Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, because his community had to get it bot protected for it to even exist.

I see that I can't convince you that when space is it at a premium this applies to literally every pixel, that Hasan isn't entitled to a place on the board or that his botting is no more 'righteous' than any one else's just because HE CHOSE a subject that his feelings were attached to.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Very pleased to see that r/fuckcars managed to keep their spot close to the very center.

It's a great sub about the problems with car-centric urban planning and car dependency. And they got a lot attention and new subscribers thanks to r/place.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, because his community had to get it bot protected for it to even exist and that was only for his dog. His ahego car didn't white out.
I'm pretty sure it got whited out so fast because it was targeted heavily by Destiny's community, and you obviously can't defend it when you can only place white.

Same with the other hot spots like the french flag and Osu. I'm sure there were some bots, but the vast majority of that white is gonna come from the attacks

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's a nice Bluey and Bingo that are currently in the process of being washed away by the FUCK SPEZ tide.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Normally I'd be against the idea of Reddit getting it's cutesy little moment right now, but since it's being used to say Fuck Spez I'm in full support.

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
It would make sense to lock this thread and start a new one. This iteration definitely has a different, uh, vibe compared to last year's.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Yeah, fuck r/place and fuck Reddit.

I finally deleted the app, really out of spite for their asking for a monthly premium to change that new, godawful icon. I guess it was a long time coming… Reddit was dead to me after the death of Apollo.

Last edited:

Älg

Banned
May 13, 2018
I feel so out of the loop. Who is Spez?

And what the hell is New Reddit???
Spez (aka Steve Huffman) is the CEO of Reddit, currently being shit on for the recent changes to API monetization and the demise of third party apps.

"New Reddit" is just regular Reddit since 2018. Some people still prefer to use the old design of Reddit at old.reddit.com, which is obsolete since the launch of the new design.

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah, fuck r/place and fuck Reddit.

I deleted the app yesterday after 15 years yesterday, really out of spite for their asking for a monthly premium to change that new, godawful icon. I guess it was a long time coming… Reddit was dead to me after the death of Apollo.

There's a guide knocking about to allow you to use third party apps again, I'm still using Sync because of it. I'm not sure what the rules are on here with regards posting a link mind.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
They like to use it as a PR tool for the site, kind of hard to do if it's covered in F-bombs and snoos being decapitated.

A blank canvas isn't marketable either and sends a better message. I assure you the higher ups don't give a shit what people write on r/place as long as users are engaging with New Reddit and the official app.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
A blank canvas isn't marketable either and sends a better message. I assure you the higher ups don't give a shit what people write on r/place as long as users are engaging with New Reddit and the official app.
Yeah, but you can't expect the majority to leave it blank, there's already people trying to do the same thing they did with previous ones.

Jan 20, 2022
Spez (aka Steve Huffman) is the CEO of Reddit, currently being shit on for the recent changes to API monetization and the demise of third party apps.

"New Reddit" is just regular Reddit since 2018. Some people still prefer to use the old design of Reddit at old.reddit.com, which is obsolete since the launch of the new design.

"New reddit" is the shitty modern-esque social media design that's default now. old.reddit is the former more text heavy design. The old design makes skimming titles MUCH easier.
Got it. Thanks for the info. I'm all for shitting on CEO's so I'll co-sign that.

I've only been on Reddit since 2018 so "new" Reddit is basically "old" Reddit to me lol maybe it's because it's what I know, but I really don't like the old design. It just looks like late 90's/early 00's dot.com era internet with tons of clutter. I actually prefer the modern design

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
THe MLP fans are trying, but the lols are just too strong

3Nk6rFg.png

kess

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe no one has mentioned the horror that was the r/jerma985 spot.

Hey, it's the pixel version of Freaked's title sequence!

www.youtube.com

"FREAKED" TITLE SEQUENCE

Strata Cut Feature Titles by David Daniels 1992 for Alex Winter's Movie Freaked. Michael O'Donnel and Galen Beals also animated mixed media sections of this...

(oh this post is a year old...)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Orange Piccolo
Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Yeah, this isn't as exciting as last time. The energy and enthusiasm isn't the same. Making it yearly does take away a lot of the charm, I guess.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this isn't as exciting as last time. The energy and enthusiasm isn't the same. Making it yearly does take away a lot of the charm, I guess.

Honestly, I think it's more the mood surrounding reddit than it being yearly lol.

Doing this right after enacting possibly the most unpopular change in reddit history is a choice.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Never knew about this, but based on the title before clicking, I had assumed this was some neo-Nazi conservative wasteland hiding behind an innocuous subreddit…

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Well also Reddit's goodwill is in the trash right now, so even if people want to use it to say "Fuck Spez", there's just not a fun-loving air around the website lately.