PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Did they improve the technical aspects of the guns for Warzone or are they stuck with Treyarch's poor animation and sound as well?

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
so is there actually cold war exclusive content for Warzone now? Like you cant ever get the weapon for use in WZ without owning Cold War?

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I've noticed that on pc, the name of the game in the blizzard app has changed from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to Call of Duty: Warzone.

I kinda like the new menus. I guess they are similar to what was in cold war? I bought that during the sale, but haven't played yet.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
had two double xp tokens before the update. both are gone now...

Looks like a trending topic on the subreddit:

edit: one commenter seems to think the xp tokens you got in warzone can now only be used in MW multiplayer? I'll check that out.

edit 2: yep the tokens I had available in warzone are now only in MW multi-player. So that's weird. You earn different tokens depending on what you play now?

Last edited:

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Are we going to get standard trio's and quads on this new map or will it be just the resurgence mode?

Have to say I am disappointed all this hype for a new map and it's just a reskin of Alcatraz I expected something bigger maybe not Verdansk big but something greater than this at least.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Are we going to get standard trio's and quads on this new map or will it be just the resurgence mode?

Have to say I am disappointed all this hype for a new map and it's just a reskin of Alcatraz I expected something bigger maybe not Verdansk big but something greater than this at least.

I mean they have to be working on new main maps, just a question of when I guess. Wasnt there a new map teased like many seasons ago? At least there is something "new" now. they probably don't want to pull too many people away from Cold War with a totally new shiny map in WZ, but who knows.

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
FYI this is wrong. They have apparently changed almost every stat on the cold War guns, apart from bullet velocity. Damage, recoil, reload times etc. Have all been changed.
Wrong how? I said "without any immediately identifiable changes". Things like damage, bullet velocity, recoil, reload speed, ADS times, and so on are immediately identifiable as unaltered.

Bullet velocity pretty much invalidates every BOCW gun at range. You have to lead targets so aggressively that getting kills with those weapons is pretty much out of the question without velocity boosting barrels. Even still, WZ's slowest velocity weapons are comparable to BOCW's fastest. It's a mess.

The fact that there's no way to tell how the weapons have been changed (if at all), and that the attachment effects are identical to BOCW's in the UI in spite of often not making sense (such as dropshotting being doable without attachments).

The animations and general weapon balancing have been taking from BOCW and thrown into a game where they absolutely do not fit. It's a fucking mess and they had months to prepare, knowing this would happen.
Did they improve the technical aspects of the guns for Warzone or are they stuck with Treyarch's poor animation and sound as well?
New guns animate stiffly, look awful, and sound fake.

LeBigMac

Oct 26, 2017
Wrong how? I said "without any immediately identifiable changes". Things like damage, bullet velocity, recoil, reload speed, ADS times, and so on are immediately identifiable as unaltered.

Bullet velocity pretty much invalidates every BOCW gun at range. You have to lead targets so aggressively that getting kills with those weapons is pretty much out of the question without velocity boosting barrels. Even still, WZ's slowest velocity weapons are comparable to BOCW's fastest. It's a mess.

The fact that there's no way to tell how the weapons have been changed (if at all), and that the attachment effects are identical to BOCW's in the UI in spite of often not making sense (such as dropshotting being doable without attachments).

The animations and general weapon balancing have been taking from BOCW and thrown into a game where they absolutely do not fit. It's a fucking mess and they had months to prepare, knowing this would happen.

New guns animate stiffly, look awful, and sound fake.

I agree that the update is garbage and little to no thought has been put into weapon balancing, but your comment that there is no noticeable changes to the coldwar guns is incorrect. Almost every stat (ADS speed, damage, recoil etc) has been changed for every gun.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The introduction of the cw guns has also introduced sandbox redundancy, like now we have 2 mp5s, 2 aks, 2 m16s, 2 rpks, etc. this has to be one of the bare minimum updates I've seen in a while

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
so i was trying out the stoner 63 and had the Susat multi zoom optic on it and noticed 2 things:

1) i cant change the reticle, it says there are no customizations for it

and more importantly

2) the scope seems bugged, theres a clear circle in the center of the optic that isnt in the cold war one. idk what that is supposed to be but it looks weird lol

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I agree that the update is garbage and little to no thought has been put into weapon balancing, but your comment that there is no noticeable changes to the coldwar guns is incorrect. Almost every stat (ADS speed, damage, recoil etc) has been changed for every gun.
You're right, I misread what you said. That's my bad.

Even still, this "merger" was extremely sloppily done, and feels like two games' sandboxes were clumsily thrown together with only the bare minimum done to make sure it wouldn't be a complete disaster.

It begs the question: why bother if it's so readily apparent that it wasn't ready?

Oct 25, 2017
This update is pretty damn terrible and came at time where Warzone was getting stale, it's doing next to nothing for the excitement for this game.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
After giving Rebirth Island a few hours, BOCW weapons feel bolted on in a way that's indescribably bland. They don't feel integrated, they feel intrusive. Even after balance patches come along to even things out, it's not going to stop the customization from feeling like it comes from a different game entirely (because it does), nor will it fix the extremely shoddy animation work.

Comparing the animations of BOCW's ARs and SMGs to Modern Warfare's, it's night and day: MW's animations are fluid, realistic, and feel natural. BOCW's are stiff, cartoonish, and look awkward and unfinished.

By the time CoD 2021 rolls around and gets integrated into Warzone, serious changes are going to be necessary to keep the game from ballooning out of control. Once three studios have their wildly different artistic aesthetics, animation styles, and character designs running around in one game, it's going to look even worse than it does now.

