• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's your framing. And that is fine for you to think that.
However, your thoughts on my state of being isn't the subject of the thread and you should keep such nonsense to yourself.

And honestly, your obsession with me is becoming something unhealthy. I feel like I'm getting a stalker.

From now on engage me only on political points and leave your personal assumptions and attempts to manipulate me in your own head.

oh please. You do this to yourself.
You've obviously not convincing anyone (or trying to) and you post like a lunatic so don't be surprised when posters call you out

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
oh please. You do this to yourself.
You've obviously not convincing anyone (or trying to) and you post like a lunatic so don't be surprised when posters call you out
Stop obsessing about me.
RESETERA is suppose to be a well moderated site for people to share opinions and not be persecuted or attacked.
Whatever you are trying to do here it isn't to talk about Canada Politics
It's to share your opinion on The Hermit.
Stick to the subject of the thread.

If this is your way of countering the points I've made and you think you're hot shit because of it.
Think again, genius. You didn't address any of them.

edit: If anything you've proven me right. So, thanks for that. Although you could just say you agree with me. It would be kinder.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Directly below your quote from the same article:

They know that regular voters who aren't weird nerds like us don't consider electoral reform a top priority and aren't going to handicap themselves by including listing it with affordability issues. It's still important.
That's still not of the 6 conditions for co-operation with the Liberals. Which was the question asked by the poster.

Very likely right after Climate it would be PR for the Green. Climate being more important to the Green is no surprise.
They've a history and background to support that at all levels. Including their support for PR.

As for any NDP/Singh promise, Singh is a self-interested populist politician who's only credential, if you can call it that, for politics is smooth talking. Singh has no history of supporting electoral reform or standing for it. Or the environment. At least, not any that is talked about. Singh's making all sorts of promises in the soothing words different constutencies want to hear in the hope to get the voter's dreams pinned on him and fooling them into giving them the vote. There is little proven substance to Singh. And what is proven and known isn't much discussed.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As for any NDP/Singh promise, Singh is a self-interested populist politician who's only credential, if you can call it that, for politics is smooth talking. Singh has no history of supporting electoral reform or standing for it. Or the environment. At least, not any that is talked about. Singh's making all sorts of promises in the soothing words different constutencies want to hear in the hope to get the voter's dreams pinned on him and fooling them into giving them the vote. There is little proven substance to Singh. And what is proven and known isn't much discussed.

NDP's Jagmeet Singh pledges $15B for green jobs, fight against 'crisis of epic proportion'

Don't know what to make of your argument, you know there's tons of support for both environmental and PR efforts in the NDP, you know I can find it easily, you complain about not having positions while simultaneously disbelieving positions, you just keep repeating this tired whine about baseless attacks in your baseless attacks.

there's lots to complain about with the NDP - the USMCA thing was dumb, using old numbers too often, being too sweeping in their statements. But I can set my watch to Liberal corruption scandals, it's like clockwork. I don't hate the Liberals but they've been real comfy for too long and really fucked up Ontario and Atlantic Canada. The right wing parties are craven or insane. and the Greens are simply too small and chaotically disorganized to get any love from me. I wish they were better, for that party but aside from BC it's kind of a clown car, and I can accuse May personally of all the things i would criticize the NDP for, up there. I mean you want to talk about impossible lefty populism. I'm way up there top left corner on the infamous vote compass but the Greens seem to have zero sense of realpolitik. You're not gonna berate people into zero emissions.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown

NDP's Jagmeet Singh pledges $15B for green jobs, fight against 'crisis of epic proportion'

Don't know what to make of your argument, you know there's tons of support for both environmental and PR efforts in the NDP, you know I can find it easily, you complain about not having positions while simultaneously disbelieving positions, you just keep repeating this tired whine about baseless attacks in your baseless attacks.

there's lots to complain about with the NDP - the USMCA thing was dumb, using old numbers too often, being too sweeping in their statements. But I can set my watch to Liberal corruption scandals, it's like clockwork. I don't hate the Liberals but they've been real comfy for too long and really fucked up Ontario. The right wing parties are craven or insane. and the Greens are simply too small and chaotically disorganized to get any love from me. I wish they were better, for that party but aside from BC it's kind of a clown car, and I can accuse May personally of all the things i would criticize the NDP for, up there. I mean you want to talk about impossible lefty populism. I'm way up there top left corner on the infamous vote compass but the Greens seem to have zero sense of realpolitik. You're not gonna berate people into zero emissions.

