collectathon parts of my brain. Also the music was excellent, perfectly relaxing and fit the vibe so well. Definitely recommend it.

I was expecting it a bit more wild considering how some people described it but still was great.

Also I'm assuming that is a possible sequel tease at the very end. It's Bugsnax all the way down baby.

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
MĂ©xico
What a surprise this game was!

I started on Thursday and yesterday I got the platinum trophy. It was hilarious, the characters were great, the music was catchy AF, and getting the bugsnax was really addictive.

I really loved my time with it and I'm glad Sony decided to make it the PS5+ game of the month. Everyone who has it please give it a try!

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
FYI, I heard back from the Devs and the game doesn't support HDR natively so if you're on PS5 it's trying to tonemap to the correct values.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
What can I do about snackpacks? I've now got 6 of them clogging up half my inventory - is there anywhere I can store them until they're needed? So far they've seemed to be needed for story beats so don't want to mess anything up

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
What can I do about snackpacks? I've now got 6 of them clogging up half my inventory - is there anywhere I can store them until they're needed? So far they've seemed to be needed for story beats so don't want to mess anything up

they really aren't needed and they respawn like other bugsnax.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Bugsnax song ever appear in the game at all?

I think I'm probably about 2/3 of the way through right now based on how much map I've uncovered and the amount of grumpuses I have back in town. Taking my time doing all the side quests as they come up.

So far catching Bopsickle is probably the most fun I've had. Even though I figured out pretty fast what I had to do, it took a couple tries to execute my plan and it's pretty funny even I failed.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017

I just donate any extra Bugsnax I collect to the guy who likes them as pets.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Bugsnax song ever appear in the game at all?

I think I'm probably about 2/3 of the way through right now based on how much map I've uncovered and the amount of grumpuses I have back in town. Taking my time doing all the side quests as they come up.

So far catching Bopsickle is probably the most fun I've had. Even though I figured out pretty fast what I had to do, it took a couple tries to execute my plan and it's pretty funny even I failed.

Yes

It's the credits song

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Encb0EEWMAMeny7

Bunger will be living in my head rent free for at least a month. Just gonna think "bunger bunger bunger" at random times now. Also I feel like ordering a burger for some reason...

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I can't deal with the constant frame rate stutters in this game on PS5.

Seriously, what in the hell is going on here? This game looks like it could easily run on a low end PC, but the dev couldn't manage to maintain 30fps consistently on a PS5?

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

Seriously, what in the hell is going on here? This game looks like it could easily run on a low end PC, but the dev couldn't manage to maintain 30fps consistently on a PS5?
The PC version runs perfectly on my machine which is not a low end one but the 1080 is still outclassed by the PS5. No idea what's going on there, maybe the engine they're using has some compatibility issues? I didn't even install it on my SSD and it loads lightning fast anyway. Definitely something going wrong there. How does it perform on the PS4?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
The PC version runs perfectly on my machine which is not a low end one but the 1080 is still outclassed by the PS5. No idea what's going on there, maybe the engine they're using has some compatibility issues? I didn't even install it on my SSD and it loads lightning fast anyway. Definitely something going wrong there. How does it perform on the PS4?

I'm thinking it must be something simple like the dev accidentally enabled like 4x supersampling on a 4k output, or set the AA to 8x. There is no reason for the game to run the way it does given what I've seen so far. If it was a case of the whole game being extremely unoptimized, it would also run badly on PC.

Then again, the dev did put out a patch yesterday and the frame rate issues are still the same. So who knows

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

Gotta wait for PS6 to unleash the full potential of Bugsnax.

But seriously, the Switch could run this game.

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
MĂ©xico
I noticed this got updated last night on PS5 but haven't had a chance to try it yet - does it fix the framerate issues?
I was playing yesterday after the update and there were some heavy frame drops when the soda cans in Boiling Bay were spitting at me haha. I also had a problem at the end when the trophy

All of the Grumpuses survive.

didn't pop and had to redo the last section of the game to get it.

I don't know if this has been posted, but the Young Horses channel uploaded the complete OST 🔥🔥🔥

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

The game was made by six people in the middle of pandemic. I think we can cut them some slack.

SnowHawk

Oct 28, 2017
England
This is such a charming game and it's great that it was included in the monthly ps+ update.

I got the platinum trophy today and had fun finishing it.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
beat the game

cromdo died during the last battle. does it matter if anyone dies? I didn't check the trophy yet.

now to see if i can get the platinum.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018

It's 60 FPS on ps5 not 30

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
I immediately wanted to turn this game off 3 min in to starting game, luckily I didn't and after 15 min started seeing the gameplay loop and I'm loving this game. Very fun puzzler

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Just platinum the game.

This game has no right being as good as it is but it was a nice surprise. Look forward to a hopefully more fleshed out sequel.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished Bugsnax.
I really enjoyed it.
There's something about that just felt nice and cosy to play haha.

The game has two programmers.
There isn't a magic optimise button that'll make it run at locked 60.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
is there a new game plus? There is one trophy left that I think I can't do without starting over. I'm at the point of no return (after finishing the story) and it says I have to
spray someone with cheese?
but it won't let me do that in town, and
thats where everyone is. If I have to start from the beginning and go all the way through to unlock sizzling sands to get cheese? that'd be a real PITA

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
is there a new game plus? There is one trophy left that I think I can't do without starting over. I'm at the point of no return (after finishing the story) and it says I have to
spray someone with cheese?
but it won't let me do that in town, and
thats where everyone is. If I have to start from the beginning and go all the way through to unlock sizzling sands to get cheese? that'd be a real PITA
You should be able to do it on your way to the final mission.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, I think I'm screwed for progressing?

I'm on crack the code and the game is telling me to find the missing page...which I found a long time ago.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
So... I finally got round to playing it and, honestly, I hate it.

It's charming enough but the actual gameplay is just... I don't know, not for me. I literally just got the journal, so it's less than an hour of play time but the actual mechanic of catching things just didn't really engage me.

Is it worth going on if I'm already hating it and only starting it?

I'm so sad because I wanted to love it.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So... I finally got round to playing it and, honestly, I hate it.

It's charming enough but the actual gameplay is just... I don't know, not for me. I literally just got the journal, so it's less than an hour of play time but the actual mechanic of catching things just didn't really engage me.

Is it worth going on if I'm already hating it and only starting it?

I'm so sad because I wanted to love it.

What did you expect out of it? It's a puzzle/collectathon game so the solutions get more complicated as you get more tools but I was also really enjoying it even at the start.

If you want to reach a breaking point I would say at least play til the first in game celebration.