• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
www.youtube.com

Challengers - Official Trailer (2023) Zendaya, Josh O'Connor, Mike Faist

Check out the trailer for Challengers, an upcoming drama movie starring Zendaya, Josh O'Connor, and Mike Faist.Challengers stars Zendaya as Tashi Duncan, a f...

Challengers is the last Lucas Guadagnino movie. A film about love and sports focused on three tennis players played by Zendaya, Josh O'Connor and Mike Faist. And has a great OST by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. I thought the movie itself was great; maybe too many back and forth between various eras can drag the pace a bit and it gets a little excessive in terms of style but, overall, a pretty solid movie. But. I found the ending super confusing based on what little I think I know about tennis.

My understanding is that if a player or their racquet touches the net during a point, that point is automatically won by the opponent. is this true? And, unless the accelerated editing has me confused, Art jumps, touches the net and goes to the opposite side of the court while the ball is in play, right? So, I don't understand why Art is inferred to be the winner (the crowd, which was rooting for him, celebrates while Tashi screams in relief).