Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Well it is to me,because its always the same possible outcome:

1. Jump out and after landing get immediately killed because some got lucky with equipment.
  2. Same as 1 but this time dont get killed,find some stuff,run around for 5-10 minutes,where nothing is happening, and then get killed.
  3. Or same like 2 but this time last to the end and win.
This.

I just came to the conclusion this BR genre is just not my thing.

Walking through the countryside without any action before get shot by some camper from behind a tree.

Uninstalled the Beta and PUBG as well. :)

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
This.

I just came to the conclusion this BR genre is just not my thing.

Walking through the countryside without any action before get shot by some camper from behind a tree.

Uninstalled the Beta and PUBG as well. :)

Tbh that person probably wasn't camping, they probably heard/saw you coming and hid to surprise you at the right point with a face full of bullets. That's just playing the game. You win some, you lose some.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Tbh that person probably wasn't camping, they probably heard/saw you coming and hid to surprise you at the right point with a face full of bullets. That's just playing the game. You win some, you lose some.
yes, I understand that principle. Untill you spectate that person and he does not move from his spot for about 10 minutes.

And it is not about campers or not. It is about the game having that much variables where the changes are high that you are going to die in a really frustrating way.
Some people love the genre, I came to the conclusion that it is not for me.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Ok. Not sure if this is for me. It's just too damn hard to spot anyone. I'm running around getting wiped out before I know whats happened.

I either have to join the camp fest and stay in cover always or I have to get extremely lucky with my looting.

They need to increase the visibilitiy of enemies alot. The game has too many places where you can blend in with the environment which sounds great on paper, but doesn't work in battle Royal games.

And weapon drops seem way too common. Every game I've played I've been spoilt for choice.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there bullet penetration in this?

Just got owned by a guy peaking from behind a wooden fence after I opened up on him with an LMG.

There is. In the lobby I was testing it out shooting from outside of a window on a guy inside. I was strafing while still aiming at him even when I was already shooting at the wall, and I was getting hitmarkers all the time.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
They need to increase the visibilitiy of enemies alot. The game has too many places where you can blend in with the environment which sounds great on paper, but doesn't work in battle Royal games.

Which BR games have you been playing? Blending in with the environment is a common thing.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My first br game, those first few moments are intense. Running well on pc for me at 1440, fps is capped at 90, hovers around 85-88. Network-wise I haven't dropped a game, latency of my games have been between 30-70 usually at the higher end of that. Any deaths have been my own damn fault. I'm pretty bad but after remapping a lot of things I can at least loot and use my equipment fluidly enough now. I don't have any other br reference to base this on but I'm liking the game a lot. I've had some good sniper battles and some good close 1v1s. The 2nd game I got that Roadhog-looking gun and mowed down 2 people off the bat it was nuts.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Which BR games have you been playing? Blending in with the environment is a common thing.

I find it easy spotting people on both fortnite and Pubg, Pubg is a little more difficult but the game is so much slower that by the time they get within range you at least have a chance to retaliate.

I will try the game some more, but I swear nearly everyone of my deaths have been from people that I had no idea were at their location.

The fast pace will take some getting used to.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my 2nd solo victory.

Fuck, this is fun.

9 kills during that round. I never liked sniping but I love it here.

This guy tried to hid under the truck. Hard to see him but you do see his legs lol.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, I have a 1080ti & 8700k CPU and need help figuring out PC settings that make this look good but give me the highest frames possible. This game has been crashing almost every other game for me too and I can't figure out why. Drivers & OS are up to date, tried reinstalling the game, etc. but it's really bad. Anyone know of a fix?

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Na. TTK should not be higher than Pubg. Having typical cod ttk would be something that sets this apart from other br games

I think there's a solid argument for why the TTK should be higher. In PUBG, third person allows you to simultaneously hide and see. In Blackout you cannot. The nature of Blackout being a first person game ensures that you're more likely to be suffer a surprise attack.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This same error code has crashed my PC nearly every other game and forces me to restart multiple times. It's horrible. Is there a fix for this yet?

I think that's my best kill tonight. So good, it errors out.

V7aV8Ju.jpg

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Na. TTK should not be higher than Pubg. Having typical cod ttk would be something that sets this apart from other br games

TTK is fine because theres no helmets unless u run across a level 3

Which isnt that often, though it should be lessened still

Low ttk will kill this game. The movement especially will result in people killing u in a split second close range, and dropping instantly at longer ranges when u cant even see the enemy

The only time armour is an issue is when u dont have any, but they should be tweaking the availability of level 1.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That would be horrible for this game type.
Shrug I just struggle enjoying a cod game where the ttk is higher than even its competitors (well not fornite)
TTK is fine because theres no helmets unless u run across a level 3

Which isnt that often, though it should be lessened still

Low ttk will kill this game. The movement especially will result in people killing u in a split second close range, and dropping instantly at longer ranges when u cant even see the enemy

The only time armour is an issue is when u dont have any, but they should be tweaking the availability of level 1.
That happens in every BR game tho.

