• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 3, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
Here's a link to the discord: https://discord.gg/pjNmTf6nZT

FREE TO PLAY :

Call of Duty: Warzone 2 launches at 10 am PT on Wednesday, November 16
. Activision is planning to take the current Warzone down for maintenance two hours prior to that, so there will be no Warzone for about two hours on November 16. Here's when Warzone 2 comes online:

• 10:00 am PT
  • 1:00 pm ET
  • 6:00 pm GMT
  • 7:00 pm CET
  • 5:00 am AEDT, November 17
Preloading for Warzone 2 has already begun as of Monday, November 14.

WARZONE 2.0 OVERVIEW
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-002.jpg

• Al Mazrah, Home of Warzone 2.0: Use 18 major points of interest to plot out your victory in Battle Royale or explore them en route to extraction in the brand-new DMZ experience.
  • Ready for the New Era: Masses of gameplay innovations and new features make Warzone 2.0 an incredible experience, built on community learnings since Call of Duty®: Next.
  • A Shift in Perspective: Third-Person Playlists Coming In-Season to Warzone 2.0: For the first time in Warzone history, we welcome fans of third-person Battle Royale action during Season 01.

Welcome to Al Mazrah — New Big Map
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-003.jpg

Central to the Modern Warfare II universe, the city of Al Mazrah within the United Republic of Adal is your first battleground for Warzone 2.0.
Those who are playing Modern Warfare II right now are getting some serious training on Al Mazrah. For example, the following Multiplayer maps are subsections of this massive region:
  • Al Bagra Fortress (Core Map)
  • Embassy (Core Map)
  • Zarqwa Hydroelectric (Core Map)
  • Taraq (both Core and Battle Map)
  • Sariff Bay (Battle Map)
  • Sa'id (Battle Map)
We already gave a brief overview of Al Mazrah here. Expect an expanded map guide before launch.

Warzone 2.0 Innovations, Updates Since Call of Duty: Next
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-004.jpg

Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is ready to make its impact as a rebuilt, free-to-play, free-for-everyone take on the Battle Royale game that has redefined the Call of of Duty® franchise.
Before the Season 01 launch, an entire blog will be dedicated to diving deeper into new features and mechanics that have been updated since what was shown at Call of Duty: Next. For now, here is a taste of the biggest highlights we can share:

Loadouts Are Not Leaving
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-005.jpg

Custom Loadouts are back for Warzone 2.0.
Similar to the original Call of Duty®: Warzone™, Loadouts play a large role in what makes this game unique, and in this new era, players will have quicker access to their Loadout's primary benefit: the Primary Weapon. There are three ways to earn a Loadout, or at least, a Primary Weapon:
  • Shops – Players can use in-match Cash at the Shops (new name for the Buy Station) to purchase their Primary Weapon from their created Loadouts.
  • Loadout Drop Public Event – Loadout Drops will drop into Al Mazrah in the middle of Battle Royale matches. However, these are not limited or assigned to individual squads, but instead can be accessed by any players.
  • Strongholds and Black Sites – Players can also earn their Loadout in the early game as a reward for clearing a Stronghold or a Black Site.
Additionally, in-match Cash can be used to purchase your Primary Weapon from created Loadouts.

Looting Mechanics: Battle Royale Remaining Traditional, New Backpack System in DMZ
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-006.jpg

Warzone 2.0 will implement a new Backpack system, fully integrated for DMZ and streamlined for Battle Royale modes.
In Battle Royale, like the previous Warzone, Supply Boxes will throw out items to pick up. When a player interacts with any other loot container, such as a duffel bag, medical case, they will function with a loot menu.
When a player dies, they will drop their Primary Weapon on the ground and their Backpack, which contains the rest of their content, and is accessed through a loot menu.

