Status
Not open for further replies.

superbad

Jan 9, 2018
My $56 copy of Tomb Raider from Best Buy was out for delivery today, and Canada Post decided to leave a tag rather than leave the actual shipment in my mailbox.

Tag said it would be available for pickup after 6pm, so I go to the post office around 8pm and apparently it's not there yet and it's after 6 "next business day". Since when does Canada Post not drop undelivered parcels off at the post office the same day?

Total first world problem, but I really wanted it to play this weekend. Guess I'll be doing the 'ol buy and return!

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
My $56 copy of Tomb Raider from Best Buy was out for delivery today, and Canada Post decided to leave a tag rather than leave the actual shipment in my mailbox.

Tag said it would be available for pickup after 6pm, so I go to the post office around 8pm and apparently it's not there yet and it's after 6 "next business day". Since when does Canada Post not drop undelivered parcels off at the post office the same day?

Total first world problem, but I really wanted it to play this weekend. Guess I'll be doing the 'ol buy and return!

When Canada Post tagged my deliveries, it always said I could pick them up after 1pm the following day. Most of the time I went to the post office anyways and they had my package, but not always. They have never once said I could pic up my package the same day. I live in downtown Toronto.

kevotwo

Nov 4, 2017
I always use the deliver to post office option that way I get it that day instead of pick up tomorrow after 1pm notice

Slasj

Oct 25, 2017
When Canada Post tagged my deliveries, it always said I could pick them up after 1pm the following day. Most of the time I went to the post office anyways and they had my package, but not always. They have never once said I could pic up my package the same day. I live in downtown Toronto.

If you check the tracking it will actually say something to the effect that it was delivered to the postal outlet. If it's not there the tracking will say that it is on its way to the postal outlet. It's usually delivered to the postal outlet the same day for me but I always check before going, especially around Christmas.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry

Canada Post can be a real clusterfuck sometimes. Phantom knocks, slips left yet things not being where they're supposed to...

We have a community box due to being rural, and they'll fold and roll and cram shit in. Damaged some of my things because of it. My two games yesterday were crammed in together as well.

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't really gaming related but do any of you guys have Freedom Mobile? I have the $60 Fido plan for 10GB but I see Freedom has a $60 10GB + 3GB plan. I'm already out of contract and have my own phone and was wondering about switching over, but I'm worried about the coverage. From their map it looks like I'm good within the GTA (I'm in Mississauga and travel to Scarborough/Markham pretty often).

centracore

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone ever pre-ordered an Apple device from Best Buy before? Just wondering if they are delivered on launch day or shipped on launch day?

Based on my Nintendo Switch pre-order I'm assuming they ship on launch day..

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't really gaming related but do any of you guys have Freedom Mobile? I have the $60 Fido plan for 10GB but I see Freedom has a $60 10GB + 3GB plan. I'm already out of contract and have my own phone and was wondering about switching over, but I'm worried about the coverage. From their map it looks like I'm good within the GTA (I'm in Mississauga and travel to Scarborough/Markham pretty often).

Their coverage is slowly improving, but it's a clear step down from the other providers

I'd stick with the Fido plan tbh

SickBoy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I would only trust Freedom if I lived in a city and never left -- and even then, I would be a bit skeptical. My brother is on Freedom and it's gotten better since they launched, but I still think it lags behind other providers in terms of coverage quality.

Personally, "coverage zones" are a deal-breaker for me.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I would only trust Freedom if I lived in a city and never left -- and even then, I would be a bit skeptical. My brother is on Freedom and it's gotten better since they launched, but I still think it lags behind other providers in terms of coverage quality.

"Lags behind" is an incredibly charitable way of putting it. I've heard absolutely terrible things.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton

I'm with them although I only have experience with coverage in the west. I'm also on their $40/5GB plan from a couple of years back.

If I had a 10GB $60 plan with Fido I would not switch to Freedom for an extra 3GB, as you'll get both worse coverage and worse speeds. For $50....maybe. I guess it also depends how much of your data you're actually using, too.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Can you guys help me out here?
I wanna do this PS4 trade-in thing at EB Games, but can anyone tell me if I transfer all my games over to my external HDD, which I am using for most of my PS4 games, will they work on the new PS4? Do I just plug it in and "presto"? Is there anything else I should know? Am I going to lose PT?

So I did this. And yes, you do need separate storage for your system backup. You can't back up to the same external HDD that your games are saved on. Just a word of warning, my backup was about 23 GB, and took about 2.5-3 hours to back up (I just used a 32GB thumb drive). So allow for that. I ended up selling the bundled NHL 19 for $60 cash, which seemed fair enough. I also traded in one of my ratty, ruined-thumb-stick controllers for an extra $25, so out of pocket I paid about $23 for a new PS4. Worth it. The Slim runs dead quiet, (so far anyway), and it's just nice not worrying if it's going to last me for the next few years.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I have freedom 40 for 6. I live in Ottawa and go to Toronto often. Lose service in between. Basements and large buildings can be a problem. If you have a great deal somewhere else stick with it.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Should I get the switch pro controller? Looking at the smash Bros version and it looks really sleek - would it make a good PC controller too or is it too hard to use that way?