Not bad for something finally cribbed together in a costed platform just last Friday. Rated 3rd behind the Liberals by an independent environmental group in a CTV report too. Could possibly dig up the CTV interview if it's online.
Lots of problems with how realistic it is too in the context of other promises. It's a pipe dream and environmentalism isn't something that has been reported that Singh has participated in before. Why should you or anyone trust him or the NDP in this promise?

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not bad for something finally cribbed together in a costed platform just last Friday. Rated 3rd behind the Liberals by an independent environmental group in a CTV report too. Could possibly dig up the CTV interview if it's online.
Lots of problems with how realistic it is too in the context of other promises. It's a pipe dream and environmentalism isn't something that has been reported that Singh has participated in before. Why should you or anyone trust him or the NDP in this promise?

found this- from June, same plan, Liberals not included as that plan just came out I think (zero by 2050, I.e. Not Enough)

again remember that JS is pretty new on the scene so yeah he's kind of an X factor, but the plan looks sound. the Green plan is very bold but basically un-sellable in its current form, and light on key details.

like take the pipeline example. Liberals bought a pipeline. Cons and PPC would have bought a pipeline. Bloc doesn't care if the pipeline isn't in Quebec. The idea of the NDP buying an oil pipeline is hilarious, as is the Greens, but of those two, one might get power, and the other is too unrealistic.

that said I'm happy the Liberals are going to take this election, I was truly concerned about the Cons (still am but less so), I want the NDP to be the opposition to push things reliably left instead of to the right. The whole fucking planet is moving right, we need to step up.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
found this- from June, same plan, Liberals not included as that plan just came out I think (zero by 2050, I.e. Not Enough)

again remember that JS is pretty new on the scene so yeah he's kind of an X factor, but the plan looks sound. the Green plan is very bold but basically un-sellable in its current form, and light on key details.

like take the pipeline example. Liberals bought a pipeline. Cons and PPC would have bought a pipeline. Bloc doesn't care if the pipeline isn't in Quebec. The idea of the NDP buying an oil pipeline is hilarious, as is the Greens, but of those two, one might get power, and the other is too unrealistic.

that said I'm happy the Liberals are going to take this election, I was truly concerned about the Cons (still am but less so), I want the NDP to be the opposition to push things reliably left instead of to the right. The whole fucking planet is moving right, we need to step up.
About the Green environmental plan being un-sellable. Sellable is relative. While sellability does need to be taken into consideration what is more important to the Green is real environmental action and taking seriously and meeting the scientifically established climate targets.

The Libs buying the pipeline is complicated because of international trade agreements and what was entered into by the Cons when they had power. Cons basically sold off Canadian sovereignty in a backroom deal so they could force Canada into a pro-oil agenda by misusing the protections provided for a foreign entity under international trade law.
It's exactly what the Cons would do again too.

Singh isn't entirely an X factor though. He does have some history. It's on his wikipedia page.
He's done a lot of work advocating for Sikh causes throughout his life for example. That tells us something favourable about him. It however unfortunately shows that his interests in the past are very specific. Which is fine. May's interests are very specific to the environment. She even got arrested for protesting. What the history of the candidates tell us about the focuses of the leaders in their non-campaign behavior is revealing of their true intentions and priorities.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Was this posted?

Scheer sat through the national anthem after it was made gender-neutral, something Scheer voted against for reasons that should be obvious.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Libs buying the pipeline is complicated because of international trade agreements and what was entered into by the Cons when they had power. Cons basically sold off Canadian sovereignty in a backroom deal so they could force Canada into a pro-oil agenda by misusing the protections provided for a foreign entity under international trade law.
It's exactly what the Cons would do again too.

this is a fair point – I agree that Trudeau basically inherited this nasty little surprise from Harper. but they rushed it, there's a reason the courts got in their face, because the Indigenous issues weren't being addressed properly, which was very two-faced considering their statements on reservations and being better at listening to First Nations concerns. the handling of the pipeline, SNC and reneging on PR were sort of the three strikes, for me, on this current government.

they're still obviously way, way better than Scheer who kept banging the drum on "Indigenous people can't veto our oil projects" in the debates but it was not handled well.

