Do you find it in the dark?

• No fucking chance. I always need light.

Votes: 104 26.1%
  • I know rudimentary where it is and have a 50:50 chance

Votes: 104 26.1%
  • A real man doesn’t need a light. He knows it by heart.

Votes: 97 24.4%
  • There is a power button!?

Votes: 93 23.4%

• Total voters

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
I don't use the power button but I do use eject
I use the light from the controller to figure the location
I always forget which side is eject and which is power

KentP

Oct 28, 2017
The PS button on the controller is pretty easy to find, though even then I've never needed to do so in absolute darkness. I can probably count the number of times I've used the on/off button on the console itself on one hand.

Menthuss

Oct 27, 2017
You have 2 power buttons so you can't really go wrong. It's just that one of the buttons also ejects the disk.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have a Pro and I can't find the buttons with the light on. And they bend weird like you can snap them off if you press them too hard. Weird design.

But I use the controller to turn it on and off so...

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, but it shouldn't be needed.

Why not just make a practical button instead.
Ok, than walk to your PS4 Pro and check where it is. Now you have acquired the skill to turn off your console in the dark.... Some off you make things so difficult for yourself..

But anyway, they could have made a button button for you and the op who need to turn off their machine without using the ds4 and or light.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I usually use a controller. I can turn it on if I need to in the dark, but it's a 50/50 chance if I accidentally hit the wrong button first and eject the disc (I generally just run my finger up and down that "line").

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
I don't think I've ever touched the power button on my pro. It auto boots when I change inputs so that's basically how I always do it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Literally just had to fumble around to find the eject button so I could pop my Tsushima disc in. So yeah!

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
It's the eject disc button that causes trouble for me. If I am not playing on the PS4 regularly I forget where the button is and where the disc goes in and out.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Only because I have a vertical stand for my base model, and I know it's on the right side of the console.

Mosaica

May 22, 2019
I can never remember which is Power and which is Eject. Need a look at them tiny ass symbols.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Nope, I have a habit of pressing eject when I need to hit the power button and vice versa. I mostly just use the controller and menu options to turn it off and remove discs.

DSoup

Oct 28, 2017
London
I hope to hell that PS5 has two physical buttons with clear iconography visible in the day and glowing LEDs for power and eject symbols visible in low-light situations. Both PS3 and PS4 are awful in this regard.

I have cheap crappy devices that do a better job of this.

Mukrab

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
I cant stand being in the dark unless im going to sleep. i turn my lights on when i wake up and turn them off when i go to sleep. It doesn't matter what im doing. I play games and watch movies with the lights on.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hell no. I just poke at it until it powers on. Or, you know, use the controller to power it on and off instead...

Actually, even when the lights are on, it's hard to find that tiny as fucking button. I just know it's on the side of the machine by the disc tray. I almost always end up pressing the Eject button instead, but since that powers the system on too, I just roll with it.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I never remeber which button is eject and which one is power on the normal PS4. It's always a 50:50 chance.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Yesteeday I couldn't even find the disc slot for inserting GoT, that's how rarely I touch my ps4. I tried poking the white light section multiple times lol.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I use the controller to turn the system on and I am mostly digital so I would need to look at the console for a minute to figure out the eject, lol.

Jul 1, 2020
The only good thing I can say about the PS4 Pro power button is that it is an actual button and not the capacitive kind used on the original PS4 model. Mine used to turn itself on and off all the time. The labels on all of the console's buttons are impossible to see and I have to find the buttons themselves by feel.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
But why?

I played tlou 2 on my pc monitor.
PC for standing in arms reach on my desk, but I still shut it down using my controller.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Yes. It's on the controller, easy to find.

But it's also easier to find in the dark on the actual system than on any other system, thanks to the design. Once you put your finger on it you know exactly where you are.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
i've owned a ps4 since launch and i still have to google how to turn it on and off without using my controller. As of right this minute i couldn't tell you how to do it lol