SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I take everything back, the ME3 ending and stupid kid were all worth it

Asterikolt

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can't imagine the work that went into handling the helmet transparency... excellent video

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
The ending really sealed it. It really is his best one yet.

The dancing scene was my favorite part.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
The reflections are so good - look at the scene where Buzz is petting the lizard. It's incredible work.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Yeah this was more seamless and technically impressive but the Austin Powers one was way funnier to me, Austin weirdly fits these games' horny energy a lot more than I would have thought.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
That ending is fucking outstanding

My favorite is still Austin Powers in ME but this is very good too

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Like half the other people in this thread, I couldn't stop looking at the helmet transparency. I realize that in some ways an early CG film like Toy Story is as close to the perfect conditions for rotoscoping as you can get; simple shapes, clean lines, not a lot of background detail. Even then, it must've taken a huge amount of manual work to get it looking this good.

Oct 29, 2017
I was going to say, how do they do that shit? It's insane lol
The way I would do it is removing most of the original helmet and then in software like blender or Cinema 4d track a new helmet to the character so it matches the position.
The model itself is simple enough that making a new helmet and then catching reflections from your 3D scene is a lot less time consuming than trying to keep the original.

edit: the more specific reflections are probably added in after effects, since it is easier to control it that way, but the shape of the helmet and ambient lighting could be straight from a 3d software.