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

there's lots to complain about with the NDP - the USMCA thing was dumb, using old numbers too often, being too sweeping in their statements. But I can set my watch to Liberal corruption scandals, it's like clockwork. I don't hate the Liberals but they've been real comfy for too long and really fucked up Ontario and Atlantic Canada. The right wing parties are craven or insane. and the Greens are simply too small and chaotically disorganized to get any love from me. I wish they were better, for that party but aside from BC it's kind of a clown car, and I can accuse May personally of all the things i would criticize the NDP for, up there. I mean you want to talk about impossible lefty populism. I'm way up there top left corner on the infamous vote compass but the Greens seem to have zero sense of realpolitik. You're not gonna berate people into zero emissions.

Vote NDP and get NONE of these things.

The PCs have fucked up Ontario more in a year than the OLP have in 10.

Was this posted?

Scheer sat through the national anthem after it was made gender-neutral, something Scheer voted against for reasons that should be obvious.

What a bloody child.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the thing I love the most about Scheer cratering

... is, what is he gonna do, after they drum him out. he has literally zero work experience.

i'd say he would probably go write a Sun column or something. but it would just be pictures of that turtle you need to draw to get into art school over and over

sapiens said:
Vote NDP and get NONE of these things.
oh, ok, well argued.

Liberals shot vote reform down and their green plan is inadequate, so who do you recommend

The PCs have fucked up Ontario more in a year than the OLP have in 10.
sure i agree but don't see relevance here.. also let's not forget who lost Ontario to the PCs

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Was this posted?

Scheer lost everything for the interests he represents at the most sublime level of national unity and all of us left him behind.
He never intended to be unified with Canada in his heart.

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

... is, what is he gonna do, after they drum him out. he has literally zero work experience.

i'd say he would probably go write a Sun column or something. but it would just be pictures of that turtle you need to draw to get into art school over and over

oh, ok, well argued.

Liberals shot it down and their green plan is inadequate, so who do you recommend

sure i agree but don't see relevance here
What does it matter to him? He can stay a useless back bencher the rest of his life and he's already got a killer pension.
If scheer were to win, it would also only embolden the cpc to put up even worse federal leadershIp. Or not. Either way, we'll probably have to deal PM Doug Ford one day.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does it matter to him? He can stay a useless back bencher the rest of his life and he's already got a killer pension.
If scheer were to win, it would also only embolden the cpc to put up even worse federal leadershIp. Or not. Either way, we'll probably have to deal PM Doug Ford one day.
yeah but he's not gonna win. and Ford only won because 905'ers are dicks and Wynne was tuuuurible. but i take your point.
Well, people had to vote them out right?

The parties are what they are, but it's the people that vote them in.
sadly

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
I'm kind of looking forward to the Con leadership race.
I'm not so confident about Ford getting the nod after destroying the national parties chances, but then again I'm not a Con.
I keep seeing Cons wistfully hoping for Ambrose. She left politics entirely I thought, maybe she'd come back.
I'd tolerate Notley as fed Con leader.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Scheer is an idiot.

Also, did they officially make the anthem gender neutral? Did I miss a thread?
I didn't see a thread about it.
The anthem was made gender neutral in English Jan. 2018.

On January 31, 2018 legislation was passed to change the English lyrics from "True patriot love in all thy sons command" to "True patriot love in all of us command," to make it gender neutral.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Was this posted?

Scheer sat through the national anthem after it was made gender-neutral, something Scheer voted against for reasons that should be obvious

The original lyrics were gender neutral and they've changed several times I think. What an idiot.

Well, people had to vote them out right?

The parties are what they are, but it's the people that vote them in.

Wynne was voted out due to Liberal fatigue and crap McGuinty did and messing up hydro prices.

Ford had no platform and won easily. He just had to not mention job losses like Tim Hudak.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
The hymn was written in French and translated into English, so even if they go "DURRRR IT CHANGES THE ORIGINAL", they have no leg to stand on. It's a translation, an adaptation.

Scheer is an idiot.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
The NDP and Singh are funny. Oh did I say funny, I mean hypocrites.

"Omg the liberals are literally the worst party ever because they didn't pass pr"

Also the NDP

"Yeah we're not going to push the libs to do pr if we form a coalition with them, but that cell phone cap the libs said they will do, that is"

Lol, cause it doesn't poll well, give me a break.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Wynne was voted out due to Liberal fatigue and crap McGuinty did and messing up hydro prices.

Ford had no platform and won easily. He just had to not mention job losses like Tim Hudak.
He was still voted out. "Fatigue" or whatnot. If you vote in someone that destroys your town/province, then that's partially on you. (you as a general term).