Defining the New Gulag
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-007.jpg

After Next, the new Gulag received some changes over the past two months while still being grounded within a traditional Warzone experience.
The Gulag will be a 2v2 environment where randomly paired Duos must coordinate to take down their opposition. All players will receive a predefined Loadout — at launch, this will be a Pistol or a Shotgun, a Lethal Grenade, and a Tactical Grenade — with highly effective weaponry and gear placed toward the map's center.
The Gulag will also include a Jailer, who will appear in the middle of the match to help speed up combat. Defeating the Jailer will return all four Gulag prisoners back into the Battle Royale, which offers a dilemma: Do both Duos agree to wait and fight this powerful enemy together, or does one get greedy and try to go for the elimination victory?
Instead of a traditional Overtime mechanic, if neither team nor the Jailer is eliminated after a brief period of time, all four Operators lose.

AI Combatants in Battle Royale — Only at Strongholds, Black Sites, Gulag Overtime
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-008.jpg

The Gulag is just one of three places where players can fight AI combatants, as they will be restricted to guard specific locations.
The other two locations are Strongholds and Black Sites, which are clearly designated on your in-game Tac-Map to allow you to opt-into engagements with AI combatants.
During each match, several Strongholds will be activated around the map. Squads can visit these areas to fight AI combatants. The first team to complete a Stronghold must disarm a bomb and will earn a key to a Black Site and their Custom Loadout. Successive teams must eliminate a specific number of defenders (AI or players) and will earn their Custom Loadout, but not a Black Site key.
Black Sites are a more dangerous form of Strongholds, but they offer a permanent Weapon Blueprint reward and even more valuable in-match items for those who clear it out. These are available only via Black Site key, given to the first team that clears one of the active Strongholds.

Additional New Features: Aquatic Combat, New Vehicles and Fuel Mechanic, and More
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-009.jpg

Not everything will be different from what we saw at Next. In addition to some other new features, expect the following in Warzone 2.0:
Circle Collapse
There may not be only one safe zone — in Battle Royale modes, there can be up to three circles within the collapse, which will ultimately remerge for the final showdown. Prepare to adjust your strategies accordingly, as this feature is randomized in each match.
Proximity Chat
Got something to say? Comms are now open, so any in-game chatter can be picked up by any other squad. This can open up new ways to tackle engagements . . . or mess with enemies who are holed up inside buildings.
Assimilation
In squad-based DMZ modes, as well as special Battle Royale playlists, you have the choice to join up with enemy Operators and form a larger squad.
Interrogation (Battle Royale and DMZ only)
In squad-based modes, intel is everything. Reveal enemy locations by successfully shaking down player-controlled enemies while they are downed.
Heavy Chopper and Hummer EV
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-010.jpg

Two new vehicles define the refreshed vehicle roster for Warzone 2.0: an aerial powerhouse known as the Heavy Chopper, which can hover in the air without a pilot, and the and the GMC HUMMER EV Pickup, a versatile means to quickly cover serious ground with the whole squad in this all-electric supertruck.
Here is the full roster of vehicles you can expect to find in Al Mazrah:
ATV: Nimble three-seater with little protection
UTV: All-terrain lightweight four-seater.
Hatchback: Four-door civilian vehicle without any significant protection.
SUV (Standard): All-terrain civilian 4x4 with a boxy frame.
GMC Hummer EV: All-electric supertruck engineered for off-road.
Cargo Truck: Large industrial vehicle with a flatbed.
Light Helo: Twin-engine light helicopter for rapid traversal and combat support.
Heavy Chopper: Heavily armored search-and-rescue helicopter.
RHIB: Maneuverable tactical boat designed for Special Forces.
Armored Patrol Boat: Reinforced aquatic vehicle with mounted .50 Cal machine guns.
Vehicle Fuel, Gas Station Mechanic
No more unlimited fuel sources — all vehicles (yes, including the EV) use fuel over time, and when it runs out, that vehicle is no longer usable. Vehicles can be refilled either with Gas Cans found around the map or at Gas Stations.
Gas Stations can also repair body damage and tires, thereby restoring vehicle health. However, Operators can also perform flat tire repairs anywhere in the world by interacting with individual tires.
Aquatic Combat
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-011.jpg

Whether by boat or breaststroke, Operators can navigate waterways, rivers, and the open sea as part of their overall victory strategy. Remember: only Sidearms, melee weapons, and Throwing Knives can be used while you're submerged. Also, try using Lethal and Tactical Equipment on or underwater for a wide variety of potentially destructive effects.
The Shops: Buy Station 2.0
Each Buy Station contains a unique set of items for purchase in limited quantity, including Killstreaks, Armor Plates, and more. You can see these offerings, and can buy back fallen squadmates, within a new interface.