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds good - has there ever been any deals or sales on it? I doubt it, but better safe than sorry.

Is it worth going for the smash bundle with the steelbook?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone ever see ultrawide PC monitors on sale? I'm very happy with the 34" LG 21:9 monitor I'm trialling, except for the $449 price tag.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
utWNGJu.jpg

b52REhZVmJChW0z5G4Acmr5S_zrK9b7aq_immgc1b2xTQIg3gXGDuojM13h8EB53TUaYsORK_iGoo76HRxqwO3tv4eEc73_YTWOtQjhy6cNAWVfY_VE=s0-d-e1-ft

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds good - has there ever been any deals or sales on it? I doubt it, but better safe than sorry.

Is it worth going for the smash bundle with the steelbook?
ah yeah, if you do get a switch pro controller and use it on pc, you're gonna need to calibrate the sticks in a windows setting, or else the analog stick's wont fully work

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So I did this. And yes, you do need separate storage for your system backup. You can't back up to the same external HDD that your games are saved on. Just a word of warning, my backup was about 23 GB, and took about 2.5-3 hours to back up (I just used a 32GB thumb drive). So allow for that. I ended up selling the bundled NHL 19 for $60 cash, which seemed fair enough. I also traded in one of my ratty, ruined-thumb-stick controllers for an extra $25, so out of pocket I paid about $23 for a new PS4. Worth it. The Slim runs dead quiet, (so far anyway), and it's just nice not worrying if it's going to last me for the next few years.

If you have an external, why do you need a backup? Throw all your games on it, upload your saves to the PS+ cloud (Or backup your saves/photos to a flash drive - but I don't care about my photos lol), deactivate your PS4, and.. I think that's it? (More or less what I did but I could be forgetting something)

Einreich

Oct 28, 2017
Starting enjoying Spiderman. Still thinking that the game isnt enough polished.

Playing in 4K HDR on my X900e. Maybe something is wrong.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm in Malta and just stumbled on a place selling an NES classic controller. Weird seeing that in the wild. 19 euro though.

Where is the Malta deals thread?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the AC: Odyssee pre-orders and holy shit Ubi has really outdone itself with this bullshit...

You have the standard version...ok whatever
You have the Digital Deluxe which comes with a "Deluxe DLC pack" which has a couple of weapons and armors.
Then you have the Gold Edition that has 2 days early access and the season pass but NOT the Deluxe pack
Finally you have the Ultimate edition that has both the early access/season pass AND the Deluxe pack

80$, 99$, 130$ or 150$ CAN..... Jesus fucking Christ....

I guess the Gold edition is "only" 106$ CAN on GMG if you don't get screwed by the Paypal exchange rate too much... FFS

Canadiancrowe

Nov 4, 2017
I know this isn't the BST thread but I happened to find a PS4 Pro 500 million edition. I purchased it (yesterday) and like all impulse purchases I regretted it the second I opened it.

I can still return it to the store, but if anybody in Toronto wants to buy it from me, I'm selling for $710.

It's opened but has maybe a couple hours of use.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
Spider-Man looks great on my 900E. I'm using default settings.

Tomb Raider arrived today. Its a modern miracle for amazon to get me a game, which I preordered one year ago, a mere four days after release

You actually linked to your own answer. :D
what category is a Joycon in :s

Probably only exchange if they're defective, unless you get an inept employee (very possible)

aight, thanks

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to see if anyone has an opinion without going to the Apple Store.

Is the iPhone 8 considerably worse than an XR? I wanted to buy one of the new phones but seeing the 8 Plus in store I realized that I just can't use a big phone... but I'm not sure if I'm making a mistake by buying a "last gen" iPhone 8 instead.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to see if anyone has an opinion without going to the Apple Store.

Is the iPhone 8 considerably worse than an XR? I wanted to buy one of the new phones but seeing the 8 Plus in store I realized that I just can't use a big phone... but I'm not sure if I'm making a mistake by buying a "last gen" iPhone 8 instead.
If you're in Vancouver, I'll be selling my iPhone 8 soon

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that my iPhone 7 contract is ending at the end of the month... I'm not necessarly in a hurry to change... My 7 is still doing the job even if the battery is slowly starting to go bad....

I've been thinking about going with Android for my next phone. I was on Android for the period between my iPhone 5C and 7 and while I loved the OS I fucking hated my cheap piece of crap that was the Motorola X-Play. I had a ton of hardware issues... Anyway I feel like Android could be a great solution if I actually go for a good phone... I'm just not sure which one?

I'm with Bell right now and service is fine so I don't really need to change (tho whatever... I also don't really have any attachment to them)...

I guess the new phones are all coming out soon? Maybe I should wait for those...

Status
Not open for further replies.