• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Kraven The Hunter’ Heads To December, ‘Karate Kid’ To Chop Next Summer: Sony Release Date Changes

'Kraven the Hunter' Goes to December, 'Karate Kid' to Summer: Sony release date changes.

Sony has pushed their reboot of Karate Kid from Dec. 13 this year to May 30, 2025. This has created a bit of a backward domino effect but won't rob the year of theatrical releases. backfilling Karate Kid's spot is Sony/Marvel's Kraven the Hunter which goes from Aug. 30, the Labor Day weekend frame, to Dec. 13. The Aaron Taylor Johnson movie will have Imax and PLF screens.

J_Viper THE BET GOES ON

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So now Venom 3 comes first?? Deep implications for SPUMC lore.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
that new Karate Kid movie coming out this year was a weird decision from the beginning.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Two not-Spider-Man movies were released in the time that this one's been announced

Mister Ursine

Sep 10, 2023
Kraven as a trashy, R-rated genre movie felt well slotted in late August/early September. I really don't think it's going to do well during the holiday season. Vibes are totally off.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are they afraid Kraven will hurt Venom 3 sales?

They can't be too confident in the quality of the movie.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
So this movie is going to suck hard, right? The trailer wasn't great, and I don't know the character outside of the recent Spider-Man 2 game where he was absolutely the worst thing in it.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
So this movie is going to suck hard, right? The trailer wasn't great, and I don't know the character outside of the recent Spider-Man 2 game where he was absolutely the worst thing in it.
We'll see, they got a solid director who also wrote it, the action is filmed clearly and coherently. It's just a matter of how well you can sell such a dumb premise and how well that Rhino third act goes over.

OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine Shazam 2 ends up winning after all this lol

Honestly? It could happen. This isn't just a Madame Web situation where people not caring enough sinks it. The weekend it comes out, an animated LORD OF THE RINGS FILM is also coming out.

It'll also have leftovers from:
- Wicked Part 1
- Moana 2
- Gladiator 2

Shazam 2 wishes it had that excuse. The weekend to itself. The only leftovers it had to deal with was 65, Scream VI, and Creed III. And mind you, Scream VI and Creed III were obviously successes. But they weren't fucking Wicked and Moana. And a GOD DAMN LORD OF THE RINGS FILM.

You're going to tell me Kraven can't come under a $30 million opening weekend with a Lord of the Rings film showing up? Madame Web had $15 just dealing with Bob Marley. And Argylle leftovers.

I'm very likely cooked now. The only solace I can take is I technically never said I would change my avatar on this lol

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Just delay Kraven indefinitely, wait for Aaron Taylor-Johnson's stock to bump up significantly after the new James Bond release, release the movie, PROFIT??

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? It could happen. This isn't just a Madame Web situation where people not caring enough sinks it. The weekend it comes out, an animated LORD OF THE RINGS FILM is also coming out.

It'll also have leftovers from:
- Wicked Part 1
- Moana 2
- Gladiator 2

Shazam 2 wishes it had that excuse. The weekend to itself. The only leftovers it had to deal with was 65, Scream VI, and Creed III. And mind you, Scream VI and Creed III were obviously successes. But they weren't fucking Wicked and Moana. And a GOD DAMN LORD OF THE RINGS FILM.

You're going to tell me Kraven can't come under a $30 million opening weekend with a Lord of the Rings film showing up? Madame Web had $15 just dealing with Bob Marley. And Argylle leftovers.

I'm very likely cooked now. The only solace I can take is I technically never said I would change my avatar on this lol
Hmmm didn't realize it was launching the same weekend as anime LoTR, that one could be a surprise hit

I think the points in Kraven's favor are ATJ building his following decently well and the idea that JC Chandor might spin something half way decent from the material

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Surely Kraven The Hunter will actually make it out this year in 2024 right...right?

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
they probably looked at aquaman 2 doing well last december (despite everyone expecting it to tank).

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Chandor has no writing credit on the film. It's a for hire job, because he's never actually had a "hit hit".
It can go either way, but the circumstances aren't that far off from Nolan taking Batman Begins. Obviously no one should expect those results, but I think this will be better than people expect. Even if it ends up with a 55 RT.

OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm didn't realize it was launching the same weekend as anime LoTR, that one could be a surprise hit

I think the points in Kraven's favor are ATJ building his following decently well and the idea that JC Chandor might spin something half way decent from the material

I like how we're both just committed to the other one winning the bet instead of rooting for ourselves at this point lol