Oct 25, 2017
The guy brought his MOM?
Yup and ended up being the reason he was quickly ID'd.
(people recognized her in livestreams later, kept watching and there he was without a mask hanging with her at the hotel afterwards)
ErQsZ4vXEAg-Rrq

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. A lot of them fit the "stupid American" caricature to a tee, though others were clearly the violent type who were looking to commit murder.

On the other hand, if they looked like more organized insurrectionists, they might have been stopped before entering the capitol building.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
However they look, the end result is 5 people died and among them one policeman. So they re still dangerous and should not be underestimated. Especially since they essentially have part of the current administration behind them.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I get what the OP is saying. When I was watching it play out live on t.v. it just seemed overwhelmingly immature. There was the photo of a guy lounging in the Senate chair browsing his phone and another guy with his feet up in Pelosi's office holding up a letter. It seemed like a gross defilement by a bunch of idiots. Of course, we know now there were very dangerous people in the crowd, but at the time I just thought it was an overwhelming embarrassment.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Two men came in with zip ties, with one of them clearly set up to film/stream hostages/executions. One man planted pipe bombs at both the RNC and DNC. One man was arrested for possessing homemade napalm. Several people identified (including both men with zip ties and the woman who shot and died) were veterans with military training. There are currently investigations into several police and fire departments for cops and firemen who participated, with at least two Seattle cops suspended. At least two statehouses were invaded that same day, with plans online to invade every capital building and to invade with guns. One cop is being hailed as a hero specifically for luring rioters away from the Senate.

Yes, it's an army of clowns led by a carney. No, that doesn't change how violently dangerous this whole episode has been.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I was listening to a Turkish professor on NPR who studies coups around the world. She said every single successful coup starts off with people thinking it's "ridiculous" or a "joke". Nobody takes it seriously and then it's too late. Every time.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're looking at the goofs that wandered in and took a tour, sure -- watching the vanguard that forced their way in is a different story