• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Don't have time to call by the time I get home, anyone able to explain how the Koodo tab works as a current customer?

Looking into grabbing a couple Galaxy S7 or an S7 and an S8 on a tab small (or tab medium, but when I log in and check it says tab small). Do I just walk in, pay the fee and then pay $16+ more a month or is there another special hoop I need to jump through? Currently running a Galaxy S3 and a Iphone 5s but never been on a "tab" before so not really sure how this all works.

No idea where to ask but... noticed my PS4 has started to take discs slowly. Any easy method to fix it without opening? Seems to eject em fine. Curios if my drive is starting to go...

Deleted member 7529

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of it for awhile but does Disgaea 5 Complete for Switch go on sale often? I could've sworn there were some pretty cheap sales over the Christmas season, and now that I'm itching to hop back in to the number crunching grind, I'm baffled to find it's still full price.

Having owned it for PlayStation 4 previously, I'm not looking to dive in at full price. Can't seem to find it secondhand locally either.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia

I'm trying to buy it, but I guess the deal is over. It says $269 at your link, and though it still shows $119 on the app, in the cart the price becomes $199.

Hope some people were able to take advantage of this at least. I own another of these drives, and it's been excellent.

I know Seagate drives are always on sale, but I've only ever had bad luck with them.

mitchregis

Jan 18, 2018
Toronto
Switch users, what are you guys using for power banks? I'm going on a few trips in June so I think it's about time to keep an eye on some of the better banks you guys recommend.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A leading analyst is saying the Canadian dollar is 'destined' to reach US 60 cents by 2019.

Don't listen to those corporate goons who argue that a weak Canadian dollar is good for Canadians - it's not. That assertion, which is always advanced by corporations, and sometimes picked up on by certain Canadians who think they're super clever, is demonstrably false.

Canadians who purchase lots of material goods from the US absolutely get hammered by a weak Canadian dollar.

Corey31

Oct 25, 2017
A leading analyst is saying the Canadian dollar is 'destined' to reach US 60 cents by 2019.

Don't listen to those corporate goons who argue that a weak Canadian dollar is good for Canadians - it's not. That assertion, which is always advanced by corporations, and sometimes picked up on by certain Canadians who think they're super clever, is demonstrably false.

Canadians who purchase lots of material goods from the US absolutely get hammered by a weak Canadian dollar.

There have been a few analysts that have predicted that in recent years, it never happens. Only for a brief week or two in 2016 did we even fall below $0.70 USD let alone $0.60 USD. Most of the last 5 years we have been in the $0.74-$0.79 range.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
PSN Store has started doing that fun thing where it doesn't let you purchase anything on your credit card this week.

Is there anywhere that does instant delivery of digital PSN codes in Canada? I still can't believe Amazon.ca doesn't sell them.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

Do you have anything to back up that unnecessary shade?

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Don't have time to call by the time I get home, anyone able to explain how the Koodo tab works as a current customer?

Looking into grabbing a couple Galaxy S7 or an S7 and an S8 on a tab small (or tab medium, but when I log in and check it says tab small). Do I just walk in, pay the fee and then pay $16+ more a month or is there another special hoop I need to jump through? Currently running a Galaxy S3 and a Iphone 5s but never been on a "tab" before so not really sure how this all works.
Koodo tab depends on what plan you have. It seems to me that your plan is only eligible for tab small. Try looking for any phone with tab small or better yet go with tab medium. What happens is you choose your plan $50 + $15 (tab medium or $25 for tab large). So you'll end up paying $65 a month.

Scrubblenaut

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have Amazon.ca E3 2016 orders with the below listed games and get check what pricing you see? Need to double-check pricing before trying to get Amazon to resolve an order cancellation issue and try to get some compensation from them. Pretty sure some (maybe all) of them were $49.99 or so. And then they'd have the 20% promo discount on them too.
  • Days Gone (PS4)
  • Death Stranding (PS4)
  • Detroit: Become Human (PS4)
  • Spider-Man (PS4)
Long story short: Couldn't update my payment method due to a system glitch on their end (as per Amazon's investigation), so tried to get help from their Customer Service team. Then they cancelled the rest of my pre-orders in that particular order! And they wouldn't honour the pricing from my original order in any new orders for those same items even though it was their mistake to cancel everything. Currently can't even place new pre-orders because each of the items are "currently unavailable" on the website.

Thanks for your help!

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Anyone have Amazon.ca E3 2016 orders with the below listed games and get check what pricing you see? Need to double-check pricing before trying to get Amazon to resolve an order cancellation issue and try to get some compensation from them. Pretty sure some (maybe all) of them were $49.99 or so. And then they'd have the 20% promo discount on them too.
  • Days Gone (PS4)
  • Death Stranding (PS4)
  • Spider-Man (PS4)
Long story short: Couldn't update my payment method due to a system glitch on their end (as per Amazon's investigation), so tried to get help from their Customer Service team. Then they cancelled the rest of my pre-orders in that particular order! And they wouldn't honour the pricing from my original order in any new orders for those same items even though it was their mistake to cancel everything. Currently can't even place new pre-orders because each of the items are "currently unavailable" on the website.

