• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

PNbKcmm.png

I think that Activision has another $1B seller in first week in the bag.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
if its fine to create these threads for Death stranding and other sony games ,then its fine for multi platform games. I dont see the issue

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are there examples were views weren't correlated to final sales? Positively or negatively.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Are there examples were views weren't correlated to final sales? Positively or negatively.
fallout 76. it had a massive viewing (and not just from ads like many are saying), but ended up selling horribly for fallout standards..
It runs as a ad to me on YouTube. Does it count towards the views?
yes it does, wasnt aware it was used as an ad, this makes the viewcount unreliable then.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Good news for Activision I guess.

Also, fair warning for the posters above that whining about threads is generally against the rules.

Don't like a thread? Don't post in it.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
The thing about sharing these kind of views updates - is that there needs to be meaningful context for it to be discussion-worthy imo.

For example - CoD reveal trailers always do great numbers. So the framing should be:

- How did this viewership do compare to CoD WW2/BLOPS4/AW/IW in the same time-frame?
- The abnormal spike in viewership in the past 24 hours, that increased viewcount significantly - but not in likes. By comparison, CoD WW2 reveal trailer had 23 mil views and 1 mil likes, but this one only has less than half the like amount.
- Importance of these view numbers in context to IP/franchise

For example, CoD is so huge a franchise these numbers are expected. So it's not really all that news-worthy.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Hope that means that, with cross play too, the lesser played modes are fully populated this time around. Kill Confirmed lobbies for days!

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia

Fallout 76 and Mass Effect Andromeda were games with strong metrics. High engagement, a lot of interest, etc etc.It was doing good numbers - relative to the hardcore base. The actual sales turned out to be rather disappointing, due to very negative response in the mid-to-final stage of marketing.

By the way, disappointing sales for Fallout 76 and MEA are still significantly higher than games that had very low views/but high critical reception anyway. Like Hitman 2.

A positive side view is for Sekiro. Its metrics were initially disappointing, I would peg them at around 30% lower than Souls average - but in the last 3-weeks, the game's metrics improved a lot.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
All this attention will make the criticisms of all the terrible mtx that is bound to be in this game that much louder. Prove me wrong Activison.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
The more important thing is the reception is super positive. That's the key. This is going to be big.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
people gotta be doing something with their time I guess, however irrelevant
am i the only one who thinks this new era trend is dumb as fuck
No, it is dumb. Everything is "big news" these days.

I think this thread isn't good - but I broadly disagree. Ultimately, these kind of data is very useful as an insight to high-level interest/awareness of games of various sizes and there are a lot of interesting discussions to be had around how people respond to these details.

With the right context, this is good data that is fun to analyse and break down. For example - this is probably the first CoD reveal trailer ever that is 'ad-boosted', that is an interesting discussion point, etc etc.

Deleted member 36037

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2017
It's impressive considering that when I search for "Call of Duty Modern Warfare" on youtube I can't find the official version. Only thing that comes up is 1. Gamespots reupload with 6M views. 2-100. Stupid reaction or analysis videos with 10-300k views.

Supreme Leader Galahad

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
The thing about sharing these kind of views updates - is that there needs to be meaningful context for it to be discussion-worthy imo.

For example - CoD reveal trailers always do great numbers. So the framing should be:

- How did this viewership do compare to CoD WW2/BLOPS4/AW/IW in the same time-frame?
- The abnormal spike in viewership in the past 24 hours, that increased viewcount significantly - but not in likes. By comparison, CoD WW2 reveal trailer had 23 mil views and 1 mil likes, but this one only has less than half the like amount.
- Importance of these view numbers in context to IP/franchise

For example, CoD is so huge a franchise these numbers are expected. So it's not really all that news-worthy.
Exactly, also i think this video has less views than IW by the same time, dislikes considered.

Oct 25, 2017
people gotta be doing something with their time I guess, however irrelevant
We're on a gaming forum, I think just as a matter of fact most of us probably aren't doing anything important just not working or staving off soul-crushing loneliness or whatever the fuck. Might as well post about engagement numbers.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I remember the days when everyone hated the CoD trailers, they had many dislikes over the Battlefield trailers. Funny how the tables have turned :P

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Isn't this like the same thing every year? It isn't a surprise. Its the most appealing game for all the casuals worldwide