Here's a link to the discord: https://discord.gg/pjNmTf6nZT

Last edited:
DMZ overview
OP
OP
Blake the drunk
Sep 3, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
DMZ — Play Your Way in a Completely New Warzone Experience
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-012.jpg

In addition to traditional Warzone modes — Battle Royale Solos, Duos, Trios, and Quads — Warzone 2.0 will launch with a brand-new experience known as DMZ.
DMZ is an open-world, narrative-focused extraction mode where Operator squads have free rein to complete faction-based missions, take on additional side objectives, engage with enemy Operators or AI combatants, and search for valuable items, all while fighting to survive toward exfiltration.
Expect a Tactical Overview into this mode closer to its launch next week.

Coming In-Season: Third-Person Playlists
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-013.jpg

As announced at Next, Warzone 2.0 will include Third-Person Playlists.
This shift in perspective could completely change the Battle Royale fundamentals in Call of Duty, allowing for different visibility tactics and an altered, but still action-packed gameplay feel. Modern Warfare II owners can already get a taste of Third-Person now through the game's Multiplayer.
Third-Person Playlists will be introduced into the Battle Royale weekly rotation during Season 01.

Warzone Intermission, Relaunch as Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Caldera
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-014.jpg

While we look ahead to Warzone 2.0, we also want to address our plans for Call of Duty: Warzone:
Access to Call of Duty: Warzone continues as normal until November 16, when a short "intermission" takes place during the launch window of Warzone 2.0:
  • At approximately 8 AM PT on November 16, Call of Duty: Warzone servers will temporarily go offline as Call of Duty®: Vanguard Season Five concludes.
  • At approximately 10 AM PT, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 will be released as part of Modern Warfare II Season 01.
  • During this time, studio development resources (led by Raven Software) will be focused on ensuring the new Warzone 2.0 free-to-play ecosystem is running effectively.
  • At this time, you are encouraged to jump in and play Warzone 2.0 for free.
  • Once the Warzone 2.0 ecosystem is fully stable, and after a small development break for Thanksgiving for the developers who observe this U.S. holiday, Warzone is planned to be relaunched as Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera as a separate experience. This will happen at approximately 10 AM PT on November 28.
  • As a token of our appreciation, those who played Call of Duty: Warzone will be gifted a few items to use in Warzone 2.0.

Relaunch — Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera
MWII-SEASON-01-ROADMAP-015.jpg

Following the relaunch, you will have two different Warzone games you can play: Warzone 2.0 and Warzone Caldera.
Warzone 2.0's weapons, progression, and inventory systems will be tied to the new Modern Warfare II content and systems. This is due to a combination of feedback from the community, technical limitations, and a need to simplify the next and newest Warzone to create a seamless player experience moving forward.
Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera continues as a separate game from Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0. Expect the following gameplay experiences within Warzone Caldera once it launches:
  • Player progression, cross-progression for XP and Weapon XP, inventories, Battle Pass content, weapons, Store Bundles, and other purchases from Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® (2019), Call of Duty®: Warzone™, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War, and Call of Duty®: Vanguard will be accessible only within Warzone Caldera (and within their respective games).
  • Expect to access a standard Battle Royale Playlist.
  • Modern Warfare II or Warzone 2.0 content, including new Battle Pass and Store Bundles, will not be available.
  • 2XP and 2WXP Tokens will not be transferrable between Warzone Caldera and Warzone 2.0.
  • While Warzone Caldera won't have an in-game store, COD Points will be transferrable between all games.
  • Rebirth Island and Fortune's Keep maps will not be present when Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera becomes available to play.
  • For those fans of small Battle Royale maps, expect exciting developments in Warzone 2.0 during future seasons.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I'll probably have the AUG assault rifle as primary and overkill a Fennec as secondary. I'm gonna miss my good old Ram7, got so many first place with it, weapon of choice!

