Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I really didn't like this movie. I felt a lot of scenes are missing or jumps that annoyed me. As well the mom taking bumblebee out for no reason and the cornyness. The first 3 minutes are awesome but the rest of the action scenes and the last one are really disappointing. I only liked t1 and 3 but this was just mediocre at best. 5/10

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Was pleasantly surprised with this movie but didn't love it. I thought a lot of the "heart" parts of this movie felt forced. But it was still solid. I then went home and tried to watch The Last Knight. I've tried 3 times but still haven't finished it. Holy shit..so bad.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw it and it was pretty good. I wish Transformers started here in the movies not the shitty Bay films.

Even my wife loved it.

I'm gonna have to rewatch some clips as I missed some of the cameos. You can see Starscream, Wheeljack and Ratchet at some point?

I nearly yelled in the theatre seeing Soundwave eject Ravage.

I love that they slipped my boy Hot Rod in the movie.

Ok I think I might have to turn in my Transformers fan card in here. I don't get this reference.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just saw it and it was pretty good. I wish Transformers started here in the movies not the shitty Bay films.

Even my wife loved it.

I'm gonna have to rewatch some clips as I missed some of the cameos. You can see Starscream, Wheeljack and Ratchet at some point?

I nearly yelled in the theatre seeing Soundwave eject Ravage.

Ok I think I might have to turn in my Transformers fan card in here. I don't get this reference.

Judd Nelson played John Bender in the Breakfast Club. (The character in the shot raising his fist that was shown multiple times in Bumblebee)

He also played Hot Rod in Transformers the Movie (1986).

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Judd Nelson played John Bender in the Breakfast Club. (The character in the shot raising his fist that was shown multiple times in Bumblebee)

He also played Hot Rod in Transformers the Movie (1986).

I never saw Breakfast Club but I thought it'd have something to do with Judd Nelson.

Wish they had Casey Kasem voice as a tribute somehow given that Cliffjumper was in it.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I never saw Breakfast Club but I thought it'd have something to do with Judd Nelson.

Wish they had Casey Kasem voice as a tribute somehow given that Cliffjumper was in it.

That would be cool. However, Casey wanted nothing to do with Transformers after the writers of season 3 wrote in the fictional middle eastern country "Car-bomb-ya". I don't blame him. Shit was hella racist.

Last edited:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
bit too slow paced, a bit too many sweet & sad moments

I prefer this to Bay's films where something has to explode every 10 seconds, characters and robots are soulless and there's no character development.

The 80s theme + Stan Bush felt like a giant apology for Bay shitting on fans thru 5 films. Although I stopped watching after Revenge of the Fallen.

That would be cool. However, Casey wanted nothing to do with Transformers after the writers of season 3 wrote in the fictional middle eastern country "Car-bomb-ya". I don't blame him. Shit was hella racist.

Yeah that was racist. Casey passed away years ago I believe:(

Frank Welker better do Megatron in any sequel.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I prefer this to Bay's films where something has to explode every 10 seconds, characters and robots are soulless and there's no character development.

The 80s theme + Stan Bush felt like a giant apology for Bay shitting on fans thru 5 films. Although I stopped watching after Revenge of the Fallen.

Yeah that was racist. Casey passed away years ago I believe:(

Frank Welker better do Megatron in any sequel.

I just now found out that Judd Nelson has revoiced Hot Rod/Rodimus a few times since 1986.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that Casey Kasem would've held a forever-grudge with the Transformers franchise after the racist episode. He read the script, saw it was racist, so he quit, and the show retired his characters.

But then, Casey wrote a letter to the head of Marvel Productions explaining what happened and why it was wrong, and she wrote him back, saying she agreed with everything he said. She had copies of his letter sent to everyone involved with the production, and ordered people to learn from it and never let it happen again.

I would like to think that if the opportunity had come up, Casey Kasem would have been willing to reprise his roles. At the very least, I don't see any problem with modern Transformers (made by entirely different people) showing some love and tribute to Casey Kasem.

