Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is jankier than Blackout was at launch. Eternal waits for a match, that annoying sound everytime somebody joins, lobbies starting with barely any players, the horrible audio of the base game, barely any feedback on hits, confusing or glitched challenges (I had one for finding 3 crates but I personally found two and it never progressed), awkward parachuting. The gulag sounds is a unique way to handle respawns but it's just a one round mode of the bad gamemode from the original game that they're trying to propose again

It certainly is no Apex. Totally not feeling it so far, carries over most of the weak points of MW but few of its strengths. I'll try a couple more matches but I don't see me playing this for long.

Oct 25, 2017
I own CODMW, if this is relevant. Do I need to install 185gb of this game just to play warzone? Holy shit this game is like 75% bigger than I remember at launch.

CrewShadow

Feb 5, 2018
I went to update on xbox earlier, got a 14gb update then started the game back up and was greeted with an 80gb update after that. For owning the game still had to download 94gbs. Sigh, well try to atleast the xbox servers are getting slammed can't even get above 5mbs download.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is jankier than Blackout was at launch. Eternal waits for a match, that annoying sound everytime somebody joins, lobbies starting with barely any players, the horrible audio of the base game, barely any feedback on hits, confusing or glitched challenges (I had one for finding 3 crates but I personally found two and it never progressed), awkward parachuting. The gulag sounds is a unique way to handle respawns but it's just a one round mode of the bad gamemode from the original game that they're trying to propose again

It certainly is no Apex. Totally not feeling it so far, carries over most of the weak points of MW but few of its strengths. I'll try a couple more matches but I don't see me playing this for long.
It's going to be hard to beat Apex, that one kinda perfected it in my eyes

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It's going to be hard to beat Apex, that one kinda perfected it in my eyes

Agreed but still so many of my old COD pals hated Apex. I need more time with Warzone to fully make a comment on it. I wasn't sure about Apex when it first arrived either but it definitely has some things that I find hard to live without.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to give this a shot. I'm worried about how long the games will be due to the massive map size (not a bad thing). MW has been really fun, so I hope that extends to this for some variety.

Anyone mind telling me their average time per game so far?

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Matchmaking is very buggy if it doesn't start the countdown as soon as you get into the prematch it's not gonna work you might as well back out.

On Xbox (OG) performance can be abysmal at times with bad pop in on textures.

But when it's working I've had a ton of fun. So many ways to get back in the match. Gulag is such a dope idea. And the 4500 cash to get back really isn't too steep. I'll be playing this trying to get a win ASAP.

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
Lobbies take too long, map is a bit too big, still needs some work. Could be good, but needs more.. something.. to give it that spark.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even getting kills left and right feels unearned because of the TTK and netcode, just like the base game. Not worth the 98GB of space taken.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Got into a game pretty quickly but everyone on the map had choppy movement. Im not sure how to explain it, but it looked like everyone was in stop animation kind of. Anyone else have that issue?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Is the 'Squad Fill' option so that it groups me with 2 other players? Leave this off so I can play solo in the squad game?
The fuck is with the lobbies? Was in one at 132/150 and then people started dropping
Yeah no idea, sounds like the one I was just in, dropped down to like 60/150 so I just dropped as well...

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
As I expected my PS4 is saying

"Cannot download.
To download the content, you must delete an application or video clip that is larger than 86.04 GB in system storage.

So this Warzone is the download size of Call of Duty Modern Warfare the full game?

I haven't read the thread yet.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
As I expected my PS4 is saying

"Cannot download.
To download the content, you must delete an application or video clip that is larger than 86.04 GB in system storage.

So this Warzone is the download size of Call of Duty Modern Warfare the full game?

I haven't read the thread yet.
Yes, if you already own Call of Duty MW (and don't have it currently installed) you're required to download ALL of it.

I ain't doing that. Shit is ridiculous.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've tried to play two matches - both times it freezes while I'm in the plane and I have to force quit through Task Manager. Super.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Yes, if you already own Call of Duty MW (and don't have it currently installed) you're required to download ALL of it.

I ain't doing that. Shit is ridiculous.

That's insane for if you own it. But it is also prompting me to do it WITHOUT owning Modern Warfare. Reading this last page it's happening on both PS and Xbox.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Pretty clear it was scaled back cause of console performance issue. The datamined stuff all said 200. Supposedly during the event they stated they wanted to try and get back to 200.

It isn't. Saw a brazilian YouTuber that visited IW and he said IW stated that it already runs with 200 players (and probably 4 man squads too) on all platforms, but they choose to reduce it at launch because it was more balanced.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
So i havent played yet but ive been watching some streams and it seems too easy to get your own loadout so it just becomes a massive sniper fest. The game looks really fun though.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
I keep getting stuck on the log-in and their god awful long splash screen isn't helping my annoyance here.

Edit: After the third attempt it's letting me skip it now.

Edit 2: Game keeps crashing even trying to log-in.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This game is kinda slow. And when you get your loadout, the looting excitement kinda goes away. So it makes you feel like okay let's fight, not much else to do. Which would be nice if there were people to find lol

Too many buildings and same slow gameplay and camping problem, eh

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I haven't played this yet but I already dislike how you can just buy a loadout drop and be decked.

Sorta defeats one of the major factors in a BR.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
The map aesthetics is kinda bland and boring.

I feel like it's hard to see what guns and other things you have. I also hate how some stuff auto pickups up like ammo but other things don't. Just make it so everything requires an action to pickup.

I've been playing a lot of regular MP but not sure how I like this compared to blackout.

I kinda want killstreaks gone and get rid of the loadouts. Also the noise crates make bothers me.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
holy fuck with the mandatory cutscenes and tutorials. Weve played a million BR games at this point and no one cares about the lore of whats happening here. Good god just let me play.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
See a guy...ping him, team are looting 20m away....ping ping...I take him out. Ping the area, request support via comms...they're still looting a few meters away, next guys here now, pinging...nothing, take him out...ping ping ping ping ping...nothing, the final guy comes down and kills me. I win the gulag and leave the game.

So i havent played yet but ive been watching some streams and it seems too easy to get your own loadout so it just becomes a massive sniper fest. The game looks really fun though.

Yeah it is easy, there is less reason to focus so much on looting... you don't need to keep looking for backpacks, scopes, higher level armour and helmets like PUGB. Get a few guns to survive, do a contract or find some cash, get your loadout...maybe pick up a self revive and you're set.

Might be a good thing...might be a lot of sitting around doing nothing.

Oct 29, 2017
Can someone tell me if there's a way to play with more than 3 people in a squad, that's just silly if it's 3 people per squad. Black ops had 4 minimum