I still have no idea how to preload on PS5, I have MW2 installed, the licence for Warzone 2, the small 2Go package, and that's all. Can't find any other package and no download auto started so far.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Booked off the weekend to dive in. Finna play on Steam Deck because I'm just that crazy.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any idea on any kind of meta so far? Want to level some guns before WZ launches tomorrow.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
I haven't played Call of Duty since Black Ops 4 and I felt like I missed out on the original Warzone train so I'm looking forward to this launching tomorrow. I've been playing Apex recently so I've at least gotten back into the Battle Royale genre...DMZ seems interesting though. Haven't played Tarkov or anything though...I guess Hunt but not to any length. I don't think I'll ever really get into whatever meta game there is...I just want to drop in and kill some fools. If I get obsessed and want to start streaming that'll be a different story. Gotta try it out though

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a video online not sure if it was legit or not. Is the Warzone 2 map made up of classic MW maps like shipment and rust? Or was that bs?

BIG-JG

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! finally a OT. PSA Twitch/YouTube streamers are starting WZ 2 streams 6am pacific time tomorrow. I'm excited for this I've watched all the current vids and the map is outstanding from what I can tell.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Is the proximity chat like proper proximity based chat where it sounds like someone is far if they are far and vice versa or just you are close enough to hear to someone you hear them at the same volume as someone an inch away from you.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is the proximity chat like proper proximity based chat where it sounds like someone is far if they are far and vice versa or just you are close enough to hear to someone you hear them at the same volume as someone an inch away from you.

Actually it is true Proximity Based based on the blog post. Although maybe not like super far obviously.

Proximity Chat

Got something to say? Comms are now open, so any in-game chatter can be picked up by any other squad. This can open up new ways to tackle engagements . . . or mess with enemies who are holed up inside buildings.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I figured, I think it's already in Ground War/Invasion and idk it's kinda of lame.

I guess most of the people will use the closed in-game chat system (that now supports channels and so on) before using the proper in-match one where you can hear others.

Not to mention that 90% of the player base will migrate to Discord once for all when it arrives on all consoles.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Is Verdansk ever coming back
To Warzone Mobile.

I feel like Verdansk was so popular at this point it will probably return somehow eventually in main Warzone.
Honestly a redesign into abandoned ruins would be an amazing way to skirt around the nuke and zombie thing without throwing it out completely and would be perfect for a 2nd DMZ map.
Would basically give them a legally distinct Pripyat

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
For Context I have MWII proper installed and with Season 1 and Warzone 2 Downloaded, my game is now 51GB.

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Will the stuff I bought carry over?

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So have the sweats decided which loadouts will be best? Which guns should I focus on leveling?
Not sure.

But if I were to guess it would be:

AR:
Kastov 762 - Best AR
TEQ - Best AR for high skilled players
M4 - Most versatile AR
AK74U - Best AR to combine with Sniper Loadout

SMG:
Guessing it'll be the Fennec

Sniper:
One of the SPR platform. Probably the SP-X80 or the SPR Marksman.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I didnt realize that points carried. I used them all. :-(

Im in for this but I feel its coming in hot and will likely be a janky mess, but at least this one launches with some form af anti-cheat.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Sniper:
One of the SPR platform. Probably the SP-X80 or the SPR Marksman.
Would've guessed the heavier / more accurate snipers would be better for warzone. Not sure which has the best bullet velocity but that'll be much more relevant on the big map.

I'll probably try STB (AUG AR) with one of the first 2 snipers, personally.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Would've guessed the heavier / more accurate snipers would be better for warzone. Not sure which has the best bullet velocity but that'll be much more relevant on the big map.

I'll probably try STB (AUG AR) with one of the first 2 snipers, personally.
I'm just wildly guessing here so you could be right. But WZ1 definitely skewed a bit towards faster snipers with the Kar, and when the SPR came it out it was kind of over for the actual sniper rifles as it was a Kar combined with a regular sniper pretty much.

I absolutely don't know the stats, but I'm pretty sure the first two snipers won't be the best picks. They are both semi auto with pretty good fire rate, so going by the previous game balance they gotta have either horrible bullet velocity and/or bullet drop.