Oct 31, 2017
I only play hardcore in COD games so this is frustrating for me as well. TTK is higher than PUBG.....

Another PC code

QVJG-MFMC-NRSQP-3TS9-XG3G

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I got another 4 codes for xbox one in the mail from Activision.

Code:
3YGJV-P4H2D-4C2DJ-3WWXJ-DHQCZ
FC2GM-FR39R-JG4D3-3JY7T-9T9PZ
FC2GM-TQCVY-RP6CM-DG9X7-R2JVZ
FC2GP-7FH4C-YPM97-RYDQH-TRF9Z

To redeem, go to the Microsoft Store and select 'Use a Code.' Enter your Beta Code and the download will start immediately.

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
I think if they lower the TTK for Blackout most people would expect the other modes( Zombies and MP) to follow suit. I think tweaking the Armor is the best or a small tweak to the TTK is ideal for now.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Shrug I just struggle enjoying a cod game where the ttk is higher than even its competitors (well not fornite)

That happens in every BR game tho.

The armour gives players a solid chance to fight back. Same in any other BR game

The top players already make armour look like a joke because they kill with fast headshots

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Is there bullet penetration in this?

Just got owned by a guy peaking from behind a wooden fence after I opened up on him with an LMG.

Yes there is

Ok. Not sure if this is for me. It's just too damn hard to spot anyone. I'm running around getting wiped out before I know whats happened.

I either have to join the camp fest and stay in cover always or I have to get extremely lucky with my looting.

And weapon drops seem way too common. Every game I've played I've been spoilt for choice.

In my opinion Blackout is mix between Pubg and Fortnite. In Fortnite it is really easy to spot people and pubg it is harder. But blending is normal thing in battle royales

As someone who hasnt played CoD in a long time, is there bullet drop or a necessity to lead shots with sniper rifles in this?

There is bullet drop in BR. In normal multiplayer it is hitscan

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I think if they lower the TTK for Blackout most people would expect the other modes( Zombies and MP) to follow suit. I think tweaking the Armor is the best or a small tweak to the TTK is ideal for now.

The only thing they need to do is make level 1 more common. Its true that fighting with no armour is too disadvantageous and u shouldnt have to look long for armour

Level 3 really needs to be even rarer than it is now because I still find it more than I should but I think its fine where it is

Others suggest just making level 3 the same as level 2 but with headshot protection

I just hope they dont lower the average TTK

Prevolition

Oct 27, 2017
I got another 4 codes for xbox one in the mail from Activision.

Code:
3YGJV-P4H2D-4C2DJ-3WWXJ-DHQCZ
FC2GM-FR39R-JG4D3-3JY7T-9T9PZ
FC2GM-TQCVY-RP6CM-DG9X7-R2JVZ
FC2GP-7FH4C-YPM97-RYDQH-TRF9Z

To redeem, go to the Microsoft Store and select 'Use a Code.' Enter your Beta Code and the download will start immediately.
Thank you so much! I got the third to last one. :)

Oct 27, 2017
Are there Oceanic servers for Xbox? It's barely playable for me, nearly 1 second lag in everything including picking up items. Or any way to select region?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Guys get rid of the sniper scopes and just use iron sights. It's legit. Got like three headshot yesterday in one match.

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
The only thing they need to do is make level 1 more common. Its true that fighting with no armour is too disadvantageous and u shouldnt have to look long for armour

Level 3 really needs to be even rarer than it is now because I still find it more than I should but I think its fine where it is

Others suggest just making level 3 the same as level 2 but with headshot protection

I just hope they dont lower the average TTK

Yeah for sure. I'm enjoying the gun fights with the TTK as it. The armor for sure can use more work but it definately makes it feel different to the other BR games and thats good for me.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
lmao, all these responses, like you have a choice when its only like 6 people left in a fading circle. Trust me I loot aggresively. Level 3 armor is rare

It's rare to find it randomly, but not rare to find it at the military base clearing in the woods, zombie locations, supply chests or supply drops (might be other places too).

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I wish they'd add tooltips when mousing over loot in stashes, it's hard to remember what everything is just from the icon.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's rare to find it randomly, but not rare to find it at the military base clearing in the woods, zombie locations, supply chests or supply drops (might be other places too).

Yeah, this is the issue-- there are a lot of quiet areas you can find high level loot without a challenge. Level 3 Armour is the one thing you shouldnt have such early and easy access to thanks to RNG. Yeah, BR is RNG, but at least with weapons you need to actively utilize them at the right moment.

They just need to tighten up the extremities of having no armour and level 3 armour because level 1 and level 2 are very well balanced and allow the game to play really well.