a916

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused what you mean? Camos challenges are unlocked at various levels of the gun. You can complete them in any order once they are unlocked.

I think they mean you can't even start working on the final camo until you get it to max level. Which is stupid because by then you've already done it most likely. It doesn't start counting until you hit the specific level to unlock the challenge.

Which is pretty stupid tbh.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I think they mean you can't even start working on the final camo until you get it to max level. Which is stupid because by then you've already done it most likely. It doesn't start counting until you hit the specific level to unlock the challenge.

I think it's cause they want it to be a grind.

And I don't mean that in a negative way. There is a large group of players whose whole thing is grinding the camos every year and they find it fun. With them making universal camos and no longer needing to unlock a every camo for each guns, that already removes a lot of the grind already. So if they went the next step and made it so you can do all the camo challenges from the start...

Then it wouldn't be much of a grind at all, people would just have it all done even quicker. Which again, there is a large group of players who want there to be that long lasting grind.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rotations suck today. No Afghan, No Scrapyard, I haven't even seen Quarry or Karachi. But I guess I'll play Rundown for 10th time.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018

Yes, this exactly. I get that it's a grind but with so many guns this year I think they could've gone away with that system.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Rotations suck today. No Afghan, No Scrapyard, I haven't even seen Quarry or Karachi. But I guess I'll play Rundown for 10th time.

I still haven't played on Wasteland. Literally not once. I've only been queuing for Domination. AFAIK it's in there?

Edit: Guess the game heard me cause now Wasteland showed up lol

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I still haven't played on Wasteland. Literally not once. I've only been queuing for Domination. AFAIK it's in there?

Edit: Guess the game heard me cause now Wasteland showed up lol
From the little I had played at launch it also popped up in Hardpoint. I never saw Derail or Quarry there, though. IIRC it had something to do with issues on those maps on Hardpoint. Derail also is the only map I did not see at all in any mode.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
From the little I had played at launch it also popped up in Hardpoint. I never saw Derail or Quarry there, though. IIRC it had something to do with issues on those maps on Hardpoint. Derail also is the only map I did not see at all in any mode.

I know Quarry was taken out of Hardpoint cause it's spawns were super busted, but I'm not sure if they ever added it back.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten Derail on hardpoint but I've never seen Quarry more than 2-3 times since owning the game. In any game mode.

Apr 3, 2020
This is probably an unpopular opinion

But imo Ninja perk shouldn't exists, same as how Stopping Power is no more a thing in CoD

If they insist to include in the game, then they should at least have a counter measure to it, like modifing Bone Conduction Headset so you can hear some footsteps to certain degree or distance

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking stalker boots more than covert sneakers lately although I think they could be faster.

1. The footsteps straight up suck like usual, the majority of the time they're masked behind all the gunshots. Sometimes the audio doesn't even work when there's no noise at all. Either way the footstep audio is not consistent enough to consider using covert in specific modes like 10v10.

But in something like SnD? Sure.

2. Playing on KBM I've realized the rotational aim assist is very fucking good for controller users. It's definitely difficult to keep up with their character model in close quarters on mouse, but having stalker boots seems like it evens the playing the field when it comes to the "horizontal aiming who-can-strafe-faster" engagements that makes up 90% of my lobbies.

Oct 25, 2017
Spawns are almost universally praised as hugely better than previous games, with few exceptions (Hardpoint and a couple of specific maps).
And in my experience, this holds. Spawns are very well done in MWIII.

I wait with baited breath to see what Shipment is like, however.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not?

Because right now they are in the running for the worst they've ever been.
Huge maps like Derail and Wasteland and you'll spawn 5 feet from an enemy.

They've absolutely ruined Highrise and Scrapyard

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that they did another event so soon after the last one. It's easy to complete, so I'm not complaining, but I wonder if this will be the cadence this year.

Also I noticed the menu for the events seems to clearly indicate there will sometimes be more than one running at a time.
I appreciate having something but I hope these aren't the only kind of events they plan to run this year.

Like as far as Konni theme I'd like to see a lot more than just a sticker, emblem and a basic camo.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate having something but I hope these aren't the only kind of events they plan to run this year.

Like as far as Konni theme I'd like to see a lot more than just a sticker, emblem and a basic camo.

At least the camo is slightly animated! Not by much, but it's there.

But yeah, do hope for some more involved events. That being said, I kind of hope they don't do the camo events they did last year. Not cause they were like... the worst... but they were just so boring. Though I have to imagine any event they do, has to be completable in zombies.

Apr 3, 2020
I skipped CW and Vanguard zombies, is there any reason why the PaP weapons' camo look like in this in MWZ?

They look cheap and have minimal PaP sound

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I skipped CW and Vanguard zombies, is there any reason why the PaP weapons' camo look like in this in MWZ?

