Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So while MW2019 was sort of a prequel to the formation of Task Force 141, this is a full blown redo of MW1 and 2?

Looks pretty much like CoD if I'm honest, but I did enjoy my time with the MW2019 campaign, so I'll be picking this up for sure.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
It may not mean much (especially as the beta is five days early on PS4/PS5), but I do find it interesting that there was no PlayStation marketing anywhere on that reveal trailer. For reference, here are the MW2, Vanguard and Cold War reveals.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
so you have to buy the vault edition to get the Series S/X version? what?
It's weird, because the standard edition has been removed entirely, there's only the Cross-Gen Bundle* and the Vault Edition.

*excluding the physical PS5 version, which seems to omit the PS4 version of the game. Still $70 tho.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Great trailer on its own and there are some great throwbacks like the Oil Rig mission but I believe it's a weaker first showing compared to MW19 and OG MW2.

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
www.ign.com

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign - First Impressions - IGN

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2's Campaign is the next installment in the franchise that follows the story of 2019's Modern Warfare remake with returning characters from the 2019 title and the previous iterations. Here are our thoughts and first impressions on the Modern Warfare 2 Campaign preview.

www.ign.com

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer - First Impressions - IGN

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer seems to be bringing back the core make up of Call of Duty games. Modern Warfare 2 is bringing back the best parts of the 2019 remake and adding more to that. Here are our first impressions of Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer.

Dunno if these were shared

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Graphically I'm pretty underwhelmed. I really thought this was going to be a visual showpiece, especially since the 2019 game looks amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Jackfrags details sound awesome.
Sounds like they are going for Battlefield's throat and even going harder on Ground War this time.

Oct 27, 2017
It will absolutely be cross-gen.

The dumb excuse that they used for Warzone not having an FOV slider on next gen consoles is that there is a large portion of player's on last gen consoles so they didn't want next gen console players to have an advantage over them.
PC already got that advantage over everyone😂

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I'd wait for the campaign gameplay reveal at Summer Games Fest. Vanguards campaign looked incredible so i'm expecting the same from MWII

Yeah I'm looking forward to that for sure, but this reveal should have easily shown off any visual leaps. Especially when you have curated camera angles and cinematic cuts.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'm so glad it's purchasable via battle.net still. I have quite a bit of WoW gold which I convert to battle.net balance, meaning everything on there is essentially "free".

Oct 25, 2017
It's the perfect time to do it
I really enjoyed the original(it was nice to play in an environment that felt like it was intended for snipers, suppressors/stealth and killstreaks.
With BF not knowing what it wants to be im glad they are stepping up and pushing further.

The transport helicopter having a auto-hover mode if the pilot leaves the driver seat is neat.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Yeah I'm looking forward to that for sure, but this reveal should have easily shown off any visual leaps. Especially when you have curated camera angles and cinematic cuts.

True it was underwhelming but there was little to no CGI in this trailer. Whereas the 2019 reveal had a decent amount if i remember correctly.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Great. Fantastic. Another Muslim murder simulator with a big baddie named HASSAN.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
I came in expecting Ghosts: Electric Boogaloo campaign wise and instead got what's really looking like to be "hey how do you feel about combining CoD 4 and MW2 stupidly because we gotta make this work in Mexico as a major setting".

which I guess is better? A bit?
("MEXICAN SPECIAL FORCES, 141 ARE NOW YOUR BROTHERS" like, just feels like a complete parody of a line for the seemingly super serious reboot series.)

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Just watched jackfrags and holy shit... I really wasn't expecting that much. I was so excited about the game before, but now I'm in another stratosphere.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