Perhaps worst of all is just how incredibly boring and frustrating Rebirth Island is. The respawn mechanics are bad, since the map is so tiny that respawning basically guarantees enemies can land right on top of you. The map itself is recycled from a two year old Blackout map, and the respawning crates means folks can camp areas out and keep opening the same boxes over and over.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a trending topic on the subreddit:

edit: one commenter seems to think the xp tokens you got in warzone can now only be used in MW multiplayer? I'll check that out.

edit 2: yep the tokens I had available in warzone are now only in MW multi-player. So that's weird. You earn different tokens depending on what you play now?
Gotta add extra value to those Playstation exclusive tokens.

Oct 25, 2017
By the time CoD 2021 rolls around and gets integrated into Warzone, serious changes are going to be necessary to keep the game from ballooning out of control. Once three studios have their wildly different artistic aesthetics, animation styles, and character designs running around in one game, it's going to look even worse than it does now
2021 is either going to be MW2 or Black Ops IIIII so that isn't a big worry.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
after playing a while it really feels like almost nothing at all has changed . new gulag? well. some new weapons here and there. attack chopper...
We played one round of rebirth Island and meh. For the "hype" it's a real weak update.

I'm in love with akimbo m19's as secondary. They also make me very confidend and aggressive in going into close combat situations.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
Pretty poor update really. It feels like the CW guns are all incredibly underwhelming and are absolutely no match for the MW "beam" weapons (such as Kilo, M4, M13 etc...).

I give it 2 weeks before absolutely no one is using CW weapons and everyone is back using MW weapons. Which really doesn't help the game feel new at all. They really needed to add a new BR map with this update. The new small map is okay, but Verdansk needs to be replaced already.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i'm trying to do the first adler operator mission from the battle pass, which is to get kills with a silenced weapon. i've definitely got at least 10 kills while using my silenced gun in warzone, but i have zero progress. is this bugged?

is BOCW MP required? if so, fuck that.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
So yeah, Ghost is broken. Every single one of my classes has ghost on it, so there's no reason why I should show up on this guys HBM. Same thing happened to my teammate too

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i'm trying to do the first adler operator mission from the battle pass, which is to get kills with a silenced weapon. i've definitely got at least 10 kills while using my silenced gun in warzone, but i have zero progress. is this bugged?

is BOCW MP required? if so, fuck that.
Oof if that's true, what a massive oversight and fuck up.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that a LTM mode from Blackout is now the "big" annual content drop for Warzone.

And here I was hoping for a completely new map.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
So apparently there's a glitch in Warzone now that lets you become completely invisible (and possibly invulnerable). Just died to a guy doing it

Siiiick

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck do they allow these exploits every damn time? Fucking got killed by an invisible enemy, he had 47 kills. I can't believe it, it's always something with this game and it always takes them forever to fix.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have a glitch where I click any Playlist in warzone, the screen goes black and im back on the menu. What the fuck man

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Invisibility glitch is everywhere. Had it ruin multiple games tonight.

Rebirth island is a cool mode and pretty fun, good to breakup long sessions or warmup with. Really hope they are working on a full new map for BR though.

Yeah, I got killed from it as well.

Besides the MAC 10, what Cold War weapons are worth using?

I found the Pellington in the ground loot to be quite good, also the RPK.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I kept getting error 5476, but fixed it by changing my calling card/emblem to not be random.

...how do I join a Rebirth Island game? Couldn't find it in my playlists.

Edit: Found it as the Trios playlist

Last edited:

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
lost three late warzone games to invisible cunts

but i blame inifnity ward and treyarch and whoever for not hotfixing this shit.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention that you can cheese a team respawn by just floating in the air which just seems cheap. The timer should only start once you are on the ground.
I think helicopters could be OP for a while. I got 2nd twice in a row while solo just by flying around in it.

No one seems to take rocket launchers in, and if anyone tries to shoot at you, another team on the ground wipes them out as the map is so small.

If I actually had two teammates, who could scavenge guns and then jump out at the end and kill the stragglers, I reckon some wins would be relatively straight forwards.

Until everyone brings launchers.....

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Posted this map over on the other CW thread too. It's a decent overview of the island.

cod-warzone-rebirth-island-map-2021.jpg

leezy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else encountering some sort of bug where your game screen freezes when picking up a loadout? We found that getting downed somewhat fixes it

Happened to my squad 3-4 times tonight. Pretty annoying.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised people are caught off guard that they had to change the stats of the guns so much to fit into Warzone. What did they all expect? They are extremely different games. Some of the LMGs don't even have any vertical recoil in CW. Imagine porting that straight over into Warzone and what a mess that would be in Verdansk.

But it does go to show that the guns in CW are a significant step down in terms of graphical fidelity, animation, and feel. Even ported over into the MW engine they just feel slightly out of place. And some of the animations, especially ADS animations, are really poor and funky. Hopefully, they will tweak them as time goes on.

In the end, I think it's pretty clear that, even though it's a pretty cool idea to bridge to multiple CoD games and bring the CW guns into Warzone, it's just not a smart decision as they are two completely different games that don't really play well together. The fun thing about MW/WZ combination is that you can level up your gun, test it out, work on different builds and transfer all that knowledge and skill over to WZ directly (apart from a few guns that have some WZ specific tweaks). That just isn't here now. It's a pretty pointless transfer.

I was expecting CW to be pretty much an expansion pack to MW and if they wanted to do any form of proper integration that was the way they should've done it.

Edit: I also see a lot of people upset that the CW guns don't have a monolithic suppressor. But they probably should remove that attachment anyway, or nerf it, so that it's not such a no brainer. Making your gun slightly worse to remain of the mini-map, or improve your gun but show up on the map is a much more interesting choice than choose the attachment that improves your gun AND takes you off the mini map.