They look cheap and have minimal PaP sound

I think it's always been a hit or miss. Personally, I always smack the PaP machine to keep my current camo on the gun.

Also apparently I've already put 24 goddamn hours into Zombies since the game came out lol

Oct 25, 2017
At least the camo is slightly animated! Not by much, but it's there.

But yeah, do hope for some more involved events. That being said, I kind of hope they don't do the camo events they did last year. Not cause they were like... the worst... but they were just so boring. Though I have to imagine any event they do, has to be completable in zombies.
Im kinda split because I want those events but I'd like for them to stick to the theme more closely despite the Ronin "Samurai" event basically giving me my favorite/most used skin of MWII*
0wmwv8B.jpg

Like the event during Alejandro and Valeria's season had stuff themed towards them but then had Konig and Roze skins as the major rewards.
While I think Mexican Army skins for both would have been more fitting.

Oh and especially not one of those 141 vs Shadow Company things where they lock a highly requested skin like that Soap behind a side and everyone picks the other for a gun camo,
while the Shadow Company skin reward wasn't even Shadow Company themed and literally never seen a single person use it

The camos definitely need to be lower value or don't make it a ridiculous grind then suddenly in the last few days make it super easy.

But also XP, BP, etc tokens should be infinite on those events. I had almost 1000 extra and can't use it on anything

* I know lots of people complained about this being a lame recolor but honestly its relatively grounded, looks very different from her dessert default and has a unique original camo pattern only a few skins in MWII had.
and its camo/camo which avoids my huge nitpick

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Im kinda split because I want those events but I'd like for them to stick to the theme more closely despite the Ronin "Samurai" event basically giving me my favorite/most used skin of MWII
0wmwv8B.jpg

Like the event during Alejandro and Valeria's season had stuff themed towards them but then had Konig and Roze skins as the major rewards.
While I think Mexican Army skins for both would have been more fitting.

Oh and especially not one of those 141 vs Shadow Company things where they lock a highly requested skin like that Soap behind a side and everyone picks the other for a gun camo,
while the Shadow Company skin reward wasn't even Shadow Company themed and literally never seen a single person use it

The camos definitely need to be lower value or don't make it a ridiculous grind then suddenly in the last few days make it super easy.

But also XP, BP, etc tokens should be infinite on those events. I had almost 1000 extra and can't use it on anything

Honestly, while it may skew towards zombies, I want events like The Haunting with all of the bosses to fight. Like literally if that event had been in Zombies this year it would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than trying to kill the Butcher and getting killed people by camping the portal. :/

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Spawns are almost universally praised as hugely better than previous games, with few exceptions (Hardpoint and a couple of specific maps).
And in my experience, this holds. Spawns are very well done in MWIII.

I wait with baited breath to see what Shipment is like, however.

I dont know where you got this from but from reddit, steam, youtube... the spawns are universally called trash even after they invesigated all the reports regarding it in the beta.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, while it may skew towards zombies, I want events like The Haunting with all of the bosses to fight. Like literally if that event had been in Zombies this year it would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than trying to kill the Butcher and getting killed people by camping the portal. :/
yeah it was amazing as is but in the framework of the current zombies would have been awesome.

Imagine if one of those bosses had been harder and needed multiple squads.

That and then MWIII reveal really show that DMZ was a good idea conceptually but needed a lot of refinement.

Honestly think next time you should choose between the factions and players of the same faction can't attack each other.
Maybe have an actual renown system where only players of factions hostile towards you can attack you.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Encountered my first blatant hacker. This dude was literally running around getting instant headshots, they were level 40, but already had interstellar on their games and they just auto targeted folks in the kill camo.

Like you'd literally see them get 6 headshots in a row (10v10 match) on the feed.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I've noticed that there's a lot less disbanding of lobbies after the update. Especially in the Rust 24/7 and 10v10 playlists . Removed me of the old days for a bit.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Lol was in the middle of doing the warlord mission, another team comes in and I don't get the completion.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they kick derail out of the hardpoint rotation soon. With how much you have to run across the map this feels more like a sprinting simulator than COD.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Pro Tip for Zombies Camo grinding. Granted it's a small one, but still good to note!

Obviously you can't do the Gold camo challenge until you finish the base camos... HOWEVER... It doesn't seem to track the gold camo challenge in the same way the other camos are.

It just counts having gotten 100 kills or more with the gun being PaP'd in the course of the entire match. So if you already did that by the time you finish the final base camo, you can just extract and it will give you the gold.

Apr 3, 2020
I went in and played the last missions in the ACT 1, I wasn't paying attention to the mission details.

Glad that I decided to PaP one of my weapons, got a couple of perks, entered the mission with another player, which he seems new to the mode lol, but he did well.

But why the fuck my ping was over 200ms at the time?

Bengraven