• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Don't ever wanna see Bungie touch PvP games ever again especially on a competitive scene so this might be a huge skip for me.

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
They going to build a time machine to travel back to when the iron was still hot?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Bungie broke away from Activision Blizzard to become Activision Blizzard!

I could be interested. Bungie still stands as some of the best FPS/shooter makers.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Bungie trying to balance a PvP mode? Won't be much of a playerbase with how long it takes them to "balance" the game, if we go by Destiny 2.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
So that's how they clean Trials of Osiris from hackers… moving them to a new competitive game.

I'm curious, I thought Bungie's next project was a RPG with necromancy stuff.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Spectacular fall from grace if this is actually what they're working on next.

Microsoft would never have let this happen (and they wouldn't have let them get away with Destiny either)

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I hate hero shooters, so I hope this isn't true.

Edit, in before I get quoted with thisisresetera.gif

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Valorant, Overwatch, Apex Legends, Rainbow Six Siege etc.
There's a ton of immensely popular hero shooters in the market now. Trailers for new characters continually trend globally on YouTube every time. The appetite is there.

Overwatch is still THE high mark for the Hero Shooter genre as far as I know. Well, Cliffy B would disagree, probably Lawbreakers.

Hopefully it will be good.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
An early version of Destiny was apparently quite similar to the then-contemporaneous version of Project Titan. From the book Blood, Sweat, and Pixels by Jason Schreier:

One early incarnation of Destiny looked a lot like Overwatch , according to Jaime Griesemer. "I went to Blizzard for a while, and played Titan ," he said— Titan was the canceled MMO that was later reworked into Overwatch —"and I was like, 'Holy shit, you guys are working on the same game, down to character classes.'" The version of Destiny that shipped, of course, looked nothing like Overwatch .

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Oof. Good luck. Feels like when Blizzard chased after the MOBA craze with HOTS after it was popular. We'll see.

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if a character named Valkyrie will be available at launch or in a future update.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
When was the last successful hero shooter? I typically ignore those games, but Overwatch and Valorant are pretty much the kings (if you ignore TF2) right?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Bungie has nailed that perfect shooter feel, so I could see this working really well. Just as long as they build it from the ground up with PvP as a focus, it shouldnt have the same problems as Destiny.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
To be fair gameplay-wise I'm sure it'd be fantastic. If there's one thing Bungie knows very well it's how to make a game play/feel great.

Everything else?... I'd have to see it. I'm excited to find out what this turns into by the time it's ready!

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I would have been excited if this was Bungie circa. 2010, but current Bungie's attempts at pvp (the crucible) haven't been great.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this was the thing that made Jeff Gerstmann on the Giant Bombcast today say, "Man that sounds really lame." when talking about unannounced projects going into E3.

Because man, that sounds really lame.

Oct 25, 2017
pain-scale-859x305.jpg

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I miss being able to load up a shooter and play whatever character you wanted without having to race to pick your favorite or get rage mail because you picked someone else's favorite.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm good on this man.... I was really hoping for a true follow up to destiny, not just the pvp aspect.
Absolutely checked out on this if it's legit.

Jardim

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Can't wait for Peer to Peer competitive multiplayer from Bungie, just like Destiny. What could go wrong.