The new gunsmith changes sounds amazing. I always felt they were leaning into a sort of weapon platform way of thinking with the ammo conversions and the ability to turn, say, an M4 into an SMG, DMR, or AR which is basically how the real world works. This was completely thrown out with Cold War which had say an AK and an AK-U as two separate guns, the traditional way of doing it.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how bloated the game's file size will be. Warzone ruined Modern Warfare for me.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Can you post the details? I am working lol...
Just a quick summary, I probably forgot some because there was so much:
  • You can rappel upside down or upright (similar to Rainbow Six Siege)
  • Dolphin dive AND sliding
  • Guns have platforms now with shared upgrades/attachments
  • Attachments are much more sophisticated, for example: a heavier attachment will slow speed but increase control
  • You can jump between vehicles, like holding onto the side of a helicopter and killing the pilot, from what I understand(?)
  • Can break different parts of vehicles to disable them
  • There is underwater swimming, which will affect the physics of the gun (you'll do less damage as bullets travel slower underwater)
  • Some vehicles operate on water and land
  • Equipment works on water (land mine will deploy floaties if it's thrown in water)
  • Ground War getting huge updates
  • Really advanced AI that will be incorporated into Ground War and Warzone 2 (they're testing 100 players and 300 AI)
  • New equipment like an inflatable decoy that will dynamically inflate depending on where you drop it (maybe peak out of a window if you place it near one), tactical cameras that you and your teammates can put around a map to monitor movement; can be set as motion sensors that will beep as well, something similar to Rainbow Six Siege's Cluster Charge which punctures a wall and shoots a grenade into it; also works on vehicles, an EMP grenade which can disable vehicles; and vehicle operator has to press buttons to turn the vehicle back on.
I know I'm missing quite a few details

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
How are people not more pissed at the last gen version being $70?
it is what it is. If the rumor of there being no 2023 mainline COD is true, then last gen buyers can just get the game now at $70 and potentially upgrade next year without having to deal with upgrade fees or needing to buy a separate edition. /shrug

Oct 25, 2017
Can you post the details? I am working lol...
Swimming is a huge part, redone water simulation, etc.
-boats
can hang from ledges now, like ladders in MW19.
you can mantel from parachute
vehicle physics, doors shot off, tires flat. can be repaired at gas stations.
destroyed vehicles stay on the map
10 attachment system, but you can fine tune attachments with a slider (heavier suppressor less recoil, lighter suppressor faster ads)
more vehicles
hge troop transport helicopter, works as a spawn point, if the pilot exists driver seat it has an auto hover mode
more focus on Ground War on bigger maps

Will post more

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
Welp for gunsmith, I guess I'm cranking it to faster ADS and manage the recoil with a grip.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Jackfrags details sound awesome.
Sounds like they are going for Battlefield's throat and even going harder on Ground War this time.
Yup and I'm loving everything I'm hearing about it. I had more fun playing Ground War personally than I have had the last couple of Battlefield games and this all just sounds really good.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Dolphin dive essentially being back is so great lol looks like they're really expanding on the movement/traversal options, I like the sound of that.

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022
it is what it is. If the rumor of there being no 2023 mainline COD is true, then last gen buyers can just get the game now at $70 and potentially upgrade next year without having to deal with upgrade fees or needing to buy a separate edition. /shrug

Hmm... I feel like if it was any other franchise people would be throwing a shit fit. And rightfully so. Imagine if Nintendo tried to charge $70 for BOTW, people would still buy it, but the internet freakout would be historic.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Hmm... I feel like if it was any other franchise people would be throwing a shit fit. And rightfully so. Imagine if Nintendo tried to charge $70 for BOTW, people would still buy it, but the internet freakout would be historic.
I mean I'm not a hardcore COD fan by any means, but we have lived with $70 next gen games from various publishers it's only to be expected that $70 is just "the price of the game" rather there being a different price across different platforms. Especially as cross-gen has dragged out. It's the same software.

If it was next-gen only for MW2 you'd still be buying it for $70 anyway

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
We're in an enthusiast community who is seemingly majority on next gen already. Most of this community has already been paying $70 for COD so nothing really has changed. Last gen audience is getting smaller by the day and most of the people still on last gen probably aren't really tuned into online gaming communities to complain about it.

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022
We're in an enthusiast community who is seemingly majority on next gen already. Most of this community has already been paying $70 for COD so nothing really has changed. Last gen audience is getting smaller by the day and most of the people still on last gen probably aren't really tuned into online gaming communities to complain about it.

Maybe we read different topics but I still see people complaining about $70 next gen games. COD fans will buy it if it was $100.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Looks good, nothing mind-blowing. Still my MW2 nostalgia has me wanting to get it. Definitely not pre-ordering though, I learned my lesson with BF2042.