The easiest tribute I could think of would be... Casey Kasem was a radio DJ in 1987. And Bumblebee makes heavy use of his radio. I don't know about the legal ramifications, but they could've used a clip from his actual radio broadcast from whatever date the movie is supposed to take place on.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just now found out that Judd Nelson has revoiced Hot Rod/Rodimus a few times since 1986.

TIL Judd Nelson was in Breakfast Club
I always just knew him as the guy who voiced Hot Rod
51mG4YaAqhL.jpg

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The easiest tribute I could think of would be... Casey Kasem was a radio DJ in 1987. And Bumblebee makes heavy use of his radio. I don't know about the legal ramifications, but they could've used a clip from his actual radio broadcast from whatever date the movie is supposed to take place on

That's what I thought they could have done.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to see this today. Was really impressed all around. Not perfect but wow it finally hit all the right notes. Kids loved it too and want more. Time to bust out the cartoons on em

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I'm late on this but I saw Bumblebee yesterday and it was great. I thought it looked promising from the trailers but think the other Transformers films are dumpster fire worthy so didn't rush to see it but this was much much better than those. Hopefully there's a sequel. Cena pointing out they're called Decepticons was my favourite moment.

Last edited:

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm late on this but I saw Bumblebee yesterday and it was great. I thought it looked promising from the trailers but think the other Transformers films are dumpster fire worthy so didn't rush to see it but this was much much better than those. Hopefully there's a sequel. Cena pointing out they're called Decepticons was my favourite moment.

Yes. My wife was wondering why nobody was suspicious of them right before his character brought it up.

Macnair

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Travis Knight must have fought hard for his vision of this movie after seeing concept designs and some deleted scenes. I hope he has more room to play for the sequel (please!).

Oct 27, 2017
i watched this late, my daughter wanted to see a movie today and I realized this was still in theatres so I gave it a go.

30 seconds in, it's already the best live action Transformers movie ever. No bullshit macguffins, no "can't see shit" CGi, just a boatload of Cons and Optimus Prime whipping ass and leading the Autobots.

On Earth, and ohmigod - human characters I actually give a shit about!! Hailee Steinfeld was a treasure, and she actually had a relationship with Bumblebee. I even cared about G.I Cena and the scientist guy who gets turned to goop! Which leads me to another point that someone else brought up.

Charlie's an ace mechanic and ace diver, paralyzed by the death of her father until she saves Bumblebee's life with the technique that would have saved her father. She saves Bumblebee/the Autobots/the World using her courage and her talents. She parts ways with Bumblebee because she wants him to worry about his own problems, not hers. She will be fine. And she is. She clears all of her hurdles and her future is bright.

Sam's a piece of shit who thinks you need a car to have any personal value in this world (probably true in his case, since he has no other redeeming qualities), sells priceless family heirlooms to get a car because his rich parents will only pay for half of one, lucks out and finds Bumblebee, and hooks up with Mikaela, because he has Bumblebee. He becomes "important" because Bumblebee is important, and Bumblebee is Sam's pet, so by transitive property Sam must be important, because Sam is Bumblebee's owner. Sam screams a lot and doesn't die, and then makes out with Mikaela on the hood of Bumblebee while the other Autobots watch. Sam will never let go of Bumblebee, because Bumblebee is the greatest thing that could ever happen to him.

Truth. What was Sam's relationship with the Autobots?

"BUMBLEBEE!"

"OPTIMUS!"

"IRONHIDE!"

All he did was scream out names so you knew which garbage pile on stilts was who. Let Bayformers burn.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Hailee is a damn good actress. This movie was pretty much perfect! Loved it and so did my daughter.

Hated every Bay film after the first.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Was hyped for this but it was the pinnacle of entertaining but forgettable. None of the emotional beats really worked to be honest. Seeing G1 Soundwave was the best part of the movie.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the hype, it was just as forgettable and subpar like the other Transformers movies. Appart from some good CGI really nothing to look out for. It's on Amazon Prime in Germany for anyone who cares btw.