Thanks for your help!

All 49.99 in my orders.

Zing

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
  • Days Gone (PS4)
  • Death Stranding (PS4)
  • Spider-Man (PS4)

Thanks for your help!
All $49.96 for me. I guess they price matched someone at some point?

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
You're probably fine then. I'd definitely classify the 1050 as a budget card though. So don't expect to go beyond 1080p/60 (or less in some newer games)
Theoretically, I should be able to replace the card eventually no?

No SSD. Do yourself a favour and pick one up for this. I can't imagine using a computer that only has a hard drive.

Yup, if I did go for this deal I would definitely pick up an SSD. Thanks for the heads up though

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Theoretically, I should be able to replace the card eventually no?

Oh absolutely. It's extremely easy to swap out a graphics card. 5 minute job max.

Problem is graphics cards are extremely expensive right now due to bitcoin miners. So you'd have to wait it out for prices to come back down. For the next steps up, gtx 1060 or 1070, you're looking at probably $400 and $700 respectively right now.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Oh absolutely. It's extremely easy to swap out a graphics card. 5 minute job max.

Problem is graphics cards are extremely expensive right now due to bitcoin miners. So you'd have to wait it out for prices to come back down. For the next steps up, gtx 1060 or 1070, you're looking at probably $400 and $700 respectively right now.
Yeah, I've recently been looking at prebuilts and even a GPU-less system running with an AMD Raven Ridge card, waiting for prices to drop. But I'm still a novice at all of this, so I'm relying on advice from Era users.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
  • Days Gone (PS4)
  • Death Stranding (PS4)
  • Spider-Man (PS4)

Thanks for your help!
LOL this exact thing happened to me starting with God of War. At this point I should play my backlog instead.

doctorcdcs

Oct 25, 2017
The source sent me a "We miss you" email. Came with a $25 off $100 purchase coupon code. Expires April 30th. Check your emails if you think you might get one.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prime is increasing to $119.99 in the US.

I wonder if the incredibly incompetent Canadian section of Amazon will follow.

''Remember us cutting the 20% on video game pre-orders to 10% last year?
Remember us delivering all your new games late compared to the competition?
Remember our Canadian version of Prime Video being inferior to the US?
Remember our inconsistent manner of putting Prime discounts on games and not applying it if you ordered before the Prime discount appeared, despite the fact we told you it would be discounted when the item will ship, when you contacted us?

Well, if you remember all that and still want to be a Prime member, be sure to subscribe next year for the low sum of 149.99$/yr! We love you. :)''

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
I traded my og ps4 in for another pro. No hassle with my launch 500gb model. I am super impressed with the fan noise compared to my other launch pro. God of war doesn't get louder than my speakers now. Monster hunter will be my next test.

I was tempted getting the white version but I went for black to keep consistency.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's a great coffee maker? Are the ones with built in grinders bad, should I buy separate?
I would like to get one with a built in grinder so I can program it and have it grind the beans and make the coffee all on its own at 6 AM.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Long story short: Couldn't update my payment method due to a system glitch on their end (as per Amazon's investigation), so tried to get help from their Customer Service team.
Oh? So other people have been hit with this glitch? Amazon sorta claimed the glitch was my fault, because we aren't supposed to remove a dead credit card from our payment options, and then change the credit card on our orders. Although I'm pretty sure I did it in the opposite (correct) order, and all my preorders except the E3 2016 one changed credit cards fine.

I do think I've figured out a solution to this issue that doesn't require contacting CS and having them volunteer to cancel your orders 12 times. Simply buy a gift card and slap that onto the problem order. That should remove the stuck credit card from the equation. But it does mean I'll fully prepay for Death Stranding 5 years before it comes out...

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Damn New Egg is good

Ordered 2 8tb hdds and 8hb of laptop ddr4 ram yesterday afternoon using the ebay coupon

They arrived today

Hat's off newegg! You earned my money minus 15%

superbad

Jan 9, 2018
I traded my og ps4 in for another pro. No hassle with my launch 500gb model. I am super impressed with the fan noise compared to my other launch pro. God of war doesn't get louder than my speakers now. Monster hunter will be my next test.

I was tempted getting the white version but I went for black to keep consistency.

Did they give you the full $250 credit?

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Corporate goons, Canadians who think they're clever... I'm not sure what your point was.

The Canadian dollar is dropping. It's highly likely that it will drop even further. If you're a Canadian consumer and you purchase material goods, or even digital goods, in US dollars, then you're going to suffer.

You can agree or disagree. Completely up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.