I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
giphy.gif
He's gonna destroy those Gorgonites and steal their unobtainium!

Not going to lie, if he came back from the dead through tree magic and became the big bad, I'd watch that movie in an instant.

Oct 31, 2017
This shit is actually hard.

I remembered a lot from BTTF, but drawing a blank on Jurassic Park (the OG movie with Sam Jackson and Jeff Goldbum) and LOTR besides Smiegel and Frodo. Hunger Games franchise made almost 3B and I don't remember any character's name from that franchise.

BTTF
Marty
Doc
Lorraine McFly
George McFly
Biff
Einstein
Old Man Biff I guess

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I can't name any other character in Titanic besides Jack and Rose. This doesn't mean much.

DJMicLuv

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All I can remember is that it was set in a place called Ferngully, there were a group of blue men and Smashmouth made a cameo. Other than that, nothing.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
  • Bland main guy in wheel chair.
  • Blue girl.
  • Blue girl's mom.
  • Blue asshole.
  • Sigourney Weaver.
  • Michelle Rodriguez.
  • Quircky scientist buddy.
  • Badass bad-guy.
  • Corporate idiot.
Am i right ?

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Only thing I can name is unobtainium because I remember bursting out loudly with laughter when they said it - what a dumb movie

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Jake... and uhh....

Funny part is i just rewatched half the movie last week (friend wanted to see it on the 3d Oled)

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember the name of a single character from The Mission. I refer to the characters by their actor names. It is still one of the greatest films of all time, with one of the greatest soundtracks of all time.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Jujubees.

I'd completely forgotten Jake Sully's name and even Neytiri took me a while to remember.

For some reason the term Toruk Macto is stuck in my brain, though. :lol

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I only remember Miles Quaritch because there was a member on GAF and the only thing I remember about them is that they had the only name from Avatar that I remember.

I always forget about Jake and Neytiri until I read their names.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
No but I can remember the name of the world (pandora), the mcguffin (unobtainum) and the race (the na'avi) which imo were the highlights of the film and what actually stood out.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I just remember the name Sully because the bad guy yells "It's Sully" at some point in the final battle. This thread surprised me when I saw the name Jake and realised that's the same character.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Man, the actor who played Sully is such stiff, wooden actor. I hope they don't bring him back for the sequels.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I can't name any other character in Titanic besides Jack and Rose. This doesn't mean much.
Titanic has more memorable moments as well IMO, I don't see references to Avatar movie moments, well, ever.
Can you name a single character from The Godfather, The Godfather Part II or The Shawshank Redemption?
It would be wild if someone could not, especially the Godfather series, those movies are iconic and are referenced all the time in media. Not being familiar with Shawshank is whatever but that's not the #1 highest grossing movie of all time, far from it.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Weird I read the topic title last night and was like, "Haha no chance."

Saw it today and the name Jake Sully instantly popped in my head. I had to Google it to even see what it was and yes... Avatar character.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only 2 things I remember about Avatar are 1) that it was the first 3d movie I ever saw and it gave me one of the worst headaches in my life and it ruined cinemas for a solid 5 years when every goddamn movie was made in 3d because of it, and 2) scullibundo is obsessed with defending it on gaf/era for some reason.

A garbage movie. Will not be watching the 8 sequels.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Does Pandora count as a character? I feel like that's the somewhat pop culture mainstay of the film.