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
But but "ABC" and all that. (lol)

The fact that most of the provinces went Tory these past couple of years is telling too, honestly. PEI was the hilarious example because people were predicting a Green government at times (and the electoral reform referendum passing lol).

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
But but "ABC" and all that. (lol)

The fact that most of the provinces went Tory these past couple of years is telling too, honestly. PEI was the hilarious example because people were predicting a Green government at times (and the electoral reform referendum passing lol).

It seems you're suggesting it wasn't close and the prediction reasonable. Maybe you don't realize how close it was?
If you really supported ER you would support the party that has shown to care the most about ER and help with their efforts instead of spreading misleading information and disparaging them and the people involved getting enthused about it.

NE0Wa2G.png

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
I think those that want me to question myself(for their benefit!) and disparage me instead of addressing my points don't want their NDP based anti-Green propaganda exposed for the BS it is.

Truth will out, as The Bard says.

Last edited:

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I think those that want me to question myself(for their benefit!) and disparage me instead of addressing my points don't want their NDP based anti-Green propaganda exposed for the BS it is.
Probably has more to do with the repetitive nature of astroturfing and the acidic responses to people where you decry being personally attacked while being aggressive in your response. That's just a guess though.

To keep it political though, was Rachel Notley the Notley you were referring to being an acceptable leader for the CPC? Not sure the target of a "punt the cunt" bumper sticker campaign would be up for it.

Ambrose still has interviews now and then it seems regarding politics, most recent I heard was her dismay over some bill of hers that the senate killed or something. I'm sure the CPC regrets that she was only interim leader.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The NDP and Singh are funny. Oh did I say funny, I mean hypocrites.

"Omg the liberals are literally the worst party ever because they didn't pass pr"

Also the NDP

"Yeah we're not going to push the libs to do pr if we form a coalition with them, but that cell phone cap the libs said they will do, that is"

Lol, cause it doesn't poll well, give me a break.

but it doesn't. It sucks but it seems too nebulous for the public. believe me, they want to yell about PR but the focus groups are all "derp"

and let's not forget, it was a Liberal promise. "This will be the last FPTP election" – JT, years ago.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
To keep it political though, was Rachel Notley the Notley you were referring to being an acceptable leader for the CPC? Not sure the target of a "punt the cunt" bumper sticker campaign would be up for it.

Ambrose still has interviews now and then it seems regarding politics, most recent I heard was her dismay over some bill of hers that the senate killed or something. I'm sure the CPC regrets that she was only interim leader.
I respond to people in the manner they engage me in. People teach you how to treat them. I don't treat everyone the same.
Perhaps you could learn from that.

Those punters are only part of the Con fabric in the national picture. She did stand up for Albertan interests and some AB Con voters did vote NDP previously and speak well of her. They're not all against Notley as they are against the NDP.

Ambrose had a bill for mandatory training for fed judges in sex assault.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

CBC News Alerts @CBCAlerts

Reporters ask Trudeau to say whether he thinks Quebec's secularism law known as Bill 21 is discriminatory - yes or no. He repeats his consistent response that Quebecers are already challenging the law in court and he won't intervene for now but will always defend minority rights.

9:18 AM - Oct 17, 2019

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown

CBC News Alerts @CBCAlerts

Reporters ask Trudeau to say whether he thinks Quebec's secularism law known as Bill 21 is discriminatory - yes or no. He repeats his consistent response that Quebecers are already challenging the law in court and he won't intervene for now but will always defend minority rights.

9:18 AM - Oct 17, 2019

That response isn't inconsistent. It's always been that. And he has defended minority rights, not to their exclusiveness or supremacy obviously, but their equality under the law.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It seems you're suggesting it wasn't close and the prediction reasonable. Maybe you don't realize how close it was?
If you really supported ER you would support the party that has shown to care the most about ER and help with their efforts instead of spreading misleading information and disparaging them and the people involved getting enthused about it.

NE0Wa2G.png
It's easy. Do ER without a referendum.

This is a failure on everyone's part.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
It's easy. Do ER without a referendum.

This is a failure on everyone's part.
I agree without a referendum. To a certain degree. I like the Green plan of creating a multiparty group for input to make it happen.

I'd like a mandatory provision of one election under the new system with the options to go back to FPTP, keep what's there or modify if there is no referendum.
Basically don't throw away all the FPTP stuff we might need it!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

i'd say he would probably go write a Sun column or something.
Men like him constantly fail upwards, so I expect him to lose the election and then win a cushy lobbying or punditry job somewhere as a reward -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.