Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I've been playing this game and to me it's just so crazy how much I love the forests in the game. I know this sounds cliche but it really does make you feel like your in a dense forest and the fact that it's randomly generated is amazing.

kmjkrg4s81h61.jpg

valheim-black-forest.jpg

valheim-black-forest-sneak.jpg

Trying to find some screenshots of the Black Forest (which is the locale of the 3 pictures above) at night when the fog rolls in but google is failing me. Will have to take them myself once I get back on.

But it's amazing how despite the game not being super high detailed, it's still nails the feeling. And it's all randomly generated! I think.

Only downside is all of the enemies... oh my there is so many enemies lol

Oct 30, 2017
South Coast, UK
It's such a great looking game, and i love the lighting especially. Golden hour sunlight glistening through the trees, it's gorgeous. Shame it isn't much fun to play, but hey it's early access.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
I was just commenting to my friends the other day how they are possibly the best forests I've ever seen in a game. The lighting, flowing terrain, and the brush are a big part of why but I think can easy element to overlook is the verticality. A lot of game trees are pretty short (40 feet?). The pines in the black forest are tall enough that you get a lush canopy with open space below, like an actual mature forest.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Is there a friendly Resetera discord or group for this game? I wanna get into this game, but none of my friends are gonna play this and I only wanna play this with people.