Oct 25, 2017
Only played a few games so far, but it's pretty fun.

Looking forward to seeing how the PC beta goes.

I think this might the first CoD in ages to keep people playing on PC longer than a month.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Well this is making me want to a Pro! The more I play the more I'm noticing how blurry and a bit tear-y the base PS4 is. It definitely runs really well (a damn site smoother than console PUBG!) but hearing that it's 1080p/totally smooth on Pro is making me jealous.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks really good, I'm actually very impressed how well this seems to be turning out. I was expecting something decent but this looks to be a very good first attempt for them, great even.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I just pre-order the game from Amazon right now will I get a code I can enter right into my PS4, or do I get a code I then have to process through the Call of Duty site?

I'm giving up on ever getting a code from the one I registered two days ago.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Someone should do a trailer vs reality on this game. The trailer was all hype crazy action and people playing is just a lot of hiding with a kill here and there lol

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
If I just pre-order the game from Amazon right now will I get a code I can enter right into my PS4, or do I get a code I then have to process through the Call of Duty site?

I think Amazon has changed their policies regarding beta codes now. I read it there that if you placed pre orders before 8th you'd get a code by 8th but if you placed it on or after 8th you'd have to wait 48 hours to get a code.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
First match on PS4 Pro and all I'm thinking is "WTF happened PUBG?". I know its a different engine, team, etc, but even the little things like there not being a stutter when you hit the ground after dropping in like on Xbox. Gunplay feels smooth, framerate is far higher, all while looking noticeably better. PUBG hasn't even launched yet on PS4 and its already irrelevant there.

As for Blackout, yeah, this is going to be the answer for people looking for a Fortnite alternative. Unless you absolutely have to have third-person corner peeking, I don't see why anyone would put up with PUBG's quarks over this on console and possibly even on PC.

What a 180 from the Battlefield V beta for me. I tried that and hated the direction DICE is going, but this. It looks like I'm going CoD this year.

Sidenote - My PS4 Pro that is super load with God of War is not nearly as obnoxious playing Blackout.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

I believe you get a code that you enter on the COD site and then they email you a code for the beta. That's how mine worked (but I was given my code).

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Blackout Mode

- Better visually than fortnite and PUBG and H1Z1 BR
- No building, just shooting, as i want it
- Vehicles are cool including chopper but not OP
- the performance as a 60fps on X and Pro will be better than PUBG

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First match on PS4 Pro and all I'm thinking is "WTF happened PUBG?". I know its a different engine, team, etc, but even the little things like there not being a stutter when you hit the ground after dropping in like on Xbox. Gunplay feels smooth, framerate is far higher, all while looking noticeably better. PUBG hasn't even launched yet on PS4 and its already irrelevant there.

As for Blackout, yeah, this is going to be the answer for people looking for a Fortnite alternative. Unless you absolutely have to have third-person corner peeking, I don't see why anyone would put up with PUBG's quarks over this on console and possibly even on PC.

What a 180 from the Battlefield V beta for me. I tried that and hated the direction DICE is going, but this. It looks like I'm going CoD this year.
I suspect I'm going to delete Fortnite from my PS4 the moment I play this beta. I've never really enjoyed the building aspect of that game, and I know I'll enjoy the gunplay and general vibe of BLOPS4 more.

I believe you get a code that you enter on the COD site and then they email you a code for the beta. That's how mine worked (but I was given my code).
Thanks

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cant wait to see if Red Dead Redemption 2 offers a battle royale as well, there were rumors about it I believe. Would be AMAZING for the setting and guns.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Blackout Mode

- Better visually than fortnite and PUBG and H1Z1 BR
- No building, just shooting, as i want it
- Vehicles are cool including chopper but not OP
- the performance as a 60fps on X and Pro will be better than PUBG

All true. Although I think Fortnite looks great as well, just clearly a different style. The image quality is fantastic.

Invicta Fide

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe it, but I'm super excited to play this. I swore off CoD a long time ago, but this looks leaps and bounds better than console PUBG.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Going to try the beta on Friday but these impressions are pretty much exactly what I was hoping to hear. Looks like this may be the first COD game I buy at launch in quite a while.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
First impressions: it's Battle Royale alright. Armor stuff needs a nerf across the board. Easily has the best gunplay of any BR released to date.

That all said, if you didn't like BR games before, this won't change your mind.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Played a few games of solo and won one. I'm not really a fan of solo on the other BR games, and I don't think I'd play it much in this either. Still, it feels promising. Gunplay feels tight as always, though I haven't got the ballistics down at all. The UI seems really tiny, but intuitive enough to use. The image quality is a bit of a let down. I don't really mind that it doesn't look fantastic visually, but there's a lot of visual instability that makes it hard to pick out movement at times. Netcode seems pretty ropey at long distance, perhaps particularly in the early game? Makes trying to snipe someone a bit of a farce.

Looking forward to playing this with some friends, it's definitely a contender for my future BR game at this point. Very, very tense. In some ways I'm a bit sad that it takes so much from PUBG and so little from Fortnite, particularly when it comes to the handling of loot, at times it feels unnecessarily complicated.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Ive been watching a couple of streams...and damn, BR CoD looks really, really good. Im impressed. Seems like a night and day difference between BR and the garbage that was the MP beta. I'm gonna give it a spin tonight.

And RIP PUBG...what once was.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watching some streams and wow it looks like what people wanted pubg to be. I actually might pick this up for this.

Filiab

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I redeemed my code on Activision website but I still can't understand how to download the client.

Any advice appreciated please

Edit: disregard, literally just recieved email

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
All true. Although I think Fortnite looks great as well, just clearly a different style. The image quality is fantastic.
me being a Socom guy from the ps2 days , i am not a fan of building and being creative with traps . There is a place for that but I want to see more team strategy with shooting and maneuvers. Not who can spin and build walls faster and get higher to shoot you as you are lower.

the look of the guns and image quality in blackout looks great. the environment too, very clean and sharp. guaranteed to be good performance.